Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
5.5K replies 527K views

Replies

• zafiro1984zafiro1984 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Wind is bad, a couple of big trees down, an ash about 50' high and a birch which is bigger at least they didn't bring down any fencing. There's also a a broken field gate, ripped off its post. At least I'll have enough logs for next year. Hope everyone is ok and safe.

OUT
    turkey breast
    bacon - going to do turkey strips wrapped in bacon for tea. I'll make as many as I can and freeze the rest for another day.
    2 slices teabread
    blueberries
    plums probably crumble or pie afterwards for DH I'm having sugarfree jelly.

IN
    cooked turkey/bacon when I've done them
  • oldtractoroldtractor Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    OUT frozen cauliflower cheese ,sweetcorn ,broccoli, bacon.
    In Nothing
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    In: nothing
    Out: bag of mash, 2 portions each of peas and corn, 3 slices lorne, 2 tattie scones and a bag of leek & parsley sauce
    Use up: nothing

• edited 23 February 2017 at 8:02PM
    Save_DoshSave_Dosh Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017 at 8:02PM
    Loads - OUT definately lots of wiggle room.
    - Fruits, Veggie Burgers, homemade soups x4, veggie mince, meat free chorizo and lots of veg from fridge. Made the most lovely Ethiopian inspired lentil & potato dish, amazing what you can do when you have to think out of the box. Can't wait to go shopping 2moz, need salad stuff, stock cubes, spices & garlic, really hoping to not spend more than £10 and that should be me done 'till end of month.
    August GC - Food £55.56/£80 Alcohol £17.24/£20
    Bulk Funds - Food £19.73 -
    Save 12k in 2019 £1,300/£5,000 - #155
  • FurryBeastOzFurryBeastOz Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Out - BSq Chilli and chicken potato bake.

In - Nothing:T
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • tootallulahtootallulah Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out: bolognese sauce.
    In: nothing

I can now open both freezers without a cascade of bullet like goods raining down - this is definite progress.

I am going to try and list everything that remains in the small freezer and create a meal plan. I don't need to food shop this week and this month so far I have spent £39.84 which included buying a years supply of M&S coffee when it was on sale (must be a thread wide coffee bargain gene).
    Mortgage House £68,000 July 2019, Aug £67k, Sep £66k.
  • FurryBeastOzFurryBeastOz Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Yay. Visitors for the weekend. Freezer raid:D

6 chicken breasts, 1 gammon, 1 pack Beetroot (cake. Yum), tuna fishcakes for tonight.

Also from stores. The last of,the OOD (2004):eek: Chana, paneer, tandoori marinade, mini naans.

See you later. I'll be in the kitchen.:T
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • That's me away for a week!! Very best of luck for the week ahead and keep on using up all those stores folks...

Out: nothing
    In: sprouts, broccoli, cauli rice (F)

OH has 'the' list and it includes takeaway and steak so they're all happy. I still haven't eaten anything - day 8 today but I'm off to sunny Cyprus and I'm okay with heat. Yeay.

Had a spend in MrM and BandM yesterday of £22.96 for stocking up things like loo rolls, HP sauce, bread, milk, cheese, fruit, veg etc. A few branded items that I wouldn't normally buy it's all bought now and ready for the recipes.

Zafiro - cauliflower 'rice' is just cauliflower blitzed up in the food processor to resemble rice and is used in place of rice for low carb eating. I will blitz and bag in small portions then when needed I will just pop in microwave for a few minutes with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. It's obviously nothing like the texture of rice but it's tasty and soaks up curry well.

See you in a week x

• caronccaronc Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just moved stuff in the fridge and discovered an unopened pack of grapes BB 28/12/16 and they are perfectly fine not even a little wrinkly despite being nearly two months over date :eek: Will need to get them used up now they're open as suspect they might start deterioating quite quickly now, just as well I don't worry about dates on fruit & veg:D

• meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning All, beautiful sunny morning here, will be using up nothing of mine today, lol going to help my Brother use his, really looking forward
    to a meal I haven't cooked myself.
    Slimming World at target