Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I don't know whether you 'do' choc advent calendar for DD, but I saw a gf/ df one in Tesc0 yesterday. And gf/df choc coins too (mine always have coins in the toe of their stockings :))

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you. We found a gf and df one in Holl and B a few weeks ago. It was only £3.99 and made dd sooo happy. Our sainz has provided a moo free selection box of 5? bars. Think they do gf/df coins too. I've bought dd some aldee mint choc as it is only a 'may contain' for milk, which is ok. And we've realised that some mint thin thingies in the cupboard are also fine.

Feeling the need to mention that I do read all food labels, not just the chocolate wrappers :rotfl:.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Poor dd has been throwing up. Firstly on the bedroom rug; secondly on her duvet which was on our bed, so our bottom sheet snd blanket too; thirdly in a bowl. She is exhausted, poor mite. Dh has gone to the spare room so we have the more comfy bed, bless him. Dd fell asleep almost immediately her head hit the pillow.

It may be a bug. It may also be smart1es. Yes, smarties. They used to contain wheat flour so were a no-no. This pack's ingredients had rice flour. And milk, but milk has not (yet) caused her to throw up. So I shall be having another check of the pack in the morning...

She is definitely off school tomorrow, prob for 2 days - must check the sch policy.

An unexpected end to a very emotional day. Listened to a podcast that made me sob on the way to work. I was walking along in the rain, and it wasn't busy, so I wasn't seen. Then again at work, talking about a particular pupil's situation.

Off to join dd in the land of nod. May just make it before 10...
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    God bless Apple. Hope she is better soon. X
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oh small, you are still waking up so early!

Thank you - she slept through unil 8.45 and is much perkier. She slept better than me as I was on ege about her throwing up again, or the duvet fallin off...

Toay willbe a relaxing day. May do some much-needed tidying. And definitly doing plenty of washing...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Plenty of washing has been done - just need to get it dry now. I sorted through and tidied up all my felt, and then my wool. I have 3 carrier bags of wool that can go!

Dd tidied her bedroom - liberating 3 long oblong boxes that were being used as shelves, and making room for her dolls' house to go under her bed. She had a geat time playing whilst she did it. And it is good to have a little more floor space downstairs too.

She is staying off tomorrow too, so dh will have sole responsibility.

Whilst gathering together all my wool from various corners and bags, I discovered 4 pairs of mittens that just need finishing off with snowman hats, eyes, noses and scarves. So that gives me something to be getting on with.

Had a good chat with big sis. She'd made a phone call that put our minds at rest over a couple of matters. A lovely friend is thinking of taking mum back to their house on cmas day for a cup of tea and mince pie - they know mum couldn't cope with a meal. How lovely are they?!?!

Nuff wittering.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd woke up and announced that her tummy was hurting - because she was so hungry. Result.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    One guilt-ridden mother here. I re-read the smart1es pack for what must have been the 5th or 6th time, and I finally found the wheat flour. Not very bold. Next to a MUCH bolder word. Am so cross with myself that I did this to dd.

She is fully better and will go to sch tomorrow.

Have had my 13th NSD of the month, have done headspace 9 times and have done my knee exercises for 3 /3 days - only started them v v recently.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oooh, the strongman time of the year is upon us. Thanks to fmess for alerting me! Happy times. Dd still plans to enter when she's older - disguised as a bloke.

Over 16k steps today.

Am toying with the idea of doing a charity half around April... I used to run -about 2 decades ago I did a half in 1h40m11s (those 11 secs are v important!). But I am now 2 decades older and much heavier and not running much at all. So I need to think seriously and sensibly before committing....

I seriously underdressed for the weather today - just wore a short-sleeved blouse and my waterproof. Shows how mild it is that brisk walking warmed me up both ways and I only got cold on the last half mile. I came home and changed into jeans + a ls tee shirt + warm hoodie + puffa coat before going to collect dd!

Ooh, just discovered more strongman :j. On spike.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    An out-and-about day is planned. Go on direction to drop off bags at the sally army and look for a cmas jumper; go the other way to do an icyland shop, a sainz shop and a food bank deposit.

Home and food spends need updating (for the whole month!); expenses need sorting out; present-buying on the studio site needs doing, now that dsd has given us some ideas.

Anyhow,before all that, dd needs to eat, dress and do some maths!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback