Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Aww no I am gutted to see you are having a carp time in work. I know what you're going through as you know. Thankfully I am coming out the other side but my whole festive season was ruined by work nonsense. I like Brogden have removed all feelings from work. I am working to live and I will play the game. I am ensuring I exceed all my numbers and I will make them eat their words. So horrible though when you are living it xx
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • supersaver1000
    Options
    Wise words MiT it's very hard not to get involved, but I agree that the professional distance is best for self preservation. That's a good reminder for me.
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi INOD - you were right the hot chocolate was so worth it. I don't like sweet sickly chocolate if you know what I mean and this was perfect. It also helped they had a few pieces of chocolate to sample.

I'm considering a change of jobs - I don't know if it will be out of the frying pan into the fire situation but I may as well put my name forward. I like my job, its the people I have a problem with. I hope yours is getting better.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Well job wise, I've stood my ground on an issue where caving in would distract me from my own clients and bring increased pressure. Am feeling bad cos it's leaving a colleague who is also a friend in a big of a pickle but it really can't be helped. Had a six o'clock start Friday morning and finally finished around 9.30 with a break for a nap to try and shift a headache. This time I am going to try listening to my body. Filled up with diesel fri as was over the border and it comes in about £1 a litre. Did two meetings, in one dublin, one in belfast and both went ok. Also, got an outstanding piece of work cleared. Did some grocery shopping yesterday and used my £5 off voucher (to be transferred to the mortgage) and got another for next week. Mainly staples purchased but I forgot to get bread! We were out for dinner and a cabaret last night courtesy of a Christmas present from DS. Not the best of evenings. We were overcharged, had a struggle to get the receipt and oh got a bone in his duck lasagne. Happily, the sister of a colleague is head of hr in the place so she'll be hearing all about it on Monday after we seek a refund. I haven't been to this place in about 4 years as last time I was there, they assumed possibly due to alcohol consumption on a girlie night out, that all of us were drunk and added in two extra bottles of wine to our bill along with two shorts that no one at our table was drinking. I don't drink so had the row that was eventually resolved but it looks like it wasn't a one off. Anyhow, today I am going to finish dealing with the bookcase. The top shelf is still empty and hopefully tackle the dining room and make inroads to the bedroom. Am kinda excited that no fixed abode items will finally have homes and space may start to emerge. How sad is that. Oh, I also have £5 and OH has £2 to contribute towards a £27 bill tomorrow so that will go to the mortgage. I am also aiming to correct my miscalculation so my percentages should be so much better. Yay.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    £20 transfer to mortgage and £10 to July saving pot. Sig updated accurately this time. £26 to break another thousand. Need to hunt that out. Just not sure from where. Nipped to a£da this evening to grab a loaf. Got three batches of chicken portions at 10p each. OH and DD love their chicken. Cheapest dinner ever. Having cleared a shelf in the kitchen cupboard last week courtesy of my bookcase, I was able to tidy stuff away from the dining room and put out some stuff in the living room. Things are coming together. Not as quickly as I would like but I can see progress. Hopefully everyone is having a good day

Today I am grateful for bargainous shopping
    OH's inspiration
    An unreliable website that is making me consider purchases.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Another week, the last of the month. Yay! Got a tender presentation in dublin this afternoon but happily a colleague is driving. Spoke to my work friend yesterday and explained why I couldn't help out. She agreed it was the right thing for me which is good. Am feeling slightly optimistic that I can get on top of things so fingers crossed that holds. It may of course be due to the potato bread OH just made for breakfast. So, up and at em. Take care everyone. Btw, isn't it so much warmer?
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today I have decided I'm going to adopt a fly lady approach it work. I'm going to list all that needs done and allocate 15 mins at a time to tasks. This means no interruptions allowed for that period, no emails, staff discussions, phone calls, etc. I can think of 2 or 3 things that I can finish off straight away which will be gone forever. Just need to get myself out of bed to get started :D

Anyhow, yesterday's tender presentation went well I think. Was in dublin but boss drove and treated me to lunch. They engaged for longer than our allocated time slot which seems positive. We then got caught up in a hoax bomb alert on our return to belfast. Result was 3.5 hours for a 100 mile journey. Yesterday was a completely spend free day plus as I had no lunch outlaw, I now owe £1 to the op pot. Today I am grateful for
    Not having to defrost the car
    Brighter mornings
    Tea and toast.
  • Disco_Dolly
    Options
    Oh love flylady, I am on a major house clean buzz at the moment too, I am terrible for not putting things back in their place. So we are having a major house declutter, loads of stuff gone to bin and gone to charity. I have just the kitchen left to do but keep putting it off! The problem with the kitchen is I have loads of stuff that has no home and has moved room to room as I have been decluttering and these boxes have now ended up in the kitchen as its the last room, I just need to either be ruthless and get rid of more or find a proper home for everything LOL

Bummer on the bomb hoax, that must have been a right pain especially on a Monday when you just want to get home!
    Great news on the NSD, I need to have a few more of those myself :D
    LBM Jan 2014: €21,746.34
    Total Dec 2017: €0.00
    (Debt Free 29th Dec 2017)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday was a mixed bag sort of a day. Work wise, got some stuff cleared once and for all but also got notification OS my pay rise and to say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement. I'm actually quite insulted and will be making my feelings crystal clear if I ever manage to get a meeting with the appropriate partner. I'm trying to request time with him to discuss work matters that can't wait but he's being elusive. I've even gone so far as to suggest a meeting today, my alleged non working day, but got a tentative acceptance. It's really not good enough. Then at six I noticed a text had come from my daughter who had taken a bad allergic reaction. Cue a drive home ranting at other drivers and at traffic lights to find her looking very sorry for herself being comforted by her dog. These are generally straightforward but last year landed her with an overnight stay in hospital. Still, despite the reduction in my life expectancy, everything's ok for which I am grateful. Disturbed night for me and am now feeling decidedly carp. Turned on bedside light an bulb blew. Hope that's not a taste of things to come. Anyhow, better get going. Take care especially if the snow hit.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Oh dear!! What a carp couple of days INOD!

I know the one about work, always piling stuff on. Today I came home with a sheaf of paperwork, amendments to our contracts. No sick pay, no Christmas time off even though we have been shut for the last 26 years over Xmas so will get not a single call, must take 2 weeks in one go at some point in the year. A months notice for this, 2 weeks for that. Disciplinary proceedings... the list is endless. And they hit us with it 2 weeks before Christmas originally.

Poor DD, I hope she is ok. A bad reaction to artichokes left me with an epi-pen & 4 antihistamines a day for the last 2 years. Without them, I look something like Hitch when he has his allergic reaction... I even react to toothpaste. Sigh.

Well done for getting all these contracts in!! :D
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure