Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    1 bag dropped off at the Sally Army and 4 books for dd acquired with credit from bags.

Had a coffee with dh and chatted over a few ideas for Oz 18. One thing's for sure - it'll cost a pretty penny or two... We'll pay for it out of savings, so I can still keep paying down the mortgage in the meantime :D. Especially as it's an offset, so using our savings means we'll be paying interest again. Boo.

Paid 12.50 off the mortgage today as we aren't getting dd a sch photo.

ZWOW 3 done and dusted. Did it bodyweight only, and did it very carefully. Thus far, I can still walk...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • michelle09
    Options
    Ouch on the knee - is it an ongoing problem?

Oz 18 sounds exciting, sometimes you need to have fun. :)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Jusst back from a fantastic bonfire. I adore bonfires. And I had a good catch up with some old friends too. Dd had a whale of a time and we all had a lift most of the way home which saved us 30mins of walking in the dark. Still made it to 12+K steps - for the first time in aaages.

A spendy day has been had. We bought things to fill up the shoe boxes. I bought dd a half-price water bottle from sm1ggle - how do they get away with charging so much?!? And H&B had a gf/df advent calendar for £4.

I have sewn up about a dozen bunny arms - all in the name of procrastination, as I have 2 items/projects that I really must complete (heck, starting would be a good thing too...) before the 17th
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Ouch on the knee - is it an ongoing problem?

Oz 18 sounds exciting, sometimes you need to have fun. :)

My right knee has always been dodgy, but it's been rather worse recently, so I'm tying to be kind to it...

Oz 18 is happening because step ds is getting wed out there and we'll also get to spend time with step dd2 who lives out there, and step dd1 who'll be travelling over from Canada along with gson. A big family get-together :j
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Talking to a colleague from an independent school yesterday and I am pretty sure you know this since you teach in one I think, but if you go that route negotiate negotiate negotiate.

There are (apparently) huge discounts to be had.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you small - we'd not be looking for a discount; we'd want/need a freebie!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just had a quick chat with dh about money stuff as he is off out to meet an investor chappie to discuss investor-type matters.

What cropped up was this comment: ''I'd like to be able to retire in 5 years' time (when his state and work pensions kick in). In fact, I'd like us both to be able to retire in 5 years' time.'' Suits me! I have 10+ years until my teacher pension kicks in and aeons until my state pittance.

I realise that I am already living a life that others might long for - part time, paid enough, school holidays so plenty of time with my lovely dd, a dh who works from home so I get lots of time with him too. And I am trying to ensure that I appreciate all the blessings that I have now, and not be hankering after some future time/event that will bring joy and contentment.

I read a comment the other day that has given me pause for thought: One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now. I am super aware of the 'relevance' of this for mum who, 18 months ago was living independently (ish - the cracks were starting to show, but were clearest with hindsight), and now is in a care home. How her world has shrunk.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    So, we are already one third of the way through November. How did that happen!?

Looks like it'll be a running around day. Dd to school; aldee for walking boots and milk; get dd to take to posh school; scoff a quick lunch; return dd to school; collect dd at end of day; also: phone a friend; email estate agent; work on bunting; and robin doorstop.

Dh is out all day and I would dearly love to have a stay-at-home-with-the-telly-on day. That'll have to wait for next Friday now.

Up and at 'em...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    It was a 16,000 step running around day. Got my walking boots from aldee, so I should not get soggy feet anymore. Result.

Loved the school, as did dd. Lots to think about.

Dh was out from 8.35 until 7.20. Ooph.

Lovely friend is driving me up to bham tomorrow and we shall coincide with big sis. Yay! Big sis mentioned that she has a few cmas presents for us (sooo organised!) So, not to be outdone :D, I have wrapped a couple for her and BIL that I already had. We can also chat about what to get mum - prob clothing and toiletries, as her clothes are rather tatty now and she'll always use the toiletries.

Big sis was due to go home tomorrow pm but is now staying until Sun. Yay!

Another lovely friend, who has housed/garaged some stuff we brought out of dad's house but didn't want to put in mum's house while she was still there, is indeed around tomorrow and we hope to go and relieve her of it. It is the one Sat in months that she is free. :j
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    On the topic of time, Tim Urban has it right in his Ted talk on procrastination.

It is generally funny and lighthearted but it does mention that the most heartbreaking kind of procrastination is the kind with no deadline.

I always think of you as younger, you have a young writing "voice".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback