🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dd earned herself a maths certificate this morning, so she currently loves maths!

All the running around got done. Even took dd to local shops this afternoon/eve and we managed to coincide with the switching on of the lights and the arrival of santa. Result.

Got dd some gf/df coins and vegan 'choc' covered raisins for dd + niece in sainz. Come to think of it, sainz are 'aving a bit of a larf. 2 money-off-vouchers-through-the-post back, we had £3 off a £30 spend. The next lot were £3 or £4 off a £40 spend. The most recent ones are £7.50 off a £50 spend. See how they are trying to make us spend more...? Cheeky blighters. But we have seen through their charade and will not be drawn in. Cos we're not daft.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yey to the maths certificate! I’ve just been in school as ds1 not going to well in maths :(
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    We have an online programme that the school uses and we try to do it twice a week. It takes about 20mins and I usually sit with her/hover nearby. Fortunately dd is quite good atmaths, but she hates getting it wrong and that can cause great trial and tribulation and a loathing for the subject!

Dd is singing in her sch fair today, but I'll miss is as I have a table at a craft afternoon at church, which dd + dh will come along to afterwards. So we're having a chilled start to the day: breakfast in bed, all of us on our tablets!
  • michelle09
    Options
    Sounds like a great start, especially as cold as it is!

Hope the craft fair and school fair go well.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the craft fair is going well :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Sounds like a great start, especially as cold as it is!

Hope the craft fair and school fair go well.
    greent wrote: »
    Hope the craft fair is going well :) x

Thank you both x. Dd was reluctant at first to go to her fair and sing, but we all left the house together and she skipped along. She sped up when she saw the huge snowglobe! In the end, she had a great time and then came along to church and had a great time all over again. She had spending money,but came home with most of it. She made a clear bauble and bought some candy canes made into a reindeer head.

I bought a super cute blue cardi for gson - it has teddy buttons, a hood and ears. Dd's choice :D. I'm already looking at it and working out how I could make/ copy it.... :rotfl:

Had a lovely time myself with lots of lovely conversations with parents and kiddies. And I sold £61.50 of my stuff :D

We are home and to my delight, there is rugby on the box. Joy!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Apple. She is MATHEMAGIC! Tell her so!!!

Earthie, sad fact, some primary teachers don't like maths. This rubs off. You will have to teach him yourself (I had to teach DD1).
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    It has turned a tad chilly. Brrrr.

Our radio times delivery has started, so that was a treat to read. For all of 10mins then I got bored:rotfl:I know when there is rugby and strongman, and a few interesting bits on bbc4 to record.

Another good counsellor session. Did some running on the way home, but I know my knee did not like it - sigh. I am still doing my knee exercises and have increased the difficulty of them again. I've done them for 8 consecutive days now and will obviously have to continue them. I may try to add in some zuzkalight beginner stuff - non impact... Ponderations.
  • apple_muncher
    edited 30 November 2017 at 10:07PM
    Options
    Snow flurrieS today :j

Secret Santa allocations emailed out. Max spend £10. No chance !:rotfl:Got 2x red cyclamen and 1x pot of 3 purple hyacinth for £5 from the market this morning. 1 Cyclamen is for mum. The hyacinths were bought for a friend but I may get some more and use them for my Secret Santa. Will posh 'em up a bit of course!

Off to bham tomorrow. Estate Agent due at 2.30 to take photos so should be able to visit mum on my way to the house and then again at teatime. Also going the following weekend with dd for a flying visit.

Budgets are set - for once! 300 for food - a drop of 10% but no scrimping on dd's food. Includes at least £5 foodbank donation. Will also use my share of our 'found on the floor money' which is another £5. And if I don't get up to 25 items with that money (I'm on 8 so far) then I'll just use food money.

140 = presents, fairs, charity shops.

275 for travel incl 2x to mum's and 1x to big sis up norf and then further norf to see friend over from Spain. 75ishmay be reclaimable but will need paying out first.

185 for dd activities that need paying this month.

Add in my usual giving and I am paying out more than I have incoming. Whoops.

Therefore I must keep a careful eye on my bank account (it was down to £27 :eek: before I got paid this month) and keep up to date with noting receipts.

Only 6 working days. Am giving up that game on my tablet for at least the first 10 days. Would also like to do headspace for 10 days straight. And leg exercises. And...?!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A simple 3-train journey required 7 trains! Train A to B was cancelled so I went to C with a view to then hopping over to B. Except that train from C to B were also cancelled. I legged it to another train 15 platforms along and went to D where I was to change to get the train to B. Only I got it wrong and hopped on a trsin retrurning to C (both names have 'junction' in them, you see, and I got confuddle
    d). Having realised this I got a train back to D and it dawned on me that I'd missed the connection by15 mins for the train I had a seat on. As I got off my train at D and was meandering up the platform, expecting to have a 45 min wait, my original train slid in - it was running late - so I hopped on and went to E, arriving at the planned time. Ooph.

I saw mum, got to the house in time for the EA, signed the papers, popped in on a friend, and then we both went to see mum. The home have offered a different room (her one has heating issues) but I went to see it and a) it is on the second floor, but not via simpla stirs - lots of going round corners, b) there is no passing traffic - you'd only go past the room if you were going to it. So, mum's be very isolated up there, plus the dementia would mean she would get lost and confused. Where she is, on the ground floor, is perfect in many ways. So, we're not accepting the offer!

I slept very well indeed.

Saw mum briefly again this morning and started the trek home. It was the same journey home - trains cancelled - but without the going-the-wrong-way part. Still, I arrived home 90 mins later than planned. Sigh.

Then dd and I went out to the posh school's fair and spent some money.

And tomorrow we have a joint churches meeting at a location far, far away. And I am on kids klub and have to be there by 9.15am, which should mean leaving here before 8! Yikes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure