Have i been scammed?? Raspberry Ketone Fresh

Comments

• Ladies this happend to me late Saturday night. I contacted the fraud department for my bank Sunday and I have been given a refund but today I also recieved the tablets. The bank have gave me a new account incase more action is taken ! everyone contact the bank! If you have been made to believe it was £4.95 then they have taken out £157 then this is wrong ! Good luck xx
  • I'd still like to know which banks have refunded under chargeback. My lawyer says they should. Sending Complaint to NatWest.
  • Ladies this happend to me late Saturday night. I contacted the fraud department for my bank Sunday and I have been given a refund but today I also recieved the tablets. The bank have gave me a new account incase more action is taken ! everyone contact the bank! If you have been made to believe it was £4.95 then they have taken out £157 then this is wrong ! Good luck xx

which bank?? I have been trying all day with NatWest and they wont refund
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    xtine118 wrote: »
    I'd still like to know which banks have refunded under chargeback. My lawyer says they should.

Why does it matter what other banks have done?

All you need to do is convince Nat West that they need to refund you, isn't it?

Cannot your lawyer tell you how to do that?

When you know the answer, please post it here for all to see.
  • because Wealdroam, supposing others have had refunds from NatWest...wouldn't that be a good bargaining position to get a refund? And/or I can tell them which banks are being understanding and maybe change my account to them. Lawyer cannot tell me to do anything but appeal to them that the contract is not valid. They say it is. Though there is the factor that I have not received anything for the £95 as the first offer was for a no risk free trial just pay postage of £4.95 - so if it was free for what have I been charged ? This is what the lawyer says. They say that in the terms and conditions if I hadn't returned the free trial within 14 days then I was consenting to pay a further £95 for the pills. Of course these terms and conditions were not visible at the time of ordering (but Beach Ready Inc. the scammers - have supplied them to the bank ) the bank say I have signed up to them by giving them my debit card details. I will be issuing a formal complaint to the bank as I don't feel I have been treated fairly and they should be protecting their customers more - as apparently these 'other' banks have been doing. Evidence is what we need and mutual support.
  • I am embarrassed to say that I have just been duped by these rogues. I pride myself on being careful about what I sign up to and try to read T & C's etc...but first time for everything and lesson learned!
    I hadn't heard about this being a scam until looking on this great site for something else which led me to check my credit card statement and wham - I'd been done twice :mad:
    I rang the bank to stop any further transactions and before I identified the company the guy said "Is it the Raspberry Ketone thing?" He passed me onto fraud/disputes who said I needed to call the number on the statment and try to return the items and get a refund....nightmare! Lots of trouble getting and staying connected. Doesn't sound like it's a UK based operation at all, but after being constantly put on hold he agreed to cancel any further 'orders' and I was just in time to stop another £89 & £95 being taken! He did email confirmation of this to me but of course I then rang my bank back to make sure. It's complicated with each situation possibly being slightly different but the upshot was that the bank agreed to put a stop on any future demands from the company but said there was nothing else they could do.
    After reading others experiences on here, I politely argued that as they were obviously aware that this was a 'top' scam they should have blocked it and thus protected my £185... as indeed other banks named here had done. She wasn't for budging initially but eventually offered to refund £89 as a gesture of goodwill. She advised me they as banks could do nothing about it (my bank is First Direct which is part of HSBC) but strongly advised me to report it to Action Fraud 0300 123 2040 which I will definitely do. I'm annoyed that exactly the same ad/promotion is still on Facebook etc quoting endorsements from Women's Health, MarieClaire, Glamour etc so it looks kosher despite this being plain and simple fraud, but pretty cleverly done:(
  • Royal bank of scotland couldn't have been more helpful x
  • Hi all

Just to update you from my previous posts, I have finally got hold of someone on the phone number 0800 404 6960. I called at 8:20 in the evening - not sure if the lines are quieter then as I have been trying to call for the last couple of weeks and not got through.

So I asked for an RMA number to return the goods, they went through a script about keeping the product but when I said I wanted to return she did not try to pressure me. She immediately emailed me my RMA number and I will send this tracked delivery tomorrow.

I will let you know about my refund, though she did say it will take weeks.

Good luck all.
  • Hi All, My wife has fallen foul of this as well. She informed First Direct and was told that as she paid via a debit card its an agreed payment. Now I have the evidence to say that this well known to them, may be that they should be putting some sort of block or flag to phone people to authorize the payment. Anyway we have also done the same as above, but the question I have is has anyone been charged again after telling the bank to stop payment. We have tried to ring a few numbers but are getting cut off after getting a message to hold. Just dont want to change accounts if this was a one off. Any help or advise will be gratefully received.
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • I know this was already posted to the forums in the past, but unfortunately I'd not read it and I was ripped off by the current raspberry ketone scam. I first read about raspberry ketones in a very small article in one of the UK newspapers. It gave very little information, and only stated one could buy a trial of this "all natural raspberry ketones and lose weight fast", naming celebrities that had lost weight i.e. allegedly Dawn French, etc. so for the trial of £3.48 I thought, what the heck and I submitted my card details to try it.

NO WHERE in the small advert did it mention that by giving our card/payment details, we would automatically and without being advised or authorised, have £94.97 (!!) deducted each month, until one cancels it. Yet, this is what they did for two months!! I'll be reporting this scam to the UK Consumer watch office IF I don't get a full refund of the sum of £189.94 they took from my bank account without my authorisation/knowledge, as this was never stated anywhere OR I would not have participated in it. I've not even tried them yet, and I won't do so, as I'm unsure if they are harmful or not and don't trust the product, after such a scam of a rip off experience.

All that I ever saw, was on the despatch note (which is ALL I received) it gave no indication of these rip off charges to be incurred, nor did it give a website address or ANY information, except for an 0800 phone number which is answered by a robot, then you are put on hold listening to musak, waiting and no one came for over 1 hour when I called yesterday and today at 11.00 and 1200 uk time!! I had to pay £6.95 to post it back to them and I've rang to give them the tracking number, as they insisted I do, although it would help if they answer the phone, but they do not do so. Vicious circle of a con company, stay far away!! i tried for three hours toget through by phone to this 0800 number yesterday as I was told i mustering and give them the tracking no....after wasting three hours, I got through and gave them the tracking no. the operator said when they receive the product back they will refund 'only the one payment' I.e. the second of the two payments f £94.97 the took unknowingly tome from my bank account.

I'm writing this to let everyone else who may be considering this to NOT fall for this scam, unless you've won the lottery or you want to throw your money away. This is an American company and they should be closed down immediately, as they are ripping innocent people off with these 'hidden charges'. It's a scandal that they are allowed to continue operating and should be stopped Or be made to clearly state these ripoff charges at time of purchase of the trial as the say they were stated on the website, but I checked again and the are not! I would never have sent my bank card details knowing this and I gave them my card details under the knowledge that I was buying and paying for ONE TRIAL AT £3.48, so beware and do not give your card details to them and check your bank statements and cancel immediately if you've made the mistake I did.

I've never fallen for a scam like this in my life and If they'd written their 'terms and conditions' on the newspaper article, I would never have submitted my card details. I just want to help others before they are also ripped off.

Has anyone else had a similar experience they'd like to share and did you cancel and try to get your money back with success hopefully, like I am trying to do now? Have you got any tips you would like to kindly share with us?? Please vent your anger at this scam and injustice here, thank you! PS And no I'm not stupid, I paid what I felt was a fair amount for the 'trial' sample, and although I did not and will not now even try it, no where in the article did it refer to being charged these outrageous amounts for further supplies which I do not want and did not request.

I just wished I'd read these forums before giving my bank details for the trial as I am out of pocket £200 as a result! I've always been a consumer rights advocate and love what Martin Lewis is doing, waking up the UK public to ripoff schemes and telling us how to save money, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure