We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 1:05PM
    Options
    Great to see the updates from everyone. :rotfl: Dolly Rocker I hope you had fun and didn't have a sore head today.

Update from me -
    KT2802 wrote: »

1. Seriously start to tackle my debt using the snowballing calculator. By this time next year I want to have paid off all of my store cards and at least 1 of my credit cards. Aiming to reduce my debt by at least 50% (roughly get it to about £7000 or less).

Done the snowball calculator. Overpayed 1 CC by £30 today and 1 store card by £40! Not much but it's a start!

2. Cut up all my cards and not get into anymore debt (starting this from now)

Just cut up 2 CCs! Have 1 left which I am NOT going to use unless I really have to for an emergency. Will keep it for now until I have managed to save up some emergency money, as currently have no emergency money at all. Not ideal but think this will work for me

Good luck everyone!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I. Am. Drunk.

I have achieved nothing else today.

Dxxx

Fabulous xx

I haven't drunk Cherry Coke for about a week - weirdly I thought Christmas was a good time to stop cos there are other drinks to have.....have also been REALLY ill. so didn't fancy it....then I got a headache today.

(sorry Mat Smith is on TV and that bloke who plays Sherlock on the BBC HOW GORGEOUS are they?)

Any how I drank the cherry coke - headache went after about 30 minutes? how scary is that!?

Goals wise, I have spent any money since last year ;)
    Not much else is happening.

xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • sugartree
    Options
    Evening all,

Today I recieved £40 from onepoll, that doesn't add to my goals but a boost all the same.

I did however find out the Dun deals start this weekend and printed off my 2014 goals and stick them in my diary (thanks for the tip Danielle x)

Happy Weekend!
    Oh I do want to live in Countryside.......with the kids, pets and LOTS of books.........
    £2020 in 2020 challenge #90 - £274.37/£2020
    2020 penny challenge

• miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Goals for 2014 - in no particular order of importance except a).

a) [STRIKE]Pay the congestion charge DOH has just informed me of![/STRIKE]
    b) Lose at least 2 stone in weight (am also fat and poor) had a small pigout
    c) SORT garden - grow stuff in it - ignored garden today
    d) Decorate living room
    e) Not buy brand-new things for gorgeous newly decorated living room
    f) Re-upholster old sofa bed in living room so looks lovely and new
    g) Not lose job
    h) Ebay at least 10 items a month - listed another 10 today
    i) Get at least £100.00 extra income a month somehow
    j) Spend more quality time with people who matter - baked with daughter and visited my big sis

Well, it's a start...x x x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Haha felt fineeeeeeee today.

Went to see Last Vegas tonight was so funny.

Not very MSE but the husband treated me.

Dxxx
  • EverTheOptimist
    EverTheOptimist Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 January 2014 at 9:29AM
    Options
    Hi all

Goals for 2014

Pay off credit card - recent addition to my purse, but on 0% for 18 months. - £50 paid and direct debit set up
    Contribute to my weekly savings account as per challenge - £1 paid
    Negotiate part time hours at work
    Take little man for a walk in buggy at least 3 times per week
    Be better organised with meal planning to stop wasting food.
    Be better organised with housework - allocate one room per day on a rolling system - baby's been poorly so not done.
    Declutter wardrobes and drawers in bedroom - as above
    Lose weight - at least 1 stone - got my birthday tea this eve so will start Monday. :rotfl:
    Eat at least 3/5 fruit and veg per day - no comment.
    Reduce my misc spends - £4.68 spent out of £10 allocated.
    Read 4 books
    No buying toiletries
    Organise photos and albums - photos now in folders on computer, it's a start.
    Be a nicer person.

I don't think it's been too bad a week so far. Hopefully babba will be better soon so I can get properly focused. Although I'm now getting a cold. :(
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Well done evertheoptimist - sorry to hear your baby not well. Hope they're feeling better soon - nothing worse than a poorly bambino.
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Just made some small goals just for today:
    Buy sun newspaper for £9.50 hols (mum does this for me every year and I always just waste them!) - bad daughter
    get haircut
    exchange £10 change into note for the squirrel tin
    Make tea for parents to thank them for just being great
    Marking for work on Monday

they are not in order of importance (notice how the marking is last) but really needs to be done first!! Oh well - I MUST get all of these done. Got the paper already - Yippee.

Have a really GREAT day everyone x
  • Sabbathdei
    Sabbathdei Posts: 294 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Update time, I've set up my bank account to move £10 a week into my savings account, and counted up all my small change which has been loitering about the place for ages, which generated a whopping £3.73 ! I have resolved to put all my silver coins (50,20,10,5) into my piggy bank which is actually a sheep (well I am Welsh !) and the copper into another, bag 'em when they reach a pound and see how much I have at Christmas. The £10 a week is a very small amount considering how much I used to pay for S***bucks coffee etc throughout the week :o When it comes to Xmas I know pretty much what I need to get prezzy-wise year-to-year and how much I'll need to spend, so about £500 will be ample.
    As you were ;)
    "Can't you have your ***** cut off ?" "It's not as simple as that, Nigel"
    :j
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Just made some small goals just for today:
    Buy sun newspaper for £9.50 hols (mum does this for me every year and I always just waste them!) - bad daughter
    get haircut
    exchange £10 change into note for the squirrel tin
    Make tea for parents to thank them for just being great
    Marking for work on Monday

they are not in order of importance (notice how the marking is last) but really needs to be done first!! Oh well - I MUST get all of these done. Got the paper already - Yippee.

Have a really GREAT day everyone x

right done everything except for the last one - surprisingly (must get on with it, but might have a bath first!!!) x x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport