We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Apple launches new iPhones – and reveals prices

Options
123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Apple add little new features just to sell more phones. Think back to the first iPhone, it didn't even have 3G when 3G had been around for years. They missed it out so they could bring out a second iPhone which did include it so everyone would rush out for it.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Apple add little new features just to sell more phones. Think back to the first iPhone, it didn't even have 3G when 3G had been around for years. They missed it out so they could bring out a second iPhone which did include it so everyone would rush out for it.

It might be worth remembering Apple is a US company up until around 2007 the US networks marketed EDGE as 3G. The original iPhone had EDGE.
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    It might be worth remembering Apple is a US company up until around 2007 the US networks marketed EDGE as 3G. The original iPhone had EDGE.

But it didn't have 3G.
  • FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Earthworm wrote: »
    What I find funny is that the people who really get passionate about iOS and dissing Android are generally the same people who haven't tried a new Android phone and base their opinions solely on what iPhone fan-sites tell them.

I have a personal Android phone - a S3, and a work iPhone 5. The Android is temperamental, has a poor battery life and feels cheap, despite being (at the time) the same rough cost as an iPhone. The iPhone just works seemslessly all the time- the apps are in general far better, iMessage is fantastic and the build quality is better. I have yet to see or use an Android that I didnt feel was a complete copy of a iOS, especially in terms of the apps.

For me, there is no choice when my contract ends in December.
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will say people keep comparing the iphones to samsung galaxies, anybody done a comparision to same priced nokias?
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FlameCloud wrote: »
    I have a personal Android phone - a S3, and a work iPhone 5. The Android is temperamental, has a poor battery life and feels cheap, despite being (at the time) the same rough cost as an iPhone. The iPhone just works seemslessly all the time- the apps are in general far better, iMessage is fantastic and the build quality is better. I have yet to see or use an Android that I didnt feel was a complete copy of a iOS, especially in terms of the apps.

For me, there is no choice when my contract ends in December.

If the apps are by a 3rd party developer then it's no surprise they are very similar whatever platform they are on.
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Chitter-Chatter for that :spam: post...
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But it didn't have 3G.

Did you miss read my last post? The original iPhone had EDGE, at the time the USA networks were marketing EDGE as 3G, just like they were recently doing calling HSPA 4G.

By the US standards of the day it had what they were calling "3G" in the US.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport