Which console PS4 or Xbox One?

Options

Comments

• renegade
    renegade Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to buy the PS4 before I found out that I could get COD ghost and BF4 for the PS3.
    I will not be buying the PS4 until the price goes down, and I cannot get the new games on the PS3.

I am a fan of YouTube vid walkthroughs, they help me decide which are value for money for me.
    You live..You learn.:)
  • garfield413
    Options
    I've always preferred PS as I've had so many problems with various XBox consoles and with Microsoft taking money out of my account and also off my credit card despite being told not to. Still no refund!

Initial PS4 consoles did have some issues but these appear to have been ironed out now - sometimes it's good that UK gets them after US so teething problems are highlighted and fixed. I also have difficulty holding XBox controllers. Free download games on PS network are good fun too.

Call of Duty discs appeared to have a problem with online play after a couple of days - we are on to our 3rd disc now and (touches wood), this one seems ok.

I suppose it's all down to personal choice.
    :hello:On mortgage pay off countdown. Less than 8 years to go. :j Won £50 Amazon voucher for filling in a survey, £100 shopping voucher, £20 Odeon voucher, £20 bowling voucher :T Doing a £2 terramundi jar challenge but everyone else seems to have the same challenge as there don't seem to be many £2 coins around!:p
  • mustang121
    Options
    Neither for me.

I had the Xbox 360 and loved the games. Then I meant my girlfriend. I wanted to trade my 360 before its slowly gets phased out for the One and PS4, they both sound good and pro's and con's, but ultimately I would have felt selfish buy either as the games available just aren't girlfriend friendly (sorry if that sounds sexist). She's just not in to zombie shooting or realistic racing games. The only game we played together was monopoly.

In the end I traded the 360 for the Wii U! Which was far, far cheaper and it's a great laugh and more importantly it has more games available that my Girlfriend is interested in playing such as Mario Kart 8, Super Mario world, Mario party. Basically anything cartoonish, quick and its a great laugh. Only bad thing is that it cannot even play DVD's! Though Samsung Blu-ray players aren't exactly expensive.
  • Humphrey10
    Humphrey10 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    Neither for me too. I've got a PS3 and a Wii U, I mainly play Blu Rays on the PS3 and play games on the Wii U.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At the minute im sticking with the xbox, I think im leaning towards getting a PS4 if and when I get a next gen but it may well change nearer the time.
  • AlecEiffel
    Options
    Sticking with ps3 until the 4 drops in price and the games for the 3 dry up. Don't have enough time to game to justify dropping a lot of money on a new system.
  • layla_roger
    Options
    I think you should go for PS4. It's the best game console i've ever played. Even games on it are awesome..
  • woody2234
    woody2234 Posts: 414 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 If your a gamer then go for ps4

2 If your a family of gamers go for xbox one

3 If you want cheap games then ps3
    Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette 1765)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't like Microsoft's pay wall, or their insistence that they know what consumers want when consumers tell them otherwise. Despite backtracking on the always on connection, the blocking of used games and the need for kinect, they're adamant that they were making the right decision but "consumers aren't ready for it". Their arrogance annoys me so I'll be giving my money to Sony for the first time since the PSone ;)

If I need to be less biased, I'd say that the only advantage MS has over Sony at the moment is the games line up, and the user interface. However, Sony has a lot of independent titles which are apparently amazing - I haven't tried them myself but a friend has ditched his PS3 to play a few of them. Sony can, and will, also update the user interface and add more features as time goes on. I think the issue here is that Microsoft already had its tile interface ready to roll whereas Sony have always been the type to make incremental changes. It's not a huge problem anyway, if you're turning the console on for a reason you already know what you want to do and won't spend more than 30 seconds selecting it.

Either way, I'll be waiting until next year. I don't get much time to play video games these days and my girlfriend wants to buy one together 'in the sales' lol... I doubt they'll fall much so I'm hoping I can convince her to wait until closer to my birthday haha
    woody2234 wrote: »
    1 If your a gamer then go for ps4

2 If your a family of gamers go for xbox one

3 If you want cheap games then ps3

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • rinaric15
    Options
    hi, the PS4 is a GAME SYSTEM it is made primarily for games. if successful Sony will stop making games for the PS3 and focus on PS4.

the Xbox One is an all in one system (hence the name :) ) it is made to replace everything from your DVD to your WII. even if successful the Xbox 360 will still have games being made.

the main difference is the price, it is 100 euro cheaper for a PS4 than a Xbox 1. also online is free on a PS4 not on the Xbox 1. you do have to sign in once a day (or once when you get the console, info changes) to the internet to make sure you are registered and that costs money from what i know. also the CIA can spy on you from the cam in the kinect set, unlikely but we nevr though tthey were stealing are messages either. (read 1984, cliff notes or wiki page haha and you will see what i mean.)

personally i would prefer the PS4 (although as usual Xbox is making better games but not as many,) mainly for the price difference.

bottom line if you want a game system go for the PS4 if you want a system to replace everything in your house with one nifty little machine go Xbox 1. hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure