Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Lilt,

So sorry to hear that you have a 'recurring b*tch vacuum problem :('

We had a 'numpty tw*t vacuum problem' (that's the male version.) The problem I find is that the flotsam and jetsam that is sucked into the vacuum is often worse than the original item itself :(

B x
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I agree that these people are everywhere. I think I was more annoyed by the corporate response given I've been there 12 years than of the feedback. I still haven't seen it but hope to before Monday. I'm just a bit fed up at the minute. I'm trying to cover the gap left by the leaver but don't feel to inclined to get myself into gear. I'm just so fed up. Still work's finished for the day and I'm catching up on soaps and other rubbish tv. I'm supposed to be off tomorrow but have to go in tomorrow morning as there's a tender to go in. What kind of mug am I? Anyhow, at least once it's in, I will be half way through the week. Hope things are going well out there.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Hopefuljoy
    Options
    Hi there INOD, I'm so glad it went well and you escaped any flak. You are all correct, there seems to be an assembly line where all they do is churn out officious, inept and lazy people to take up key roles in orgnisations and make ordinary peoples' lives difficult.

Fortunately my current place seems to be wise to the numfty, shoddy elegantly attired but rubbish brigade but they are a rare place. We shall overcome! (going all Joan Baez here)!
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hey INOD xx

work would sometimes be so easy if people had mute buttons and trapdoors that would make the super annoying ones disappear. I hope the rest of the week is better.

As normal I am tired (and emotional!!) so I shall be off

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi INOD

It's January and we all feel a bit bleurg but I'm really cheered to know there is a real thing called a b*tch/n*mpty vacuum - it explains a lot in my workplace.

You will never believe I have a meeting in May St, Belfast tomorrow which is about a stones throw from the chocolate shop you mentioned on my thread. I'm heading there tomorrow lunchtime purely in the name of research:D
  • Brogden
    Options
    I agree that these people are everywhere. I think I was more annoyed by the corporate response given I've been there 12 years than of the feedback. I still haven't seen it but hope to before Monday. I'm just a bit fed up at the minute. I'm trying to cover the gap left by the leaver but don't feel to inclined to get myself into gear. I'm just so fed up. Still work's finished for the day and I'm catching up on soaps and other rubbish tv. I'm supposed to be off tomorrow but have to go in tomorrow morning as there's a tender to go in. What kind of mug am I? Anyhow, at least once it's in, I will be half way through the week. Hope things are going well out there.

Don't take it personally INOD. Sadly dedicating a chunk of our lives to an organisation these days doesn't cause us to be awarded with any sort of trust and respect. We are all 'questionable' and subject to the idiotic 'tick box' procedures which will be thrust upon us by pipsqueaks who embrace this carp to justify their own existances.

I am not preaching and only saying it because I am in one of those thousands of places....you know it anyway but if it helps you're not the only one.....there are millions of us.

Just look to the bank account that they pay money into and use what you earn to help your world. I really am 'at arms length' with the corporation now.....love, passion, all emotions are decidedly switched off. I try to do my best and I comply with everything they want but its 'work to live :T!!'

Brogden x
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 January 2015 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Well, a mix of a day that started quite poorly but picked up well. Went into the office for four hours, tender went in, got a piece of work put to bed and got invited to pitch for another. Left work, went to pick up a click n collect delivery that I'd gotten cashback on. Nipped into m&s to get the £10 offer martin's email advised us of. Bumped into a friend and had a very unexpected coffee break and catch up. This is someone I haven't known for very long but we just click. We've arranged dinner for later this month. Managed to then get two decent sized chickens in the meal deals along with some whoopsied stuff. At the check out, a lady randomly handed me a £5 off voucher as she wasn't going to use it. I then got another for the start of fen with my receipt. I received my £16 tcb into my account so transferred that along with my £5 voucher tted to £26.16. Also realised that I'd miscalculated so actually have more towards my target than expected. Need to correct that in my sig but it's all going in the right direction.

Still annoyed about how things are in work at present but, as you all have said, there's more to life than that. A foggy evening here, fingers crossed dd's flight lands on time tomorrow morning as she only has 2 hours to get from the airport, walk her dog, breakfast and get to work. Also, as I'm on a course tomorrow, if there are delays, mum's taxi won't be available.

Munchkin, what did you think of the choc shop?

Today I'm grateful for
    Savings
    A chance meeting
    Random acts of kindness
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Being annoyed about work shows your care and I don't think that's a bad thing. I think emotional detachment is harder for us ladies (sorry Broggers, just think hormones, Mars and Venus :D) not helped when you are doing the best for the company is undermined and attention diverted. Short term stuff I hope and a good work day comes soon to putthe mood back on a positive track. :)

Great haul and TT too :T Love it when the calcs deliver a better figure than expected too. Nice one. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • Brogden
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    Being annoyed about work shows your care and I don't think that's a bad thing. I think emotional detachment is harder for us ladies (sorry Broggers, just think hormones, Mars and Venus :D)

I relate to everything you have said Ali and I love the cosmic reference :)

We aren't always that different though. Me or most men could not emotionally detach ourselves from a living being....its easy with an entity filled with muppets though:rotfl:!!!

The fact that you girls find emotional detachment from anything more difficult is probably just part of the reason why we love you all so much........its cute ;) !!

Broggers x
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hello peeps. Still in a funk. Don't know why but it's not shifting. Did a quick run to asd@ after work and spent approx £11. Got some reduced price stuff which will be breakfast for me and the troops as we all hit the road before six tomorrow morning. Baby croissants, Danish and cookies all round. Anyhow, I'm gonna curl up shortly as I'm shattered. It feels like I'm being pulled in different directions and getting nothing done. Am so glad there's just one day to the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure