PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Potato Wedges? - All you ever wanted to know about how make potato wedges

Options

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually we ahve a long running thread full of good ideas for wedges, and lots of other tips that you may find useful.

So I've added your query to it. Usual rules apply - posts are listed in date order so you'll need to read from the beginning to catch up.

Good luck :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • auntyn
    auntyn Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    I've looked for this in the collections but can't find anything - I've tried many times to make my own and they're never a success especially compared to shop bought. Wondering has anybody any advice??
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    It's all here - potato wedges. Mine are in the oven now - cut a potato into 8 wegdes. Arrange on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and flavour with garlic, herbs, chilli, as you like. Bake until soft.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • angelnikki
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=47620&highlight=Potato+wedges

I made these for the first time last night.
    I took two large baking potatoes, nuked in the microwave for 5 mins, then cut each potato into 12 wedges, coated in oil and BBQ Seasoning, spread out on an oven tray and cooked at gas 7 for 20-25 mins turning half way. they turned out crispy and were very yummy. HTH

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi :)

I've added your post onto our main thread that has been linked to in the posts above.

There are plenty of tips to read, and several recipes for savoury coatings.

Have fun, and good luck :)

ps.gif I'll pop across to our complete recipes collection and add this thread into it to make it easier to find.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Steel_2
    Steel_2 Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you freeze homemade potato wedges?
    "carpe that diem"
  • SoozyJ22
    SoozyJ22 Posts: 3,239 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd love to know the answer to this question as well.
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    Steel wrote: »
    I always make 2 batches, and freeze one, never had any problem with them.
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • Sparky67
    Sparky67 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At what stage do you freeze them - after par-boiling or after oven cooking?
  • Steve-o
    Steve-o Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    Options
    Steel wrote: »
    Sparky67 wrote: »
    At what stage do you freeze them - after par-boiling or after oven cooking?

The two questions I wanted to know as soon as I saw this thread. :D
    I have no signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills