Time to buckle down and get on with it!!

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Helen :A. I thought about joining the sealed pot challenge, but don't think I have enough willpower not to raid it when I'm short on cash. My mum runs a Christmas club for the women she used to work with and some other members of the family, so I think my money is safer with her ;).

Excuse me whilst I just get down in writing what I need to get for Christmas!!

My friend - The only one I buy for. Usually budget for £10, but I'm going to see what I can get from Sainsbury's as I will have £2.50 worth of Nectar points by Monday. We are going out for our Christmas meal on Wednesday next week so need to get it by then.

My mum - My sister and I always go in together for her. I need £30 worth of Amazon vouchers and need to put £30 in a card too (this is to make up for some money I owe my sister for a gift she bought for my nephew - we only spend £50 each on her).

OH - He wants a pair of shoes from Debenhams which are £88 (were £110, but there is currently 20% off). I'm going to ask my mum to put this on her Debenhams card so I can pay if off when I've got more money (no interest charged). I know it sounds like a lot but my poor OH gets crap presents from his skinflint parents and that's basically all he gets.

My sister - My mum and I got her a watch for £70, which I have already given her £35 for. I'm going to get her 1-2 items of Jane Norman clothing from eBay to go with it. So maximum I'll need is £30 in Paypal. I'm going to see if I can get that from some survey sites, Jackpot Joy and maybe Textbroker.

My niece - She is basically sorted, but I do need to get her one more game for the Wii that my mum and I have bought her together. The maximum I'll spend is £20, but I'm hoping I can use Amazon vouchers for that.

My nephew - I've got one present for him which is all paid for, but I want to get him a pirate ship which is £25 from Argos.

BIL, Uncles (x2), Grandma and Auntie - £50 in cash and vouchers between them.

OH's parents - Don't have a clue, but usually budget £30 between them (even though they don't deserve it).

So there we go, not too bad. I've got £16 on Amazon and am waiting for another £20 (although not sure if I'll get all of that in time). I'm definitely starting to save up next year!!

Emz xx

(I know this might sound like a lot to buy, but I come from a generous family, which to be honest I would rather be part of than OH's skinflint family ;)).
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Just ordered OH's shoes. I found a 10% off code online so got them for £79.20. Not bad for something that was originally £110.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    We went to Asda last night where I saw a Jake and the Neverland Pirates set for £22. It costs £32 on Amazon and even more in Argos, so I snapped it up and am now done buying presents for my nephew. £3 cheaper than the present I had in mind and it's worth a lot more too.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Hi Emz, popping to say hi. Sorry I haven't been around much. I am doing a college course and it takes up my time :(

But considered me subscribed! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport