Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We went to p1zza xpress today, using out tesc0 vouchers. Dd thoroughly enjoyed it all, which was the objective. Dh and I agree that a £50 meal really should taste better, be nicer, etc. Does that sound very scrooge-like??!! But given that the tesc0 vouchers are effectively free, and they can be used 4x in p.e., then we shouldn't complain...

A quick trot round the ch shops got a few items - trousers, book, 2 dvds, barbie doll-size bike for dd, and a waterproof bag to use for work for me.

Did a davina cardio box workout, which was thoroughly enjoyable, while dd played out.

Dh is out tonight so I have control of the remote (if dd lets me :rotfl:)
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We went to p1zza xpress today, using out tesc0 vouchers. Dd thoroughly enjoyed it all, which was the objective. Dh and I agree that a £50 meal really should taste better, be nicer, etc. Does that sound very scrooge-like??!! But given that the tesc0 vouchers are effectively free, and they can be used 4x in p.e., then we shouldn't complain...
    I often think this about some of the chain places too
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing amazingly well in every area. It takes a special effort to be so productive and affective in lots of areas, especially with the emotional things that are going on - very inspirational.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A quiet day here in apple world.

Dh left at 7.30 to go and sort someone's pc. Dd and I pottered around, went to the park, did some crafting, and then went on a bus adventure to meet up with her friend's mum who was picking her up to take her to play. They seem to live quite a bit further on from where we met, so I'm very grateful we were able to coincide. It was a mystery bus ride and took us out of the oyster zone so I had to pay. With real money. Gosh!

And the aforementioned mum is bringing her home at some point tonight. So I am in my jamas. However, it is very, very odd not to have her around.

Some bunny bits have been sewn and now need turning and stuffing. It takes longer to do a reconditioned one, using old parts from previous dismembering endeavours, than to make one from scratch, as it involves stitch ripping, destuffing, repinning... Ah, but the resulting whole, colourful bunnies will be worth it. The fair is on March 29th, so I currently have oodles of time to make them...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    36 bunny limbs turned and stuffed today, and many of them were sewn too.

Dh has had a feeble weebil day, and dd is teetering on the edge of feeble too. So I made myself some oat raisin cookies to scoff. Mine, all mine!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Well, we all skipped church. Dh wasn't really well enough, and dd and I trekked in to town to sort out her glasses, as they have been uncomfortable on her nose for a while.

This afternoon I went for a short run sround the block, with dd on her scooter to accompany me. I gave her a push for some sections and she commented how much better my running was, as I hadn't been able to push her and run the last time we went out. Tis nice to be complimented!

I gave mum a quick call. She has no memory of my visit to her, or that I know her friends. So we didn't talk about that, just about dd's glasses and the spring flowers. We have snowdrops fully out, along with some croci and the daffsare budding. How mixed up is that? By the way, I know it is mixed up, as every year we were at home, we had to count the croci in dad's front garden ona Sunday when we came back from church. (Probably to give mum time to get the lunch ready!) There were thousands of them :rotfl:! And we never lied about the number, we just counted them dutifully.

My head has given me two days of leave of absence which I am grateful for. One is to take dd for a deeper eye check, and by the time I get to work that day, it would be time for me to leave, to go and collect her from school. The other is to give my sister another break, so that she can go home and have her own hospital visit, plus her dd's annual consultant visit. We can't leave mum on her own, nor have anyone else there overnight, so I get to go. By having that one day, I can go for 5 days.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Week 8/12

Health: a week off work is always good for my health! It took me a few days to recover from mum's, but being at home was absolutely lovely. Got 1 run and 1 workout done, but ate very badly - yet again - so I have more squidge now. Wrote to the planning dept re 'garden grabbing' to try to sound them out re dad's house. Have made curried parsnip, carrot and apple thick soup for this week's lunches.

Wealth: we are spending extra in sainz, as we have some £3 off £30 vouchers, but we have to make an effort to reach the £30 mark! 1 voucher left, and 1 visit to a big sainz planned for next week, to get stuff from their much larger gf range. Still doing the usual shop in aldee. Probably about £20 spent in charity shops on dd over half term. Cinema trip for free; p1zza xpress for just £15. I still need to sign up for the savings account...

A life well-lived: once again, I've said much of what would go in here in the 2 sections above. It is all intertwined. Tomorrow's return to work should herald many more steps being stepped. I think I am up to date with documents needed for work, and plans for the coming half term, which is good for my head. Dd is not wanting to go back to school. We had tears last night and I'm expecting more tonight. Selfishly, I'm grateful that I'll be out of the door by 6.30, before she awakes, so won't have to deal with the morning reticence...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Another day, another dollar. Before the half term break, I was walking for 20 mins to the bus stop in the dark. All of a sudden, it is nearly daytime! (Or as much as it can be at 6.30am in Feb.)

Had a possibly very exciting email from big sis, as a cash buyer has offered a very good amount for the house. Only possibly because he needs to sell another property first, but the estate agent reckons that he will have done that within a week. Very exciting because it is 50K more than the other chappie offered. Mum is planning to go to East Africa with the money...

No money spent today, and 12k steps done.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    OOoh - fingers crossed re the house sale :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    OOoh - fingers crossed re the house sale :) xx

Everything is sooooo crossed that walking is rather tricky!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback