Vent - Royal Mail Parcel Delivery

Options
So, I ordered something this week and it was dispatched on Wednesday via second class post.
Thought it'd arrive yesterday if I was very lucky, but wasn't too fussed as it's not urgent.
Nothing turned up with the parcels the postie bought, so wasn't overly fussed.
Then, 19:30 last night my front doorbell was pressed by someone who clearly wasn't aware of how to use a doorbell (just hammered on it about 10 times)
When I got to the door, there was a parcel on the step and the arse end of a RM truck leaving my cul-de-sac.
I was pretty peed off, the doorbell woke both the kids up, and the postie had no idea I was in, yet still left a parcel on the doorstep (in the rain) and drove off.
I'd much rather it had just come another day!

Comments

• sistafromanothermista
    Options
    I would be fuming too. Does it say anywhere what times they can deliver up to?
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    I would be fuming too. Does it say anywhere what times they can deliver up to?

No, just says they will be delivering later in the run up to Christmas.
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    Brilliant.
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    your lucky first class has gone from next day to about 3 days round here in the last week
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    banger9365 wrote: »
    your lucky first class has gone from next day to about 3 days round here in the last week

Normally second class is about a week here, and first is rarely earlier than about 3 days.
    I'm still waiting on a load of stuff from eBay bought & dispatched on Monday and Tuesday, both second and first class stuff.
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2013 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Lets await the unofficial royal mail rep

Lets see what he comes out with as a reason. Will it be

- Royal Mail cuts
    - Theyre really busy
    - TNT Mails fault
    - Something that isn't royal mails fault.
  • couponqueen123
    Options
    round our way parcels are delivered by van and mail is delivered by the posties early (well by 10am) two different guys so maybe the parcel was at different depo/ sorting station as it wasnt meant for postie to deliver may be to hevy/bulky

the way the bell way rung is not nice and waking the kids is awful but imagine the stress there under if still delivering at that time be great full you got it and maybe pop a letter to the manager of the sorting office saying not to ring the bell at that time of nite just leave letter for you to collect next day at time that suits you if they can? or to inform them of a safe place if u have one and a letter/card through the door
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe you should leave a note on the door asking for people to not ring the bell, or disconnect it & get a plug in one that you can pull out when it;s not convenient for someone to ring it.
    The postie probably assumed you were in as there were lights on.
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    I wouldn't expect any company (without forewarning) to ring my doorbell after 6pm. I think that's just common courtesy.
    After 6pm is dinner time, kids bathtime/bedtime.
  • corbyboy
    corbyboy Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If your doorbell is loud enough to wake up your kids who are upstairs you really need to get a quieter one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure