We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Apple launches new iPhones – and reveals prices

Options

Comments

• tekie
    tekie Posts: 144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2013 at 10:52PM
    Options
    Like I said before, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

I really feel sorry for you for making such blunder statements.

you've clearly no idea what you are talking about, by the way the Android community is never heard of a thing called "user experience" coz it doesn't exist in the droid world.
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,423 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Number29 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the second rate user experience that some people put up with in the name of saving a few pennies instead of going for best value.

I think you underestimate the vast difference in user experience, enjoyment and support between these two platforms. It easily makes iOS worth paying more for if you ask me (my Galaxy S3 toting sister and partner would most definitely agree based on how shocking the S3 is!).

Nothing wrong with my S3 had it a while now never had any problems with it great phone.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2013 at 10:41AM
    Options
    what a rip off budget-
    are they sure?

why people still bother i really dont know
    What goes around-comes around
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My iPhone 4 on Three contract is up 23rd Oct currently paying £30 a month. Not sure if I should upgrade to the 5 or 5S or just go onto a cheaper monthly rolling contract for the time being.
  • Iphone5Cor5S
    Options
    Hello

I am travelling to the USA and was thinking of buying either an Iphone 5S or 5C from the Apple Store (Sim/Network free).

If I do this, will I be able to use it in the UK on my Three Contract, bearing in mind that they are looking to introduce 4G in December?

Thanks, any feedback appreciated!
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am travelling to the USA and was thinking of buying either an Iphone 5S or 5C from the Apple Store (Sim/Network free).

If I do this, will I be able to use it in the UK on my Three Contract, bearing in mind that they are looking to introduce 4G in December?
    Bad idea. The US model doesn't support LTE band 7 which will be the main high capacity band used in high density areas in the UK. See http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Once you go apple, you can never go back...

...although hasn't Apple introduced a "go back" feature with iOS7?

my OH will be going back to Samsung when his current contract ends on his iphone5.

Its horses for courses though, he doesn't need an all-singing all-dancing phone, he liked the look of the iphone5 and it was the "must-have" phone at the time he upgraded to it. But it was poop when we were abroad last month, it wouldn't do what my old LG android could do with no faffing. He still likes it here in the UK for what he needs it for (calls, hardly any texts, the occasional play on Temple Run and facebook).
  • minislim
    Options
    That is not true. All SIM-free iPhones sold by Apple never become SIM-locked. You're thinking of the Carphone Warehouse who use the same stock of iPhones for all networks and for SIM-free. Their iPhones do become SIM-locked to the first SIM card inserted, even if you buy it SIM-free. This is because most of their stock is intended to be SIM-locked.[/QUOTE]

but carphone warehouse used to sell individual phones not tied into any network.
    so why is the iphone different? some one somewhere is pulling a fast one. i suspect apple. they always have.

their tricks in the 80's and 90's did them no favours at all! they had undoubtedly the best computers in the market. but their tricks and dodgy antics still lost the pc race to microsoft.
  • Earthworm
    Options
    What I find funny is that the people who really get passionate about iOS and dissing Android are generally the same people who haven't tried a new Android phone and base their opinions solely on what iPhone fan-sites tell them.

Where a fingerprint scanner may come in handy (no more than a 4 digit pin) in reality some users just want the new phone for the letter S. It tells their friends they have an iPhone 5S and that it instantly makes them cooler than others. I don't even know why Apple added new features tbh some users would have bought the same phone again just for the gold.

What I would have found great would have been if Apple hadn't bothered with their under the hood modifications which in reality do very little and instead tried to bring the price of their phone down whilst maintaining their build quality.
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    minislim wrote: »
    but carphone warehouse used to sell individual phones not tied into any network.
    so why is the iphone different? some one somewhere is pulling a fast one. i suspect apple. they always have.
    To be fair to them, the Carphone Warehouse does make this drawback clear on their web site before a purchase is made.

Personally I think all SIM-locking should be banned along with bundling handsets with service. Pricing would be much more transparent if the handsets and service were always sold separately, as is the norm in other countries. Then SIM-locking wouldn't happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure