Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Itt's not blethering - they all sound like great ideas. For the first time I think I am going to do it and give up alchohol. I also sometimes need the clarity of writing everything down.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Go earthgirl! As one who is not an alcohol aficionado (heck, I even grimace at the sip of red wine we have at communion at church!) but who has other 'vices', they are darned tricky to shake off.

Watty - will you join me on giving up games?

Lent is supposed to be a time of reflection and, in my opinion, doing things (or not doing things) that do your soul some good. I hope to simplify life - again - and unitask instead of trying to do several things at the same time.

However, life still goes on - work, family, house stuff. And 2 visits to mum's coming up. One is fri-sun; the other weds - sun. Therefore, looking back / forwards on a weekly basis will also be useful for planning ahead and adapting where necessary, or for seeing how the previous week went. And with multiple strands going on, there should always be some progress somewhere!

Today, I enjoyed the rugby I watched. Dd took the opportunity at half time during the first match to throw up copiously over the lounge rug and floor. Thank heavens we have laminate! I got her upstairs and bathed her while dh had the nasty cleaning up job. She has not thrown up since, and has even eaten a normal amount of food for tea, but spread out over time. No way will she be going to kids klub tomorrow! She will, however, be going to aldee as we are completely out of butter :eek:, and a good shop for veg will help set me up for my Lenten Plan.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ah - hope DD is ok now? x There's a nasty sickness bug going around here - thought DS2 had it when he was sick on Fri night (I slept through it all - OH dealt with it!) but he's been fine since

Lent.... I'm always rubbish (my birthday falls in Lent - as does Mothering Sunday, so alcohol and choc are a given...) - I'm going for improving rather than giving up - exercise 5x/ week and daily average of 10k steps. And less online time - undecided how to measure this as yet

Meh to broken boilers - but - as you said - better now rather than before

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The asbestos roof that came off thanks to Doris will be safely removed in the next few days. Lovely friend will supervise for us.

A mild start to the day, and it just got colder, wetter and windier! I am grateful that the afternoon rain only started when I was nearly home.

Dd seems fully recovered, phew.

Lenten plans seems to be crystalizing into no x, more y, some z.

That reminds me, I need to do my review of last week - back soon...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Week 9/12

Health: only 1 run this week - I possibly overdid it last Tues; slight improvements in eating habits; council said we would need to put in a pre-planning letter to find out re the garden grabbing, but house is SSTC :j without us needing to do that. Kept well when dd had her vomit moment, and haven't caught the cold that dh had for a while.

Wealth: tried the new cafe - yikes to the prices! We went as minimal as we could and it was still £16. And we all needed another lunch when we got home as we were still hungry! Have qualified for an icyland free £5. Many spendy days this last week - unusually so. Experimentednwith using a debit card for buses (it caps at £21.40 for the week, as opposed to £4.50 a day with oyster cards), but was nowhere near the limit to benefit from it. Still, it was worth a go.

A life well lived: crafting is coming along; reading, quiet times, morning stretches all happening; planning for March is getting finalised; counselling continues.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Lent is here :wave:

A spendy day. Dh and I went to town to visit the big sainz and wander round the shops. Dd tasked me with finding an Alice in Wonderland present for saturday. Eek. Umpteen shops later, we arrived at primarni where I was mightily relieved to find some A in W kids jamas. Phew.

I shall be making an alice-style dress for a bui1dabear bear, as designed by dd, as a present too. And I offered to make some jam tarts and biscuits for everyone so that dd can eat what they eat. The tarts worked out well but the biscuits just spread, so I used a different recipe and was glad that they kept their shape. Job done. (Though dd wants the bicuits to look more cheshire cat-like...So, more thought required there.)

The sainz shop yielded some gf goodies and we discovered that their own white bread is cheaper per 100g than the genius brand. So we shall probably shift brand.

Got in over 12k steps.

Ate fairly well.

Still need to do some reading...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The taxman has decided that I am owed £152. I thought there would just be another adjustment to my tax, but no! He has sent me a lovely cheque. Now to find a branch of my bank that is still open...

No sugar thus far today; plenty of ffresh air and steps; headpace done on the bus as I got dh to put the app on my phone.

Saw my counsellor today, which was good as I'm a little wobbly.

Friend came in to work whilst on mat leave - so lovely to see her. Baby was with gma, so grown up chat was had.

Dd is all worn out from taekwondo - she came home and had tea straight away, then came upstairs with me while I phoned mum. She has been snuggled under a blanket next to me on the bed for a good while now. Most unusual.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today the DVLA gave me £48 car tax refund. Nice. So a total of £200 extra to pay off the mortgage.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A pottering day. Some shopping bits acquired; more library books; no visit to charity shops; a workout done (20 secs jump lunge + 10 secs rest + 20 secs high knees + 10 secs rest + 20 secs jump squat + 40 secs rest. Eight times through = jelly legs!); made an Alice in Wland dress plus apron for a bui1dabear that all meets with dd's approval; sorted dd's clothes for her party; finished 5 bunnies; did a whites wash; called mum; sorted out a solicitor to get certified copies of dad's will done.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope DD is ok. Getting loads done apple! That work out sounds hard core. I do a few lunges when I remember. Highly ineffective!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure