Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Woke up to plenty of rain! very glad we did what we did in the garden yesterday.

Yes, EG, the super posh school visit is looking ofr dd. We'd need a FULL bursary, mind, as we don't even earn enough to pay one year's fees!

Today I emptied out all my makes onto the lounge rug. The pile was high! Even I was surprised - I am obviously storing them all more economically, space-wise, so had no idea. Three events to attend, all about 1 week apart from the previous one.

We have finally come up with a name for me that I like and am more than happy to use. So I need to think about my design, font .... Yikes - this scares me in to immobility.

Did a ZWOW this morning. I'd been toying with doing shred again, or another J Michaels one, but I do so enjoy the Zuzka Light ones. So I chose ZWOW #1. Supposed to do 3 rounds, I managed to do 2 in 25 mins, and called it a day! This is one round:

10 dive bomber, 5 full burpee, 40 BW squat with side leg lift, 5 full burpee, 20 side plank llift, 5 full burpee, 20 pistol squat, 5 full burpee.

This month, I have been washing soo much laundry. I offered to empty the overflowing lost property box at dd's school and take it to the ch shop. Little realising that there were at least 12 loads in there! I have been able to bless some friends with stuff for their kids and I took a coat + 2x joggers to give to a family at church today - turns out that their dd is in real need of a coat!

Dd is back at school tomorrow and dh is going out fairly early, so I'll have time and space all to myself. A luxury. Mind you, I have a list-and-a-half of things I'd like to get done...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    What about a bonfire in a metal bin? eta for the garden waste not the lost property.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I seriously underestimated the time I would need to spend on getting some sch prep done today. Oops.

I have had a cull on trousers and binned 4 pairs, put 3 pairs in the ch shop bag, put many in a box to shrink into (as opposed to dd's grow into box), hung my 2 functioning pairs of work trousers up and have 3 pairs that need shortening. I have probably kept far too many pairs but will try them on again in a month or so.

A friend who has been happy to have some sch uniform bits has offered to take our garden waste to the tip tomorrow, as she is going there anyway. Result. Tho we are still on the lookout for a metal bin thing to burn stuff in.

I had an enjoyable wander to and from aldee for fruit and veg. And chocolate. But I got the wrong 85% chocolate! Who would have thought that it was such a popular bar to need 2 sorts, eh? It is a smaller size and slighty cheaper per 100g, but it just doesn't taste the same. Nevertheless, I will obviously make an effort to consume it all rather than waste it...

8 veg and 2 fruit eaten today. And a pack of crisps. And a peanut butter sandwich. That's much better than previous days.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just in from a run. Go me. And an NSD too. Done some school work. And bunny stuff. And laundry. And a smidgen of tidying - I know my limits...
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Busy beeeeeeeeeee!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is dd off to high school next year or the year after? My dd is year 4 and I've worried about secondary schools since she was about 6!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    We have another year to ponder it all Cath. I think there are 2 more schools I want to see, and dd'll have to come along too seeing as it's all about the next 5/7 years for her. Then it's the secondary school lottery...
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm really keen for dd to go a high school with a 6th form. We're very limited with local choices so it's hoping she gets in to the one we really want. My dd is a year behind yours so we'd be looking at schools next year. dd often asks where she will be going, I wish I knew!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    My hearing test shows no abnormalities :j

Spent just over £9 in icyland, so on track to get my free fiver... Just 3x £9 more to go... And I only buy things we get from there anyway.

Spent about £12 in aldee on things for our two love-in-a-box boxes. Worth every single penny.

Yesterday's run has made my bad knee even badder - I have to go down the stairs one at a time :eek:. So ZWOW 3 is on hold.

Took up 4 pairs of trousers - the joy of wonderweb! And did a load of ironing.

Hung up the two fleece door curtains. Will pin the other fleeces to the lounge curtains tomorrow.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Is dd off to high school next year or the year after? My dd is year 4 and I've worried about secondary schools since she was about 6!

My youngest is in Y4 (the others are Y7, y13 and uni-y2) - our local comp (<1 mile away) is amongst the county's worst 10 performing schools last time I checked. Student attitudes can be appalling (and staff can be very rude about the students) Current head is great and has been making vast improvements but it's a huge school - and only goes up to Y11. (However, in Glos we are very lucky to have 7 grammar schools (I'm a fan of selective education) and the first 3 have each gone to/ currently go to a grammar (3 different ones) - all of which have VIth forms). It's hard being a parent!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure