Q. Do you tip your TESCO delivery person ??

Options

Comments

• Dead_Eye_Jones
    Options
    ive always found tipping a bit weird. I dont think ive ever tipped outside of a restaurant tbh. Often its because I feel a bit awkward doing it - its not really normal in the UK. At least as far as i notice lol.

No one tips me for doing my job. Pah!

Is the point to tip someone for helping you out - in which case I should be getting daily tips! If I help get a client's financial reports out on time, that should be worth a few quid! Or is the point to do the employers job of providing a wage - in which case should we tip all low earners? eg in Burger King...

Its funny how these things come about, it seems socially appropriate to tip some but not others - who decided this?!
    Debt: a bloomin big mortgage

all posts are made for entertainment value only, nothing I say should be taken as making any sense and should really be ignored
  • krazykidskate
    krazykidskate Posts: 1,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've wondered whether i should myself....
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
  • alanclose
    alanclose Posts: 2,226 Forumite
    Options
    I have in the past but when I started using the service regularly I stopped. a couple of weeks ago after I had unpacked I asked the delivery guy - Can I give you (he said yes and I just know he thought I meant a tip) - these bags and pulled a load out from behind the door. Talk about awkward
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    I totally agree with woohoo_postingid. I couldn't get my car door open once while shopping at Morrisons. A kind Trolley Boy saw me panicking with a small baby, and helped unjam the door. It took him ages but he did it, I too wanted to give him a £5 for his help but he said he would be sacked if he accepted. Instead I had a word with the manager and that earn him some sort of good customer services award which meant more to him than the money :)
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes always £3. Some of them look like its not enough, but I think its a fair tip.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    I must admit i never have, but you have got me wondering. My current guy only drops at the door but in the past i have had very helpful deliveries when I probably should have.
    I must admit I only tip when I'm given service above what they are paid to do, be it in a restaurant, shop etc.
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always have tipped them a pound for normal dels and 3 for chrissy.
    I worked for Tesco's once and I know how bad they are to work for the wages are low and tesco's expectations are high!
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • ely
    ely Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    No, I never have.
    I think 'cos Im not paying cash, dont think necessary !!!
    No one tips me at work !!
    I work for TUI Group of Companies. My companies ATOL/ABTA numbers are 2524 / D5299. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it but Atol numbers can be checked on the Civil Aviation Authority website. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • MoaningMyrtle
    MoaningMyrtle Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think they are allowed to accept tips. They shouldn't accept it in case the customer is a 'mystery shopper'. I'm not sure how much money they earn? Probably £6.00-£7.00 an hour I would imagine.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • Always_looking
    Options
    Drivers are not allowed to accept tips.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business