🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Karma - your garden exploits put me to shame! And the part of the 4k challenge I'm at now, they're all planting out stuff. Part of me is inspired; then I just realise there's nowhere (yet) for it to go...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Karma - your garden exploits put me to shame! And the part of the 4k challenge I'm at now, they're all planting out stuff. Part of me is inspired; then I just realise there's nowhere (yet) for it to go...
    Awww .... apple, my garden has been like that for *so* many years - loving people's planting plans, and then thinking, but that plant is there, that one is there. Between the overplanting by a former owner who just didn't care as long as it looked good enough to be sold, to my own illness which let perennial *and* annual weeds get really well established, my current work on clearing up is so that I can finally, finally plant things in the normal planting season - I usually manage to plant one thing, in about September :o and worry about it all winter. You've got a family, garden comes a long way second/third/fourth!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    An easy day has been had.

Dropped dd to sch and then headed to bham. The train was rather delayed, so I have my photo of my tickets for delay-repay. Mum was ok - rather maudlin. Actually, she did rather a lot of sobbing. She feels bewildered, and doesn't really want to be around much longer.

Picked up some brand new h0tt3r black work shoes for £15 in a ch shop.. They were on my 'needs' list and very bargainaceous. I also got a dandy 2019 annual for £1 for dd. I always try to travel light when I come here - dodgy sho ulder, achey hands. And having offloaded a tin, a brooch and a vest to mum, I was noticing the difference. Then I bought the bits. Oops!

Popped over to see old friend but she was in bed, so have had several hours of my own quiet company. Can't believe it's not even 7 yet, I feel so tired! Tomorrow I shall just sleep - no alarm. Not going to see mum as a friend is taking her to the church coffee morning, so will simply travel back home.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad it felt easy, apple, but I'm not surprised you're so tired, it doesn't sound easy at all, with your mum sobbing to you :( It does sound like the cs finds perked you up, though, so I hope you're tucked up in bed now :) ahem, I've just realised the time. Gotta go!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Bargainous shoes :T x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I had turned out the light by 8.30pm and surfaced fully at 7.45am. Well needed, methinks.

As mum was due a visitor early on, I didn't go and see her this morning. And I was home by 1.30, having stopped at sainz to use the loo,and aldi for eggs, bacon, choc and milk - essentials in the apple household!

Dh and dd were still out at her dance lessons, so I did 200 reps of the 500 rep w/o, plus 5mins of 100 8K KB swings + 20 goblet squats + 14 clean and press. I hadn't felt like exercising, but am glad that I did .

I cut dd's hair this evening. She had a bob length cut and wanted a much shorter cut, so we did it in stages. First cut = good; shorter cut = not happy; even shorter cut = supremely happy. Phew. I'm really proud of it :D.

Dh ordered some swim goggles for him and me. He doesn't swim much but has been told by the eye consultant that any eye infection would be a very bad thing. And since I'm swimming weekly with dd and the chlorine level in the pool is waaay higher than I remember it being as a kid, then goggles are a good thing for me.

Looking forward to having a week off with dd. Dh will be going out to do some work, so we'll have plenty of mummy-daughter time. And on Mon, we'll be off to collect the goggles and have a cheap mooch around town.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haircut results sound fab, great work.

I'm missing my usually Sunday gym session as dh is working and the children don't want to go. Am paying membership for dd so really need to re-evaluate that.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wow good news of the haircut - phew!!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd has had plenty of compliments about her hair today!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Off to town with dd later.

Charity shops; the £ emporium; w1lk0 - looking for compost; t1ger; the w0rks + pr3t if we feel like it (and parking times allow). And maybe more ch shops en route home.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure