Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    Green Star Energy also had issues with not sending out welcome packs to properties with new tenants/owners: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-closes-compliance-engagement-green-star-energy

As long as you havent' changed addresses since leaving, just cash the cheque when you receive it.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 September 2020 at 8:28AM
    Options
    Nebulous2 said:
    Left Green Star in June 2018. I've just received an email saying they overcharged me before I left by moving me onto a higher tariff when they shouldn't have. They're sending me a cheque for £4 as compensation.
    £4.80 arrived in my bank account this morning. Bank Giro Credit from Hudson Energy. I assume it is this. I no longer have a DD set up, so they must have retained my bank details.
  • Cooper58
    Options
    Hi we recently changed electricity and gas supplier from green star / shell energy. They now have sent me an email to say we owe over £900 on the final payment and will take this out my direct debit account on the 30th October. Is there anything we can do. Surely they can't demand the final payment of this amount. I am currently on furlough from work until I don't know when. 
    Please advise further 

Kind regards Glenn 

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 October 2020 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Cooper58 said:
    Hi we recently changed electricity and gas supplier from green star / shell energy. They now have sent me an email to say we owe over £900 on the final payment and will take this out my direct debit account on the 30th October. Is there anything we can do. Surely they can't demand the final payment of this amount.
    Did you give Green Star accurate opening and closing meter readings?  If so, you should be able to work out the cost of the energy during the period for which they supplied you.  Just remember to convert the gas usage into kWh using the formula on the bill or use this site.
    Look at your bank statements and add up the total of the DD payments they collected and you should be able to see whether you owe them £900 to settle the account.
    If their figure is inaccurate, submit a formal complaint and ask for a full itemisation if they haven't already provided this.  If you do owe this amount, ask them for an affordable payment plan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback