Time to buckle down and get on with it!!

in Debt Free Diaries
195 replies 11.1K views
EmzillaEmzilla Forumite
3.7K Posts
Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
I know, I know. Yet another new diary for me. I kind of lost my way with my last one. I was doing well and then went on a stupid pointless holiday (don't ask) and since I got back a week ago, I haven't managed to get back into the same frame of mind as I was when I left.

I know what I need to do, I need to just buckle down and earn loads of cash. I'm self-employed, so really I can set my own wages, depending on how hard I work, and I was doing very well before I went on holiday.

So that's what I'm going to do - work harder and spend less. I also have cystic fibrosis, so need to keep my meds up to date so I avoid getting sick.

When I post on a diary, I tend to do better, so I'll post several times a day to keep me on track :o.

Emz xx

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy shiny diary :grin:
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • EmzillaEmzilla Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Lou :)

I've got a really bad rash on my arm. I thought it was a heat rash as it started on holiday, but it has just gotten worse since I got home and it is taking up half my arm. I went to the pharmacy last night and they recommended some cream (which cost £3.50), but it just seems to be getting sorer and sorer. I'll give it to Monday and then go to the doctor if it's not better.

Busy day tomorrow - I'm taking my niece to school in the morning, so will need to get up at 6am. I've also got to take my nephew to preschool and pick him and my niece up again in the afternoon. It's my sister's birthday on Sunday and even though I've already got her a camera with my mum (paid for with Amazon vouchers), I wanted to get her a little something extra, so am going to pop to Boots at some point and get her a few nail varnishes. I can get 3 with my Advantage Card points.

I managed to get a couple of free tickets to see Prisoners on Monday evening too. I really wanted to see that film (Hugh Jackman AND Jake Gyllenhaal in the same movie? :T) so that has saved us some money.

Anyway, better get on with my meds and then bedtime for me.

Emz xx
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Think you should maybe not leave it as long as Monday Emz.
    Take care xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • HOK3YHOK3Y Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Agreed with Beanie - get it looked at soon and best of luck with your diary! :)
    Credit Card Freedom gained 14 Feb 2014!!
    Total Debt Freedom gained 29 Apr 2014!!
    Savings goal 30/9/23: £72,000/£538,001.....yes I'm serious!
    Total Debt August 2013: [STRIKE]$21,587[/STRIKE] April 2014: $0!!!!:j
  • AlexLKAlexLK Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I am also self employed and have a load of debts to clear (bit different for me as I have a ltd company and pay myself a minimal salary), what debts do you have if you don't mind me asking?
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Lou and Hok3y :) - I think the stuff the pharmacy gave me is making it worse to be honest. It certainly doesn't stop the itching anyway. I'll see if I can get a doctors appointment later and stop using that stuff.

AlexLK - hello :) - I have £42k of debt which is made up of a lot of various unsecured debts.
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right, up early to get my meds done before my auntie duties kick in. Need to be out of the house by 7am, so better get cracking.

Emz xx
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have started using Sudocrem on my arm instead of the cream from Boots. I'll see what that does over the weekend and go to the doctor on Monday if there's no improvement.

I'll pop into the shops on the way home to get my sister's nail varnish and will go into Body Shop to get that free hand cream from the freebie board. I'll put it aside and see if I can get some more freebies to make up a Christmas present for my friend (the only one I exchange gifts with). I love living near a shopping centre that is open until 8pm - it's so useful :cool: (for freebies obviously ;)).

Nearly time for lunch and then the preschool run.

Emz xx
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pleased to say my arm feels much better since I stopped using that stuff. Sudocrem has worked wonders! I've also had an appointment from the hospital for 8th October.

I got my sister's nail varnish with my Boots points. I've even put them in a little bag I had and have wrapped them up. No money spent for me today :). I didn't have time for the Body Shop so that's a job for another day.

I've got another busy day tomorrow ferrying the kids around, so will be going to bed after I've done my meds.

Emz xx
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    17.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just swinging by to subscribe ! sneaky! hope your arm is better - I love sudo crème

take care lovely XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides