IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Another PPC leaves BPA for IPC ****UPDATE***

edited 4 January 2014 at 1:42AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
111 replies 11.9K views

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    PCN(NW) never could get to grips with POFA 2012 nor even the BPA CoP so how are they going to manage a new CoP? Badly?! Worth watching their PCN and NTK wording!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012spacey2012 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The BPA dont appear to be very "on the ball" do they, these firms have cut them off dead yet still enjoy the umbrella of the BPA logo and website entry.
    Talk about having your cake and eat it ?

Think they might be better spending less time here and more time getting things caught up and ship shape at home.
    Be happy...;)
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well Gladstone/IPC , no new messages today ! And you don't have the balls to come here openly, so as I know you monitor this thread, I will post here about you , and I will not be bullied.

So you have scamming parking companies within your aos who still have claims of authority on their websites, have no company or vat numbers on their websites , has bpa logos on their sites!

So tell us all what kind of auditing you do ? It appears to be no better than your big brother at the bpa!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • spacey2012 wrote: »
    The BPA dont appear to be very "on the ball" do they, these firms have cut them off dead yet still enjoy the umbrella of the BPA logo and website entry.
    Talk about having your cake and eat it ?

Think they might be better spending less time here and more time getting things caught up and ship shape at home.

When I complained about Capital2Coast still using the BPA logo the BPA fobbed me off with "we think 3 months is a reasonable period to remove BPA logos". No BPA, the PPC know they plan to leave and so a week should be sufficient to change ALL signs and websites.
  • dacouchdacouch Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hovite wrote: »
    When I complained about Capital2Coast still using the BPA logo the BPA fobbed me off with "we think 3 months is a reasonable period to remove BPA logos". No BPA, the PPC know they plan to leave and so a week should be sufficient to change ALL signs and websites.

Typical BPA paying lip service to the government.

Chose which of the first 4 of these specific breaches to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations displaying a the BPA logo breaches

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/cpregs/oft979.pdf
  • Update on all IPC members - all those with a website are now showing the IPC logo only.

Only PCN (NW) Ltd is still uncertain as their previous website as listed on the BPA is no longer operational.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In replying to another thread in which hoohoo referred me to the IPC AOS list (thanks hh), I've been browsing the individual members' appeals processes.

It looks like they are all using a generic appeal portal in which this rather nasty paragraph requires the appellant to sign agreement to before an appeal will be considered.
    Please read and tick 'I agree' to the Terms & Conditions below *
    I confirm that all the information I have provided is true and I understand any false information may be used against me in court. Should my appeal be rejected and I later refuse payment in the specified time allowed. I allow Parking Enforcement to start issuing court proceedings against myself and the address I have provided. Parking Enforcement is registered with the ICO and all information will be confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

I agree
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • What a load of unadulterated tosh !
    " I allow ... to start court proceedings .."
    You couldn't make this up
  • atillaatilla Forumite
    862 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hovite wrote: »
    Hmm,
    Yet BPA Ltd were consulted by the DVLA and had to back down from that stance when the DVLA banned Smart Parking for the very same issue.
  • edited 18 December 2013 at 12:52PM
    4consumerrights4consumerrights
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 December 2013 at 12:52PM
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    In replying to another thread in which hoohoo referred me to the IPC AOS list (thanks hh), I've been browsing the individual members' appeals processes.

It looks like they are all using a generic appeal portal in which this rather nasty paragraph requires the appellant to sign agreement to before an appeal will be considered.

Yes U - I spotted this on Capital2Coast first on this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4838205&highlight=

What a load of unadulterated tosh !
    " I allow ... to start court proceedings .."
    You couldn't make this up
    Totally agree- S - but they are making it up in a deliberate ploy to dissuade appeals.

Makes you wonder how qualified the Gladstones solicitors really are here are their charges for their members:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/bd9e08_bfab9ef1e7548d8e3edb3086debd93b6.pdf

And they have a NEW member:

Sheriff Enforcer Ltd:

http://www.theipc.info/#!aos-members/cv75

Edit
    Sheriff Enforcer run by Robert Palmer details:
    http://companycheck.co.uk/director/911559720
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides