🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

In this situation would you have said something (as I did) or keep quiet?

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• neverdespairgirl
    Options
    This thread's been highly unusual in one way - the almost complete unanimity that the OP was in the wrong, ranging from thinking he was mildly in the wrong, to bang out of order. Rare agreement!
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • Tyler_Du
    Options
    It seems that whatever I say or do I'm in the wrong, I said that I apologized to them both "to be on the safe side" meaning that even though my cousin said she was ok with everything, I apologised to her also in case she was saying that. The post(s) that I was referring to as trolling were some in which I was told to "grow some balls", was called a coward and was told I'd be onto a hiding (or something).
    The forum rules and even the banner at the top of the thread say "Be nice to all MoneySavers" these are hardly nice things to say are they?

I've apologized to those people that matter and thanked the contributors to the thread, I shall not be posting on this thread further.
  • paulineb_2
    paulineb_2 Posts: 6,489 Forumite
    Options
    Snorts at borderline trolling.
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The thing is, an apology is never genuine if you only do it "in case the person was only saying they were fine".

An apology is real when you MEAN it - if you truly believe what you did was wrong and say sorry for it. No matter what the other person say they felt about your wrong-doing - that doesn't even matter. Unless your apology was genuine, it's not valid.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    It seems that whatever I say or do I'm in the wrong, I said that I apologized to them both "to be on the safe side" meaning that even though my cousin said she was ok with everything, I apologised to her also in case she was saying that. The post(s) that I was referring to as trolling were some in which I was told to "grow some balls", was called a coward and was told I'd be onto a hiding (or something).
    The forum rules and even the banner at the top of the thread say "Be nice to all MoneySavers" these are hardly nice things to say are they?

I've apologized to those people that matter and thanked the contributors to the thread, I shall not be posting on this thread further.

I think you will find we have been nice. What has not been nice for you is that many many posters have all come on and agreed that you over reacted and it was something of nothing and should have never happened in the first place, it is difficult to see you were in the wrong in print but there is no need to over react again and say that there were trolls, best to learn and move on:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport