Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• Barnsey02
    Options
    It doesn't matter how cheap they maybe don't touch this company with a bargepole.
    There are so many instances of bad customer service. Their response to an email is slower than snail mail. Replies to complaints are outside timescales and when you follow up you go to the back of the queue. Recently I received mail from them addressed to another individual at my property. I emailed to advise them of their error and asked where they had got this information from. They refused to tell me - Data Protection!
    Today I noticed that my December direct debit had not been taken. I looked at my account to find that the last statement had been cancelled and that I apparently had no meters. So I phoned. It took them 29 minutes to answer. Apparently someone told them that they lived at my address and they therefore cancelled my account without bothering to contact me. In all it took them 13 minutes to offer no satisfactory explanation other than reactivation of the account. My call has now been passed to complaints which will be a waste of time. I'll be leaving as soon as possible.
  • clarebearb
    Options
    I too have had a nightmare with Green Star, started off really cheap £75 a month for gas and electric, November i was in credit by £70 and they wanted to put my DD up to £127 a month. Refused and was told my introductory tariff had changed to variable and was put through to the the team who handle fixed tariffs was given my exact usage and new price of £113 a month. i did a USwitch comparison and found a company more competitive. so i swapped early December. Now i am getting emails from Green Star saying i owe them £340..........and i was under the impression that if you owe and energy company they wont release you? I was online only with them, but you can't log in, their customer services is diabolical..........avoid these cowboys at all costs!!!!
  • Warren_Marris
    Warren_Marris Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 January 2019 at 12:28AM
    Options
    Got to admit, I felt a bit of a fool when some lovely young ladies knocked at my door and asked me about changing supplier - Two Reasons - One, I know the marketing company they worked for as I used to work for them too (I lasted Three Days, I cannot be an Honest Liar even if I am being paid!!!), and Two - They had badges witha VERY similar name to this website! YEAH! I FELL FOR IT!

Still, I did want to switch anyway and GreenStar sounded good... 18 Month Contract... And it did appear I could save...

Good News, I have... My Initial Billing seemed a little high - But I was sure my usage meant I would get in credit during the summer - And 100%, I did... So no complaints!

BONUS - GreenStar ACTIVELY Monitor your Usage - Now I did not know this until TODAY (14/01/2019) - Where on their Standard Tariff I was paying around £79 a Month... My actual Usage had been FAR LOWER!

And I received this email which I had previously IGNORED

'Your monthly Direct Debit is based on the amount of energy we think you’ll use throughout the year. We review this every 6 months to check you’re paying the right amount. Our latest review shows that your Direct Debit needs to be decreased to £55.00 per month.
    How we’ve calculated your new Direct Debit amount
    Shown in the table below, your new payment is based on your updated annual consumption figure and the amount that you need to pay over the next 12 months to achieve a zero balance. We have also taken peaks in usage into consideration, for example across the winter season.'

So not only have I ended up in credit on my account - My bills has also been lowered automatically! The First Company I have encountered that does this BY CHOICE!

I hope other suppliers follow suit...

While not my cheapest option with others now providing far cheaper - They deserve some credit for the aide they have given.

EDIT - Reading other users reviews... Mine may be an isolated case, I live alone and this may account for why my bills have ended up lower.

Worth noting that MoneySavingExpert (Why anyone would use USwitch these days is beyond me!!! No, Seriously - If you are still using USwitch - Do a Comparison and then do the same one HERE... You will notice they STILL OMIT some suppliers!!! MoneySavingExpert REMAINS TRULY INDEPENDENT!) uses the Average 2 Adults 2 Children Model when working out costs unless you specify otherwise!

Your household if it is larger may use more Gas/Electric than the average so where you can, Before Changing supplier - Do a Comparison and include AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE!
  • william_fences
    Options
    They are appalling, I have an on-going case right now, wish i'd never set eyes on them:

See here:
    I can't post a link so go to trustpilotDOTcom and search for greenstarenergyDOTcom

Wish I could get some help.
  • john_wildman
    Options
    Used Green Star for a year to Jan 1918. Good efficient supplier. No problems. Part of large North American group Hudson.
  • zazzywinker
    Options
    Green star are the worst company I've ever been with never got billed for 9 months even tho I rang up every month to ask them for a bill then they slapped me with a massive bill which put me in debt with them had to goto the ombudsman twice bcoz customer service is really bad I'll be glad to see back of this company
  • veejay43
    veejay43 Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Agree with some posters above, would not touch them with a bargepole again,

When i joined them by way of a company called Utility Discount i was told i would get a discount of £50 if dual fuel, i got a £25 Sainsburys voucher and said they didnt give cash, i wasnt expecting cash, just a discount or vouchers ,plus perks every 3 months, never got them either
    I have argued about this £25 several times, and although by phone they disagreed about the discount,then sent me a letter admittiing it, but i still didnt get it
    I submitted readings every month online, but sometimes was told the readings were not what was expected,and to resubmit, so did, same reading which was then accepted
    I have now changed suppliers, and i am in credit, but was told it would take 6 weeks, i have been credited within 2 weeks tops by previous suppliers,and the man i spoke to today was fumbling over the conversation as if he was having to look up the answers to what i was asking

I would not recommend Green Star at all
    As a PS; I also had a young lady, very young from a company with a similiar name to MSE trying to sell me energy,
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Left Green Star in June 2018. I've just received an email saying they overcharged me before I left by moving me onto a higher tariff when they shouldn't have. They're sending me a cheque for £4 as compensation.
  • murphydavid
    murphydavid Posts: 832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 August 2020 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Nebulous2 said:
    Left Green Star in June 2018. I've just received an email saying they overcharged me before I left by moving me onto a higher tariff when they shouldn't have. They're sending me a cheque for £4 as compensation.
    Similar but £38. However my PC security system has tagged it as don't click any links on this email. Don't reply to it. Don't accept any phone numbers or other info on it as legit. So be very careful. Your data may have been compromised by GS.
  • rhcp
    rhcp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nebulous2 said:
    Similar but £38. However my PC security system has tagged it as don't click any links on this email. Don't reply to it. Don't accept any phone numbers or other info on it as legit. So be very careful. Your data may have been compromised by GS.

Looks genuine to me.  Plus you don't need to get in contact with them, it was for information.  Also the phone number is their phone number.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback