We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Hey peeps,

2. Weigh 10st 7lbs (long long longgggggggg road)

Hmmmmmmm we'll got weighed today & it was horrid. I weigh 14st 12lbs which means I need to lose 61lbs to get to my ideal weight.

Pegging myself prepared for diet starting tomorrow.

Dxxx

Hey Dolly :hello: - at my last WI, I was 14 stone 13lbs and we've had NY since then so it's most likely crept up over the 15st mark. I am disgusted with myself as I lost 5st for my wedding and have put it all back on bar 10lbs. Let's spur each other on eh, and support each other,(kicks up the backside where required) to get to where we need to be. We deserve to be DEBT free, happy and slim!!!! And that includes everyone who wants to join this mission!!! Hugs are allowed too mind you... :grouphug: lol x

NYD x
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • Luckylucy
    Luckylucy Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2014 at 2:16AM
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me wading in. I'm new to this and had my LBM just before Christmas.

My Goals are:

1. Pay off all my debt in 2014
    2. Lost 4 stone
    3. Clean up my credit file
    4. Get Organised and Declutter
    5. Learn to not become so emotionally invested in things that really aren't anything to do with me or I can do anything about.
    6. Focus more energy on experiences instead of possessions
    7. Remember I am Luckylucy for a reason. Despite the trials I face I have some fab people in my life I need to show them that a bit more often.
    DFW LBM 21/12/13 - Family 0/2500, CU 44/??, BT 0/308.90, EE, 0/126.54, Jacamo 0/62, Virgin 0/??
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 #322
    Weight Loss 8/52lbs
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    As many as possible for Man U please, get it?

Well...it's 1.17am and I've polished off a bottle of red wine so it took a while but yes.... I got it!!! Nice one..that did me chuckle! :rotfl:

NYD
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Luckylucy wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me wading in. I'm new to this and had my LBM just before Christmas.

My Goals are:

1. Pay off all my debt in 2014
    2. Lost 4 stone
    3. Clean up my credit file
    4. Get Organised and Declutter
    5. Learn to not become so emotionally invested in things that really aren't anything to do with me or I can do anything about.
    6. Focus more energy on experiences instead of possessions
    7. Remember I am Luckylucy for a reason. Despite the trials I face I have some fab people in my life I need to show them that a bit more often.

Hi Luckylucy and welcome :hello: - please keep us posted with your progress - it helps to motivate us all and keep us on the right track!

NYD x
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh hope you enjoyed your wine.

I haven't drank wine since 16th December 2012, very precise but I am sure I almost killed myself with a rosy wine overdose that night.

It was theeeeeeee worst drunkeness ever. My husband even gave me a row he day after - whoopsie

So now I drink whisky instead haha!

Right let's do this with he dieting.

I am planning on starting tomorrow or should I say today, but it is Sunday so maybe just put it off till Monday! Aaaaaaaargh already putting it off.

Really need go get it sorted tho I mean I am no spring licken chicken & it is harder the older you get. By the way I am 30 haha sound as if I am about 105 the way I was blabbing on then.

I am off to bed.

I am a COD ghosts widow so off to cuddle my teddy.

Dxxx
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Hope no-one minds me posting some goals of the day - it just really does help to keep me motivated - although back at work tomorrow so may not even have time to scratch the proverbial let alone post wishes for the day.

Today's goals:
    Marking for work tomorrow
    Ironing/washing up to date before tomorrow
    Make some jam
    Organise ebay stuff to post tomorrow
    List 5 more items for ebay
    Submit gas and electric meter readings

Hope everyone has a great day. x
  • sugartree
    sugartree Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Luck for you tasks today Miss Piggy.

New York Dreams: Do you have a cash 4 Clothes near you? They pay 60p per KG, some take books, DVD's and Teddy etc. Admittedly the pay out isn't great but it adds up with a massive clear out. I sometimes take stuff there as it's closer than the charity shop and as I shop in Charities often then I feel I contribute that way.

Good Morning and Good luck on Day 5 to everyone!
    Oh I do want to live in Countryside.......with the kids, pets and LOTS of books.........
    £2020 in 2020 challenge #90 - £274.37/£2020
    2020 penny challenge

• Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My goals for 2014

1. Reduce our debt by at least 8k
    2. Replenish our emergency fund (we had to use £800 for car repairs)
    3. Save a £1 a day in a sealed tin
    4. Fast two days a week (reducing weight and saving money!)
    5. Have some sort of social life (this has been put on hold for the last few years)
    6. Find a new job!
    7. Relax more and stop stressing about money

Ellie xx
  • amberfinn53
    Options
    My goals are...
    1) clear my credit card have not done anything towards this yet but once payday arrives (21st) that will be first thing :)
    2) save every month have listed some books on amazon towards this
    3) ride my horses more (sounds stupid but I don't do it enough and it will help me with my next goal and it keeps me sane!) the weather here has been terrible, my horse would throw me off in 2 seconds flat! Will try tomorrow if the weather is better :)
    4) lost 2 stone
    Heading to a slimming world class for the first time tomorrow!

5) stop eating crap! this kinda fits with 4, also turned down very cheap chocolate in mr w :D
    6) make some new friends! hoping I will meet some people at sw also have enquired about dance lessons so maybe meet some people there too
    7) Get fitter joining a dance class hopefully next week
    8) do a colour run (will need to do number 7 for this too :D) I need to find a friend to do this with first!
    9) find something to appreciate every single day, it's so easy to find a negative with my days but I don't look for the positive, going to try this instead. I have really enjoyed doing this and it has been working wonders for making me happier :D
    10) learn a new skill going to join a ballet class.0, also looking into ice skating lessons :)
    11) a relationship would be nice... no change!

I haven't really achieved any goals but I feel like I have taken a lot of small steps towards them :)

Think I'm also gonna jump on the sun holidays, are they only for families though or can you go as 2 adults?

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well :)
    £0.00/£2014 saved!

Sealed pot member :D

2014 onwards and upwards!
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Hi Folks!

Goals for today:

1. Make veggie soup
    2. Make beef casserole
    3. Make fruit salad
    4. Go food shopping
    5. Sort out clothes and lunch for tomorrow for work...ugh!
    6. Hoover upstairs and stairs
    7. Read 3 chapters of book (started it last night! whoop whoop!)
    8. Take measurements ready to start diet tomorrow.

Thanks for the idea Sugar tree! I might just do that!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

My diet starts with a vegeance tomorrow - actually really looking forward to it.

NYD x
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills