Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    :rotfl:karma - we only picked up her friend at 10!

A grand day has been had.

Dd was picked as the helper in a magic show on the southbank -and was given £5! She was awesome, if I do say so myself...

We lunched on the steps in Traf Square in the sunshine. Forgot to climb the lions, but made it to Ham1eys. Wow! Amazing shop, but soooo pricey. I gave the girls some money to spend, and dd split her £5 with her friend. Friend spent her money fine, but dd was overwhelmed by the choice available. And the prices :eek:. And ended up buying nothing. I snuck in a hufflepuff pin badge at the till, which cheered her up when I gave it to her later.

Got back to friend's house and there was no-one there! Finally got in touch, and took friend round to her g-parents, where we all managed to meet up.

As soon as we got home, friends from out the back called for her and out she went for a bit. In her own words : London is all fine and well, but nothing beats playing out with your friends. Gotta love her!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's so sweet! With the Hufflepuff badge and the friends out the back. Adorable :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Awww - sounds lovely :)

Is DD a Hufflepuff? :T I'm one :) (The others in the greent house are 2 x Ravenclaw, 1 x Slytherin and 1 x Gryffindor + 1 x unknown (DS3 has no interest)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is just the most adorable tale. What a delight she is.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Got myself up and ready to go for a run this morning, used the downstairs loo and came out to find dd there - wanting to come with me on her bike! So I changed my route plan, as where I was thinking of going was no way suitable for her bike. Kept it short and we were back home having gone just far enough. Then dd announced that she'd dropped her hat...so back we went. Fortunately it wasn't too far, but it added another .8m on, which I wasn't prepared for!

We then vegged out amd got round to watching the rest of Star Wars VIII. I thoroughly enjoyed getting the references to the originals (ie IV, V, VI) but think I need to see it several more times to fully understand it!

We spent the afternoon at a pottery cafe - yikes to the cost - with friends, which was lovely.

And were back in time to see most of the Eng-Wales match.

I've cancelled my physio appt on Mon as my shoulder is so much better. And after a session, it was taking 4+ days to recover, which seemed a bit much to me... Must keep doing the exercises. In fact, must keep exercising!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    yay - another run under my belt. Up the b i g hill from the counsellor's and along a bit. Just about 2 miles. Then a quick shop in Sainz - who needs red noses when you go as red in the face as i do!

I have a fairly long list for today, but have to collect dd in 20 mins to take her to the posh school for the afternoon. I want to do a couple of errands whilst out, so must get organised...

I was glad to finish yesterday as a tricky situation arose via an email on Sun pm. I managed to talk to the right person and fill them in on certain issues (not widely known ones, so they had no chance of knowing them until I said something). And the day ended in a more positive way than i t started.

We have agreed for dd to swap bedrooms over the summer. There is an awful lot to sort out before this is possible! She's not swapping with us, but she has the very small room and has requested the larger spare room., which is used as dh's office and has a large double futon for guests (don't get many of those!) and loads of gubbins. And I want to replace the carpet for her, so it would need to be totally empty... Oh my, I have to laugh at the consequences of what I have agreed to!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    She's going to need that larger room, you're right! And what are you going to call the posh school now that she's going to attend it, it can't be sort of "alien" to her any more :):):)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe we'll just call it 'school'?!

A busy day has been had. Much to-ing and fro-ing resulting in over 18k steps, 76 floors and about 8 miles. A run. A swim. Money paid into dd's savings. Shopping in sainz and aldee. A max of 25 mins at home at any one point until we got in from swimming, and had made and eaten tea.

And my fruity plants have arrived. Yay! Not unwrapped them yet -no time - so that's something to look forward to tomorrow. And as I can't remember what is in the package, it'll be a lovely surprise...
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That big package with the big discount? Wonderful! Have fun unpacking it :)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Had a good day at work. Caught up with a colleague about recent happenings. We only coincide for half a day each week and try to talk before sch as I have a break duty so we can't talk then. She's a lovely person and we both enjoy/need the nattering.

Had pretty enjoyable lessons, which is a good thing.

Had a chat with the dep head re some 'maybes' for next yr. I may have extra teaching. I may not. But I'll not have any less than this year. It's a boost to be asked to talk things over to try to find solutions, and to be able to be flexible in what I can offer.

Once home, I did indeed investigate my plant package. Oooh, nice! Have planted up the strawbs and 1 goosegog. Will defo need loads more compost - but I have a jar of £2 coins that I shall use for it. And we need to replace the side fence (not our responsibility but it is rented and the owner is utterly rubbish. The tenants now are lovely and won't mind us doing it) asap so I can have my 'fruit wall'. No point planting them if big-booted people are going to trample on them. So I need compost so that I can put them in pots for now - blueberrys came in tiny pots, but goosegogs and rasps are dryrooted. And then there's the seed packets to investigate...

Can't quite fathom how there's only 1 day of feb left. Will do a round up tomorrow - maybe - and look to March.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback