My Debt Diary, the ramblings of JCD

Comments

• JCD_Capulet
    JCD_Capulet Posts: 1,441
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks hon. I just signed into the service and recorded my greeting, I'm laughing like a mad woman! When I replayed it back to myself I sound like a t@rt! HAHAHA Och, a day in the life of an 'actress' :rotfl:
    Debt free since 2014 - now saving for a mortgage deposit :heart2:
    This time I'm on top of it! We live and learn :coffee:
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    So I've done a little math.

It will take me 160 hours to repay my rent debt, gas and electric. The electric is a priority, if I don't clear my debt with them before the 7th August, they're comming to my house to fit a payment card thing. I'd much rather stick with bills now that I'm learning to handle them properly.

First bills to be dealt with
    Rent - £504.96
    Gas - £140
    Electric - £279.45
    £928.41

Earnings
    £6 ph
    x 160 hrs
    £960

I've made this calculation based on being paid the lowest call charge and on the basis that I manage 5.25 hrs a day over thirty days.

Lets see how it goes :)
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    Oh My LORD!!
    logged in to take my first call, and the language that came out of this chap! I thought I was a woman of the world, but I damn near fell off my chair and had my socks blown off!

I guess it's only going to get easier :rotfl:
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    You are brave! I hope you find the calls funny rather than disturbing. The baseball cap is a brilliant idea - whatever strange conversations you have to have, you leave them behind when you take the cap off.

Will you get the £6/hour as cash or is there any danger it will be taxed and you will end up getting less?
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    Seaxwyn wrote: »
    You are brave! I hope you find the calls funny rather than disturbing. The baseball cap is a brilliant idea - whatever strange conversations you have to have, you leave them behind when you take the cap off.

Will you get the £6/hour as cash or is there any danger it will be taxed and you will end up getting less?

I'll end up getting less in the long run, my tax and insurance are mine to sort out.

Im still laughing at that call!
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    Right, I'm now just over £12 up for tonight so far, I think I'm going to do another couple of hours to bring it up over £24 then I'll catch some sleep.

Hypno, don't batter me, but it looks like I'm moving to nightshift...that's where the money is *ducks*
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you have to re-arrange your body clock to account for night working then that is fine - a different matter altogether!

What was happening before is that you just weren't getting any sleep - not healthy!

Well, the first night is out of the way, and if you got £24 out of it then that is pretty good. I hope you are able to do this enough to get you out of the hole. All respect to you - I am too much of a prude to be able to do this :o Wouldn't even know what they were talking about :rotfl:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Hello Joanne, how are you doing?

I hope the work's going well. I really admire your attitude, as I'm sure that work could be quite depressing at times. I hope it isn't getting to you. Think of the money!
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• maz123_2
    maz123_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    hello dear sorry your having a rough time.
    sorry if others have already suggested it but i do alot of mystery shopping and i really enjoy it now!
    i use retaileyes.co.uk and grassroots i find i can top my money up by about £50 per month - not much but better than nothing.
    It also gets you out of the house a bit.
    colleges are now trying to persuade us all to join have a think about attendind into courses its a great way of meeting people as well

Keep well
    P.s. in debt for about £11000 :eek:
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    JCD, hope you are ok. Pop on and let us know how you are getting on x
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure