Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Snding healing vibes for dd, and yourself. Take care.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you for leaving me messages. Always much appreciated.

I have another month off. A calendar month. Phew. And a suggestion to try Headspace.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Hi Apple,

I have just come out of hibernation and popped into see how you were.
    I have just caught up on some of your recent posts and I am so sorry things are so tough for you right now.

Having been in a similar situation to you not long ago, I understand your exhaustion and feelings of worry that you are letting people down etc, I literally didn't know what to do first or who to be with. It sounds to me as if you are doing a stirling job , given everything . You need to look after yourself and your lovely DD.
    Sending virtual hugs your way xxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Headspace looks good - I am going to suggest it to OH that we both have a look at the free bits. Have also seen that there are regularly 25% off codes to be found on t'net

Be gentle with yourself xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Lovely to see you, Pinot. Hope the gorgeous dd's are well and prospering.

Headspace will be looked into tomorrow when dd is back at school.

Eat 9/10
    Move 6/10
    Play 9/10
    Brain 7/10
    Sunlight 8/10
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Here's a Turbulence Training quote:

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." – Epicurus ... Make a list of what matters and what doesn't. Cut the fluff from your life. Be grateful for what you have. Work towards what you need. Concentrate on what counts.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Great quote - and something that really strikes home for me right now!

Sending you lots of healing hugs, Apple xx
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I need to copy out that quote and do what it says!

Dd gave me another panic today. She uses her bouncy hopper to stand on, to reach the pull-up bar. She then kicks it away and hangs, does pull ups, hangs by 1 arm... then drops down. Except today the bouncy hopper had rolled back so when she let go of the bar, her feet caught it and it rolled forwards, so she bounced off it backwards and landed on her head with a right thump. Thank heavens it was simply a very nasty bump and ibuprofen and ice have sorted it. However, she is allowed to sleep with me just for tonight, and dh has relegated himself to the futon, bless him.

Today I am grateful for my lovely dentist, for the warm sunshine, for frequent buses, for a child that bounces, for an unexpecte phone call from old neighbours of dad's.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A good walk today, along and through and up in the woods, ending up in Sbux for one of their £1 coffees, where I finished 3 cmas tree hanging decs, read a little Contented Dementia and wrote some more in my paper diary/notebook. A quick look in m+s at their pitiful gf range, a few items from sav3rs and a few v cheap ch shop buys as Cmas is coming! Then the bus home. And a total step count over 16k - not quite a la MWC as I couldn't do it every day, but a good attempt.

We reckon we do not need a solicitor for the poa. The govt website is really clear and helpful (unlike the solicitors when I rang them) and we already have poa and can use it, just need to do a few forms and then register it. Gor! I could have had this done several weeks ago...

Tomorrow is a chilling out at home day (after shopping as dd wants to bake with me at the weekend so we need df spready stuff and flour), probably sewing as I might have bought some gorgeous fabric that is just perfect for making bags and bunting...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Another TT quote - a sobering one to ponder.

Figure out how much quality time you have left in your life. How long do you have until your kids or grandkids get 'too old’ or ‘too cool’ for you? It will happen. Time disappears faster than ice cream at a birthday party, so focus on what matters and use your time wisely. When you're working, work like the Dickens on valuable work, and when you're done, end the day and get on your way. Go home to what matters and concentrate on what counts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback