My Debt Diary, the ramblings of JCD

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    oh hun you have to look after yourself, you will be no use to anyone if you are driving yourself into the ground :(
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • JCD_Capulet
    JCD_Capulet Posts: 1,441
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Och I know, Lynz. It's really silly but it's one of thoose viscious circle things.
    Out of work-terminal boredom-farting around online-no luck looking for a job-fart around online-insomnia-boredom....and on and on and on.

I ought to be strict with myself after all, if I keep on like this then depression will show up sooner rather than later. Early bed tonight, which reminds me of the saying my mum used to tell me when I was being put to bed at 8pm when I was wee:

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes Joanne healthy, wealthy and wise."
    (complete with mum-modification :) )

How's your head Lynz? I've got a belter of a sore one at the mo'.
    Debt free since 2014 - now saving for a mortgage deposit :heart2:
    This time I'm on top of it! We live and learn :coffee:
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    its got better.

I just keep having headaches. I think its too much PC time. Ive tried to restrict it today and I feel way better

However, I have to go back to work tomorrow and stare at screen for hours on end and I know its going o make thngs worse not better. :(
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    JCD you need to get back into a proper routine. Make yourself a timetable for tomorrow, set timers and start getting your body clock back to normal. Otherwise three things will happen:

1. You will end up making yourself ill,
    2. You will find it difficult when you get proper work again as your body clock will be out of sync.
    3. You will end up watching trashy crappy night time telly which frazzles your brain for ever!

Oh, and get some decaff in, please!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    Number 3 doesn't effect me anyways, hypno....I don't own a tv :p
    Deffo on the caff free coffee, I'll make a note for when I can next go food shopping, that's not untill next week.
    Cheers :)
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Now, set yourself a bed time and stick to it. Even if you read in bed or something, start as you mean to go on. It may take a while to get back into balance, but the sooner you start the sooner you will be in the right place.

Are you listening to me???
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    JCD, I would second hypno's advice. I'm a really bad one for staying up all night, or getting up in the small hours, and it does me no good I know. If you can train yourself to go to bed before midnight, you will feel loads better.

Good luck with the phone work when you start - you are really brave - hope it brings in lots of money to compensate for any ickiness!
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    When you do start the phone work, perhaps you can come up with some way of "detaching" yourself from the situation so that any uneasiness is left behind when you put the phone down? Similar to "grounding" I suppose in a way. Suggestions for grounding include imagining a protective bubble around yourself before you start work, or washing your hands when you finish and watching any negative thoughts go down the plughole with the water.

Might just make it that little bit easier.
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    hypno06 wrote: »
    Now, set yourself a bed time and stick to it. Even if you read in bed or something, start as you mean to go on. It may take a while to get back into balance, but the sooner you start the sooner you will be in the right place.

Are you listening to me???

I am! I am!
    I'm making myself some food at the moment, I'll have that to eat then head to bed. thanks for the advice hon :)
    Seaxwyn wrote: »
    JCD, I would second hypno's advice. I'm a really bad one for staying up all night, or getting up in the small hours, and it does me no good I know. If you can train yourself to go to bed before midnight, you will feel loads better.

Good luck with the phone work when you start - you are really brave - hope it brings in lots of money to compensate for any ickiness!

Och I know. If anything the job will provide something to laugh about (not had much to laugh about recently) and just enough funds to start paying my debts back slowly.

I'll be off to bed soon, you two. I promise! :) x
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Off to bed myself now. Sleep well x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure