Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So. Back to the grindstone but it's likely to be a shortish day as I'm leaving the car in for some body work and will need to collect it. Bit of a non event weekend. Got some plants into where they need to go. Some others still need sited. Got some more items decluttered, ordered some new work shoes with the 20% off m&s offer, had my usual fight for a clear kitchen table, etc. also went to see a weird Japanese cartoon OH wanted to watch and was treated to a take away in return. Did my op which with TT came to just over £40. If car work comes in a bit less than expected, that will be some more. It's a lease car which is being replaced so I'm getting all scratches dealt with locally as it tends to be a cheaper option. Then need to pick up a new car in the next few weeks and I'm dreading it. I know it's pathetic but I'm not the most confident driver and getting used to a change of car bothers me. Still, better get a wiggle on. Isn't a four week month great? I'm now heading towards payday and can't wait to make the payments. Yay. On another note, OH found me a £10 sim only deal with 3 that will allow me to use their minutes when in dublin. So £5 per month saved on the contract plus a few pounds each month on extra charges.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just popping in briefly INOD. Life sounds full on for you just now. Hope you are getting some down time?

The new car will be like comfortable old slippers before you know it. :)
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Well, car didn't get sorted but is due in this Monday. Work is so so but since I had to work in dublin yesterday, I will have Friday off bar half an hour. Kondoing has slowed down but it did prevent some purchases yesterday. I didn't love them. Today I am interviewing for a trainee post. Just hope the person has done some prep. This afternoon I've a meeting scheduled from 12.30 to 4.30. I know I will lose the will to live. I've been flitting round diaries but not posting much. Am still shocked at greying's news. Still, today I am grateful for
    GPs support and insights
    Breakfast of toasted barnbrack
    Not having too much time to spend with an irritating colleague
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Well you've got me googling barmbrack :D looks good! Might have to give it a try :) hope your day went smoothly and the trainee impressed! x
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well you've got me googling barmbrack :D looks good! Might have to give it a try :) hope your day went smoothly and the trainee impressed! x

Barnbrack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnbrack
    Barnbrack is an Irish male vocal/instrumental folk/pop group, with band members Alex Quinn, Jimmy McPeake and Eoien McMahon.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Toasted. :rotfl:
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    That's two days in a row when I've lost posts. Yesterday I discovered what the undo button does. Not sure what happened to today's. I'm trying to regulate my berthing and distract myself from the rugby by browsing. In this house, my English OH watches with total bemusement as we get so aerated about this game in the six nations. Wish there was a bigger gap going into half time.

Anyhow, onto other matters. Superdave, if you'd ever heard the group barnbrack, you'd understand why toasted is preferable :rotfl::rotfl:

So, some money news. Stopped off at an outlet on way back from dublin. Gap outlet had both a sale and a 40% off day. Each December in work we do a collection for a homeless charity. I was able to get six pairs of gloves reduced from £9.99 to 99p with a further 40p off. I also got a hat for a baby that is so cute for the same price. I know it's kind of at odds with kondoing but there's now room. :D

Thurs I took advantage of the two dine in offers from that scrummy food hall and got some large chickens as OH is back being carb free from Monday. I also was able to get the same for a colleague who I know likes a proper Sunday dinner but is juggling a lot right now. I discovered that a friend makes up hampers and baskets for charity so I offloaded the wine onto her as if it doesn't get given away, my parasites consume it.

The clear out is continuing. OH has promised to start ebay listing. Also, one thing going to my mum, a book to my sister and two bags to the charity shop clothes bins. That'll wait til after the rugby and I also need to get some salad bits and some eggs and call at my mum's where I'll get a lecture about neglecting her. Some days I just can't cope with the criticism that I'm always treated to. If others are away, I make sure that she is OK but will duck responsibilities when others are about and I can't face it.

Anyhow, before this reaches the levels of war and peace, I'll continue moseying to see what others are up to.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T Well played Ireland :T

A match won fair and square. Whilst all the pundits were talking about margins and slight differences, I think that from the get go, Ireland wanted it more. And their passion and determination paid off :T

Hurrah that there were no serious injuries either :D (Hopefully Jonathan will bounce back after a weeks break :D)

Oh, and I have to say, that by far the best observance of 'Respect the kicker' belongs within the AviVa Stadium :T

Greying :)
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I agree. It was a good game with very fair judgements being made and not a sin bin. I think you were right gp about wanting it. I watched the rte coverage and they were commenting that England could benefit from the twickenham effect in the World Cup.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today the ad hoc kondoing continued. Two bags went to the charity bin. OH is currently listing about 15 items on ebay and, to my shame, some have never been worn or used. Isn't it odd that people who carry too much weight are frequently people with too many belongings. I've also been sorting out books and other bits and pieces. I called into my mum and caught up with one of my sisters and escaped relatively unscathed from both. Does anyone else who has caught the kondo bug worry about a lack of clothes?

Anyhow, today I am grateful for
    A great game of rugby with few injuries
    Being able to pass things on that mean more to the people receiving them
    The comedy in a dog's snoring
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not quite got the kondo bug yet as there is a long waiting list for the book at the library.
    But did a lot of decluttering end Jan/beg Feb before I got the lurgy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure