Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• alfa145
    alfa145 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I have just initiated a switch from my fixed Ovo deal to Green Star Energy as they came out cheaper, however I have noticed a bit of a difference with the headline prices on the Energy Club website and the Green Star account page:

Prices listed on Martin's Energy Club website for: Rate Saver 12 Month Fixed 1506 Paperless | Fixed for 12 months

Gas
    ---
    Unit rate: 3.026p per kWh
    Standing charge: 24.433p per day

Elec
    ----
    Unit rate: 11.215p per kWh
    Standing charge: 19.331p per day

I registered for Green Energy Star and added my account number to their website (given to me when I initiated the switch). The online account shows a large variation in the standing charge rates:

Gas
    ---
    Standing charge: 33.76 per day

Elec
    ----
    Standing charge: 28.64p per day

Their tariff on the main website agrees with Martin's page, so I'm not sure where this difference has come from so I have emailed them to ask - will update when I get an answer..
  • alfa145
    alfa145 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Wow - a super quick response:

At the moment the standing charges you are seeing on the online portal are those without the direct debit discount, once your fourteen day cooling off period has lapsed we will seek activation on your direct debit and then you will see the correct standing charges including the direct debit discount.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'll bear all your comments in mind when it comes time to switch, thank you. Any further comments would be very welcome.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • you_llneverwalkalone
    Options
    alfa145 wrote: »
    I have just initiated a switch from my fixed Ovo deal to Green Star Energy as they came out cheaper, however I have noticed a bit of a difference with the headline prices on the Energy Club website and the Green Star account page:

Prices listed on Martin's Energy Club website for: Rate Saver 12 Month Fixed 1506 Paperless | Fixed for 12 months

Gas
    ---
    Standing charge: 24.433p per day

Elec
    ----
    Standing charge: 19.331p per day

I registered for Green Energy Star and added my account number to their website (given to me when I initiated the switch). The online account shows a large variation in the standing charge rates:

Gas
    ---
    Standing charge: 33.76 per day

Elec
    ----
    Standing charge: 28.64p per day

Their tariff on the main website agrees with Martin's page, so I'm not sure where this difference has come from so I have emailed them to ask - will update when I get an answer..

I queried this when we joined them. They adjust when your switch goes through.

Can,t fault Green Star at the moment. Sooo much better than our last supplier the dreaded ExtraEnergy!
  • pcj
    pcj Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    My first year with Green Star is about to end and I'm on the lookout for the next 12 months or so energy.

Experience with Green Star has been good. No problems in "delivery" or billing. The only issue I would raise is the fact that the user web site is a bit limited - you can only get the current bill, a history of readings isn't available but this is no great problem if you keep your paper bills/records of readings. I will certainly consider them for renewal.
  • fenwoman
    fenwoman Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if Green Star are actually particularly green?

they are. I've just got off the phone to them. They gave me 2 tariffs to chose from. The first was 94% renewable, the other 6% made up of natural gas and a small part coal. Or I could go with 100% renewable which was only £13 a month dearer. I'm trying to save £6000 for a hip replacement for a young Spanish rescue dog so chose the cheaper option. The young Scottish chap I spoke to was charming and helpful and explained everything very clearly and didn't rush me.
  • fenwoman
    Options
    I queried this when we joined them. They adjust when your switch goes through.

Can,t fault Green Star at the moment. Sooo much better than our last supplier the dreaded ExtraEnergy!

I'm breaking my contract with extraenergy early. ANYONE is better than them.
  • cheekydollarJ
    Options
    The switch was easy, and my first Direct Debit has been taken.

Website is easy to understand but I did email them and they have not responded two weeks later. I have now chased them!

I was with Spark Energy who had an online chat function that was really good, which I will miss - but hopefully bills will be £80 a year cheaper with these guys!
  • houndog7238
    Options
    After reading good things about Green star energy, i decided to switch from EDF who announced they were increasing my direct debit by nearly £20. Everything seemed to be going ok, passed the final readings on the date required. However, that is where it all seemed to go wrong. According to EDF, Green Star failed to pass on the final readings to EDF who presented me with an estimated final bill. I have emailed Green Star requesting them to pass on the readings but have heard nothing during the last six days. I have tried to ring them but failed to get through, in fact, one call was cut off before i could get to the options, telling me to ring later. I am now running out of time to get the readings to EDF to get the bill adjusted. I am beginning to wish I hadnt bothered in the first place!!
  • fenwoman
    Options
    completed my transfer no problem from Green star, but plenty from extraenergy who are demanding I pay £200 despite being in credit with them!
    Why did you not submit the final readings to both companies? That's what I would do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback