Another PPC leaves BPA for IPC ****UPDATE***

edited 4 January 2014 at 1:42AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
111 replies 11.9K views
4consumerrights4consumerrights
2K Posts
✭✭✭✭
Parking Awareness Services Limited is the latest PPC to jump ship and join IPC Limited:

http://www.theipc.info/#!aos-members/cv75

Just joined - still appearing on the BPA membership list at time of writing this though and also still showing BPA's logo.

Interesting though is the wording from Parking Awareness's website under "How they can help section":
By tailoring our system to your needs we can offer a fully bespoke experience, allowing you to enforce any Term & Condition; from not having a valid permit on display, to designated parking bays for yellow vehicles only.

Good luck with that one - enforcing only certain coloured cars to park.

http://parkingawareness.co.uk/about

;)

Replies

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are going to have to get the same rules for each sorted very quickly. How would a driver know what rules to apply, how to appeal, what to appeal etc. As it is it seems the IPC is heavily down on the ppc side, they don't like losing do they?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • IAC seems to be attracting only the very small fry at the moment.

Come on Combined Parking Solutions ,!, when are you joining them Perky?
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • hoohoohoohoo Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are going to have to get the same rules for each sorted very quickly. How would a driver know what rules to apply, how to appeal, what to appeal etc. As it is it seems the IPC is heavily down on the ppc side, they don't like losing do they?

I would disagree...in part.

It seems like a lot of the procedures put in place by the IPC are far more enlightened than the BPA.

Must be audited on signage content and placement before joining
    Must be audited on all letters *before* joining.
    Contracts must all be in place and shown to IPC
    GPEOL calculations must be in place for all car parks (...but not checked)
    Entrance signs must be used
    1 month grace period should operate for motorists when a new car park is in operation, or conditions change, and extra signage should be in place
    predatory practices not allowed

I would go as far as to say that the IPC are the industy leaders in terms of driving forward better parking practices and the BPA are lagging far behind.

Where I do have big problems is with their appeals process.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My concern is that the average driver will look at the 2 associations, their 2 different appeal systems and say sod it, I'm just going to pay.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    But that is their aim isn't it?

Not forgetting that tha IPC's IAS insists that anyone appealing one of their members PCN's must identify the driver.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    hoohoo wrote: »
    I would disagree...in part.

It seems like a lot of the procedures put in place by the IPC are far more enlightened than the BPA.

Must be audited on signage content and placement before joining
    Must be audited on all letters *before* joining.
    Contracts must all be in place and shown to IPC
    GPEOL calculations must be in place for all car parks (...but not checked)
    Entrance signs must be used
    1 month grace period should operate for motorists when a new car park is in operation, or conditions change, and extra signage should be in place
    predatory practices not allowed

I would go as far as to say that the IPC are the industy leaders in terms of driving forward better parking practices and the BPA are lagging far behind.

Where I do have big problems is with their appeals process.
    You are suffering under the misapprehension that just because there are requirements mandated in a Code of Practice that this will actually be followed by enforcement and sanctions. On the evidence of BPA Ltd this is a vain hope.
  • PAS01PAS01 Forumite
    4 Posts
    Hi guys, just to let you know we are taking the steps to get this changed over as quick as possible. Having been informed we are a IPC member on Friday it has taken longer then planned to get things changed over the weekend.
  • thanks for letting us know

Could you explain how you restrict parking for yellow vehicles only though please?

Could you also explain how your charges are a genuine pre estimate of loss and not a penalty.....
  • So the IPC and the BPA and PPCs monitor this forum.

At least PAS01 has the decency to identify themselves - we would be grateful for your response to the questions in above though.
  • So the IPC and the BPA and PPCs monitor this forum.

At least PAS01 has the decency to identify themselves - we would be grateful for your response to the questions in above though.

Yes the fact that the industry monitors this forum is like asking where bears go to the toilet......

Yep we should give them a chance to answer the questions and then see where that goes!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides