🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The DFW baking and sweet treats club

Options

Comments

• wegle
    wegle Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    Ok. Here's today's efforts. One white loaf and one malted grain. I've got another batch of white dough proving as well as husband is a bread munching machine!!

null_zps45b50985.jpg
  • wegle
    wegle Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and we're halfway through the monster chocolate cake!!
  • kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hobnobs on but fridge has died again :eek:

Looks like another call to insurers tomorrow so everything in mini fridge now. Still pretty clear from last time it broke but still aaaagggghhh. So Twinks Hobnobs saved the day, wouldn't have noticed for hours yet otherwise.
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • cottage_retreatist
    Options
    twinks hobnobs to the rescue! I'm sorry to hear about your fridge kissjen :( hope you can get it sorted on the insurance?

Love your bread wegle - makes me want it with just some lovely butter!!!! I always get my OH to knead my bread - good workout for him!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

well - I tried to make an eggless banana cake today (lots of bananas, no eggs and a NSD!!!) - I tried one recipe but it turned out HORRIBLE!!!!!! :eek::eek:

So after wasting 2 bananas and some flour and sugar :mad: I did more research and did it again!!

6744fdde-8274-4b90-a594-b75cbf4e0df7_zps6482883e.jpg

I got the recipe from here: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/10053/no-egg--dairy-free-banana-bread--conventional-or-bread-machine-.aspx

I added some raisins and also a tsp of vanilla extract paste I had left from when I was making jam, and also only did 2 tbsp of water unlike the 4 recommended.

I did it in a mixing bowl - all added together and mixed cause it's also a bread machine recipe!!! then greased and lined cake tin!

Haven't eaten it yet cause I'm wondering if it needs some sort of icing!!!!!
    Debts @ LBM (May 2013): £25,250.27 | Debt Free: May 2015 :j:j
  • kissjenn
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 22 September 2013 at 5:02PM
    Options
    First ever picture attempt...

image_zps916e9a7f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Doing something wrong here
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • cottage_retreatist
    cottage_retreatist Posts: 844 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 September 2013 at 5:11PM
    Options
    kissjenn wrote: »
    First ever picture attempt...

image_zps916e9a7f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Doing something wrong here

hey kissjen - do you left mouse click on the link address on the 'list' of'links to share this photo' on photobucket and then paste in the text box on MSE ? Your url looks shorter than mine did?
  • kissjenn
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks CR. Trying again now...

1ff8994c-05e0-4d4d-bf44-498a8b48f725_zpscb05332f.jpg

and...

image_zpsdb995690.jpg
  • cottage_retreatist
    Options
    wow kissjen!!!!

they look amazing!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I love all that jam in your sponge cake! Thanks for posting! I'm trying not to let OH see the screen cause he'll get jealous!! :)

C-R x
  • kissjenn
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Small Boy is very proud of his cake. And his grandad's happily scoffing it.

Yes...there was a lot of jam :D Lidl's finest :rotfl:
  • HOK3Y
    HOK3Y Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh my! Look what I have been missing out on this weekend! This has to be the most evil and wonderful thread on these boards!! :D I wish I had taken pics of the scones we made this afternoon but they were all eaten a little too quickly! :)

I have a feeling I'm going to be snagging some of these recipes in the near future.......and then I'm going to blame you all for the unprecedented winter weight gain!!! :D
    Credit Card Freedom gained 14 Feb 2014!!
    Total Debt Freedom gained 29 Apr 2014!!
    Savings goal 30/9/23: £72,000/£538,001.....yes I'm serious!
    Total Debt August 2013: [STRIKE]$21,587[/STRIKE] April 2014: $0!!!!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family