Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• rcgood
    rcgood Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    I will be interested in how your proposed switch goes, as i am in the same position with NPower Price fix April 2015
  • karrie12
    karrie12 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm looking to switch from Eon to Greenstar as they seem to be cheaper but having read through the earlier posts it doesn't look promising.

gatsbyforever - did you have any luck with a reduced DD?
  • Saverka
    Options
    Hi all,

I have switched from Npower to Green Star Energy.
    Although I wasn't sure about it at first because there wasn't much feedback about GSE, it was a great decision.

I had a problem with switching or more like 'a problem trying to get away from Npower'. They made the whole process extremely difficult and unpleasant. Npower continued charging me after the switch. Talking to the customer service was pointless because no action was taken after numerous phone calls. I only kept receiving automated letters reassuring that the case will be resolved/ is ongoing.

The Green Star Energy on the other hand had been great. The customer service actually listened and tried to resolve the problem. The staff from Green Star Energy I dealt with has been polite and professional. I didn't have to wait for someone to pick up the phone and they phoned me back when required.

Both companies were convinced I had 2 electric meters. After I phoned both, the Green Star Energy sent an engineer to check everything and solved the problem at their end. The Npower kept sending pointless automated letters for months and kept charging me.

I'm pleased that I finally got away from Npower. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm happy to support a smaller company, save money and know that when another issue arises, I can count on someone who will listen and resolve the problem.
  • danielson81
    danielson81 Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched in October without any problems.

We just received our winter bill and they have agreed to split it up in to 3 monthly amounts. A quick email and about an hour later it was all sorted!
  • passion-flower_2
    Options
    This is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if Green Star are actually particularly green?
  • wooster27
    Options
    I switched to Green Star last August from SSE , straight away I noticed a huge difference....not just the much better price but also the superb customer service. There was no waiting 15 to 25 minutes to have your call answered..I have never waited more than 20 seconds ...when you get through you are not bombarded with a never ending list of options , just 4 , and queries are always handled in a very friendly and efficient manner. I am also in credit after the winter period...something that never happened previously. Today I switched to a new tariff with them and that was handled with their usual good manners and friendly way. To round off a pleasant switch I was also refunded the credit . Top marks to Green Star.:T:T:T
  • kwheway
    kwheway Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I have been with Green Star Energy on a dual fuel quarterly tariff for almost a year and as I am an energy tart, I am about to switch. However, I cannot complain about their service for the past year. In fact, it has been a refreshing and much needed change from NPower.

The only snag I had right at the start was switching via MSE CheapEnergyClub online. I understood throughout the process of switching that the Club had transferred my direct debit details along with meter numbers etc. A day before my first bill was due, my direct debit never kicked in. Customer service over the phone at Green Star was excellent, they took a card payment for the amount and set up a direct debit over the phone for future payments. Did not take long to get through to them either.

Since then service has run smoothly. I would enter readings monthly online (system seems a little outdated and its layout is not quite compatible with the iPad, but it works and records readings.) Also I receive an email when bills are due to be calculated, and get given about 5 days to give a reading so that it is included in the bill which makes this company a reliable service overall.

Hoping the switch will go well, looking to start that process next week in order not to induce a fine as it would be £60 to pay if I switched before 49 days before the end of my contract. Overall, thumbs up Green Star, and thank you.
  • Arvind0007
    Options
    Hi,

Found all the positive reviews and I am tempted to switch to them. But have anyone ever compared their standing charges with others? What I found about the standing charges compared to Scottish Power is (per day inc vat):

Green Star:
    Gas: 27.57p per day
    Day rate: 3.071p per KW
    Elec: 39.44p Per Day
    Day Rate: 11.753p Per Kw

Scottish Power:
    Gas: 20.55p per day
    Day rate: 3.425p per KW
    Elec: 20.55p Per Day
    Day Rate: 12.279p Per Kw

Any idea if that really makes a difference as I found their TCR to be better though, despite not being better than OVO.
  • samkma
    samkma Posts: 129 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GreenStar is the lowest quote and cheapest compared to the quote from my current supplier OVO. My fixed price end 3rd July2015 should I wait till then to apply for switch or is there an option to select the switch date?
  • Daven
    Daven Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Switch went without a hitch. Happy to adjust DD payment and refund overpayment! Great service, ten months into fixed price, will probably rollover!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback