Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    Apple you are doing an IMMENSE job at the hardest of times. Have you got some good things lined up for you when you are home? xxx

Thank yousmall for posting - it means a lot (and you nearly mademe cry, which I know wasn't your intention!) I feel bad that I find it hard, as big sis is here all the time, I just 'visit'.

Yes, we have some good things planned: trolls movie (using a voucher given us for Cmas) - we gave dd the choice of trolls or moana and she opted for trolls (£17 cheaper, but we only told her that sfterwards); lunch at P1zza xpress using quadrupled up tesc0 points; dd is spending an afternoon with a friend who has a swimming pool in their house (the sort of friend you like your child to have, no?!). Basically, family time (apart from the friend time, of course). And since there is no dance on sat, we may trundle to some charity shops.

Tomorrow I must make mum a dentist appt as a lot of a back tooth has broken off. No pain fortunately, until she thinks about it, when it becomes 'throbbing'. Also need - yes, need - to go for a run.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,757 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Week 7/12

Health: mental health is taking a bit of a bashing, being with mum, but is only temporary; physical health - 2 runs done, lots of walking; feet and hands less achey; managed mostly more veg until I came here; have eaten too much while here - where did my self-control go, hey?

Wealth: not much change here - still have my job and dh is working on stuff that also brings in a little; dh has opened a savings account with FD and I need to do the same (still); I have done the paperwork to work for the exam board for about 6/7 weeks in May/June; free bread tor dd.

A life well-lived: the mindlessness of that game has been very useful in the last few days (!); some headspace done; quiet times and morning stretches done daily; a couple of crafting tasks finished off and cardigan knitting has progressed.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Having set my alarm for 6.45, I had to get up before that as mum was up and about. Eek. She has to take a liquid medicine on a monday AND NOWT ELSE except water for 30 mins after, and not lie down. Thank heavens she took it and it tasted okay - looked as sunset yellow as the colouring on the ingredients list.

And given that her radio was on (quite loud) past midnight, we shall both struggle today!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Apple you are doing an IMMENSE job at the hardest of times. ? xxx

^^^^^
    What shs said

We're always here when you need to vent at any time, apple

Half term (once home) sounds lovely. xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Absolutely vent here. Its tough times you are dealing with. No judgement for not finding it hard - because - simply - it is hard.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    What shs said

We're always here when you need to vent at any time, apple

Half term (once home) sounds lovely. xx
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Absolutely vent here. Its tough times you are dealing with. No judgement for not finding it hard - because - simply - it is hard.

Thank you, you lovely people xx

I got my run done today in some lovely sunshine - 22 mins - an out and back one.

I think the day was not as bad as I'd expected. Phew. A much calmer mum who did do some sitting still. But now she knows that big sis is back tomorrow, then she persists in asking what time. I know no more than 'late afternoon' but that has sufficed.

Tomorrow we shall - hopefully - get up much later than today! Church has a lunch from 12 noon which we'll prob go to. But they are sooo not clued up about gluten-free and just look like scared rabbits when I mention it. So I shall take along some safe food of my own. (When we had the food after dad's funeral, they did do gluten-free rolls. With breaded ham in them. Sigh)

I am really looking forward to seeing dh and dd, and going home.:D
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Ugh. Radio on past midnight again. Heating blasting out at 4.45am, soI snuck down and turned the thermostat down. Then the hot water seemed to kick in - must look at the timings there. And mum has been noisily thumping about the place since 5. I know I must have dozed, as my alarm woke me at 7.15, but my head is complaining at the lack of continuous sleep recently.

Time to gee myself up and face the day...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tis so good to be home. Really good.

Got a full 9 hours of solid sleep.

I'd thoroughly recommend the Trolls movie. It was excellent, with lots of boogie-style disco music. :dance::dance::dance:And it cost us nowt! We used a cmas voucher and took a bagful of drinks and snacks.

NoW for an afternoon watching the recorded rugby, which I am determined to enjoy, despite knowing most of the scores.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got my run done today in some lovely sunshine - 22 mins - an
    Tomorrow we shall - hopefully - get up much later than today! Church has a lunch from 12 noon which we'll prob go to. But they are sooo not clued up about gluten-free and just look like scared rabbits when I mention it. So I shall take along some safe food of my own. (When we had the food after dad's funeral, they did do gluten-free rolls. With breaded ham in them. Sigh)

Sorry but that did make me laugh
    And am currently gluten free so I do know how tough it is. Was surprised to see the chips I had just eaten had wheat in yesterday. I mean chips???Why ???
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Sorry but that did make me laugh
    And am currently gluten free so I do know how tough it is. Was surprised to see the chips I had just eaten had wheat in yesterday. I mean chips???Why ???

Am not surprised! Many chips Also have dextrose in their ingredients list. Sugar!!! In chips!!

But you do get to the point where you know which products are safe to eat (but if they change the packaging, then re-check the ingredients, as a new look often equals new ingredients) and I can shop for me just in aldee .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback