Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Domayne wrote: »
    Goals for 2014 - Here's hoping I stick to them!! :p

4 - Stop drinking diet coke completely!

Fantastic goal - I need to do this too - far too much DC and it's not good for you. Since I packed in smoking DC has taken over as my biggest addiction!!!:eek: It's sooooo hard to give it up though so let me know how you get on!!! x
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Update on no.6.

Had my 2nd driving lesson today & loved it!!!!

Spent ages goin around roundabouts cos I was a bit panicky over them the last time.

I am so much more comfortable with them now.

Next lesson is on Monday 6th January which will be another 2 hour lesson.

Will be moving onto manoeuvres next time, I am excitedddddddddd.

Not got anything to update on my other goals nor do I have any more to add yet.

Still think this is the best thread ever.

Dxxx

Hi Dolly! Well done on your 2nd driving lesson. Roundabouts stump my family that live in the USA and Canada - they freak them out big time!!! :rotfl:When I was learning to drive I hated parallel parking. At the time, the examiner chose 2 out of 3 maneouvres, 3 point turn, parallel parking and reverse around a corner. Guess what I got?!! Yup, PP and reverse around the the corner!!! I panicked but it turned out ok on the day. To this day, I still avoid it like the plague and think I've only ever had to do it about 4 times!!! You'll be great!

NYD xxx
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Update on goal no. 6!

Ok....I've just written a list as about to go food shopping and want to i) make healthy choices from 1st Jan and ii) stick to my budget

It's amazing what you can get for your money when you don't add: alcohol, mincepies, chocolate, crisps, dip, sausage rolls etc etc etc!!!!:)
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 December 2013 at 6:30PM
    Options
    I majorly panicked the first few times!

Sorted now tho.

Well now you only have to do 1 reversing manoeuvre thankfully!!!

Still need to make sure we are awesome at them all cos you never know which one they will want you to do when on your test.

Really want to sit my test by the end of January or mid February.

Plenty of oractive required.

Dxxx
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

HAPPY NEW 2014!!!! :beer: Here's wishing you all a HEALTHY, HAPPY and DEBT FREE (or debt free as far as possible) year ahead.

I hope you are all raring to go with your goals. I will be popping by regularly to update on my 10 goals, it would be really great if you could do the same and then that can motivate the rest of us!

So from passing driving tests to drinking less diet coke, to paying off £500 to paying off £15000, we all have our focus. :T

GOOD LUCK!

NYD xxx
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy new year NYD!!!

I will be popping on here to do the same.

Dxxx
  • Sabbathdei
    Sabbathdei Posts: 294 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Everyone !
    It seems "goals" has taken over from "reservations" as the New Year buzzword, I'd already written a list of my goals before finding this thread so here it is !
    1. Save £10 a week for Christmas (live alone so around £500 should cover all prezzies)
    2. Stop living beyond my means (CDs, videogames...'nuff said)
    3. Stop having a "just a little" flutter on the horses (seems a little when you place the bet but just add it all up over a week/month)
    4. Stop spending so much on the lottery (the Idiot Tax)
    5. Learn to drive (should have done it years ago)
    6. And, of course, lose a bit more weight ! (Lost over a stone since 2012, joined gym, over-indulged at Christmas and didn't go as much so need to get back into the habit of going at least twice a week)
    7. There is no number 7
    8. Stop eating so many blooming sweets ! (see number 6)
    "Can't you have your ***** cut off ?" "It's not as simple as that, Nigel"
    :j
  • vics199
    vics199 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Great thread! Before I start though, a little message for the diet coke people - I had a diet coke habit in 2012 which started by joining weight watchers last January as it was my substitute for chocolate. Since finally getting round to going to the dentist in September and being told off for drinking it, I have almost given it up over the last 3 months! It took a while to wean off but now I drink a lot more weak sugar free squash instead which is better for the teeth and now only have diet coke as a mixer with rum when I go out (which isn't often on my budget). So good luck to you guys on the DC challenge!!

So goals for this year:
    1) Emigrate to New Zealand (yes, this should actually be happening in June/July!)
    2) Sell my house and use any profit/money I have paid off mortgage to pay off the rest of my loan
    3) Finish paying off my dad - £3,000 left
    4) Sell my car and clear the finance at the same time (have to do this before I emigrate!)
    5) Clear £5,000 off of my credit card - should be do-able as I am starting a much better paid job in February.
    6) Lose 2 stone
    7) Get fit ie actually use my gym membership!
    8) Have fun within my budget and get off of these antidepressants.

Good luck everybody!
  • Wont_be_beaten
    Options
    Must get my eyes tested in 2014, read the thread title as Goats for 2014!!!
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great idea for a thread - I am interested in how many people are writing books. I started a diary a year ago and its great to look back on, there are some gaps where I havent written anything for a while though so I want to make more of an effort this year.

I have 2 part time jobs and 2 voluntary jobs so I need to decide if one of the voluntary jobs should go - and then not feel guilty about it.

So, my goals:
    1) Pay off as much of the debt as possible - nothing too specific, just as much as I can.
    2) Make more time for me, get OH and kids to help me more.
    3) Keep the diary up to date
    4) Declutter the house and keep on top of the housework.
    5) Remember that having "stuff" does not make me happy. This links to number 1 and number 4.
    6) Find a way to feel a bit happier with my lot. My life isnt perfect but I have got a lot to be thankful for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure