MSE News: Ryanair loosens hand luggage rules - but most charges stay sky high

"Customers flying with Ryanair will soon be able to take two bags on board as hand luggage – but many of the budget airline's notorious high charges will stay in place..."
Read the full story:

Ryanair loosens hand luggage rules - but most charges stay sky high

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
«134567

Replies

  • MSE_Darryl wrote: »
    "Customers flying with Ryanair will soon be able to take two bags on board as hand luggage – but many of the budget airline's notorious high charges will stay in place..."
    Read the full story:

    Ryanair loosens hand luggage rules - but most charges stay sky high

    OfficialStamp.gif

    Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

    More hyperbole from MSE Darryl directed at Ryanair.

    You couldn't just say "Ryanair is to allow two pieces of hand luggage" could you? It had to be "but the airlines other notoriously high charges will stay in place..."

    I have said that for years the MSE team have had it in for Ryanair, this news is great news for customers and it should be highlighted as such. Not fed out in a positive fringed comment doused in negativity.

    Pathetic.
  • DTDfanBoyDTDfanBoy Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Mr_Wang wrote: »
    More hyperbole from MSE Darryl directed at Ryanair.

    You couldn't just say "Ryanair is to allow two pieces of hand luggage" could you? It had to be "but the airlines other notoriously high charges will stay in place..."

    I have said that for years the MSE team have had it in for Ryanair, this news is great news for customers and it should be highlighted as such. Not fed out in a positive fringed comment doused in negativity.

    Pathetic.

    The ironic thing is that the article then points out several substantial reductions in some of Ryanairs notoriously high charges :rotfl:
  • Totally agree with Mr Wang. When BA cut their service provision the story was sold by MSE as a positive. When Ryanair make pretty major enhancements the story still focuses on the negatives. Why the agenda?
  • aptapt Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Glad they've binned the captcha on the booking site and have binned the annoying inflight announcements - but why not on all flights, not just in the morning and evening?
  • The Ryanair headline price STN-PSA is £29.99 per sector. With just one hold bag between 2 people, that more than doubles, and if you want to choose your seat it's more than 3 times the headline price.

    BA LHR-PSA with hold baggage shows the headline price when you select the flight, and you can pick your seat at check-in. The final price is little different from Ryanair, but all the unavoidable add-ons are included in the headline price so - unlike Ryanair - there are no surprises. That is why MSE has a downer on RYR.
  • mbrock wrote: »
    The Ryanair headline price STN-PSA is £29.99 per sector. With just one hold bag between 2 people, that more than doubles, and if you want to choose your seat it's more than 3 times the headline price.

    BA LHR-PSA with hold baggage shows the headline price when you select the flight, and you can pick your seat at check-in. The final price is little different from Ryanair, but all the unavoidable add-ons are included in the headline price so - unlike Ryanair - there are no surprises. That is why MSE has a downer on RYR.

    Ryanair acknowledges the fact that not all of us need to travel with hold luggage, so gives the option to travel without. That is exactly the model that BA has now introduced, and was being praised for when they announced it a few months back.

    I take it you have not seen the price for non status passengers to prebook seats on BA?
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    Great news for the Ryanair regulars who fly with out hold luggage. The second bag will almost certainly have to go under the seat in front of you on busy flights.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Ryanair should be congratulated for listening to customers and making these improvements. But there's no justification for keeping the 4 hour cut off time for printing boarding passes. Hopefully that will become less relevant next summer when paperless boarding passes on smartphones start to take over.
  • Ryanair should never be congratulated for anything they are a pure money hungry company who are always looking at ways in which they can charge passengers more money. Think of the amount of revenue they make by printed off a boarding pass and charging customers 70 for a piece of paper. Joke of a company I would dearly love to see them go bust and close forever
  • I'm very surprised people don't ask O'Leary to pay them for suggestions to improve his 'industry leading' customer care.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides