PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Potato Wedges? - All you ever wanted to know about how make potato wedges

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I also parboil mine for about five minutes, then bung them into my remoska after giving them a bit of a coat with oil.Tesco do a lovely garlic flavoured olive oil that is gorgeous for coating them with.
  • nopot2pin
    nopot2pin Posts: 5,721 Forumite
    Options
    skylight wrote: »
    I just wash uncooked potatoes and cut them in half length ways then cut these into three on the angle to make a wedge shape.

They go into a large bowl with some oil and spices or whatever I fancy on them and give them a good stir to coat them well. Then chuck them into the oven giving them a good shake about every so often.

Thats exactly how I do mine :D

If I am mega organised, I make them for the freezer too...
    Cook them, about three quarters of the way...
    Then freeze them on a tray. When frozen bag them.
    Then if your in a rush, you only have to take out as much as you need and bake in a hot oven for 20-25 mins
    :D
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And don't peel the potatoes, that's were all the goodness is, in the skin.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • casperlarue
    casperlarue Posts: 646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 December 2009 at 8:33PM
    Options
    I use fluffy type spuds, like Maris Piper or King Eddies, use the smaller ones cut in half then in half again. Don't peel, just give 'em a quick scrub!

On a baking tray mix 4tbsp olive oil, 1tsp paprika, 2tsp dried oregano and 2 or 3 cloves garlic crushed. Give it all a good mix up and then coat the potato wedges. Pop in a hot oven 220c, gas 7 for about 1/2 hour til they are nice and crispy. Give them a shake half way through to brown both sides evenly.
    "Put the kettle on Turkish, lets have a nice cup of tea.....no sugars for me.....I'm sweet enough"
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nopot2pin wrote: »
    Thats exactly how I do mine :D

If I am mega organised, I make them for the freezer too...
    Cook them, about three quarters of the way...
    Then freeze them on a tray. When frozen bag them.
    Then if your in a rush, you only have to take out as much as you need and bake in a hot oven for 20-25 mins
    :D

Keep meaning to do this for days when I [STRIKE]can't be @r$£d[/STRIKE] am in a hurry.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Slinky_Malinky
    Options
    I give mine a few minutes in the microwave, then toss in a bit of oil and whatever seasoning I want on them ( sometimes just salt & pepper, or garlic & herb, curry powder, BBQ or cajun seasoning) then they go in my halogen oven until browned.

ETA - I haven`t tried freezing them yet but plan to do this when I have available freezer space.
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    I use raw baking potatoes. I cut each potato into 6 and then spritz lihtly with olive oil and shake over seasoning. Usually chicken seasoning from Lidl but sometimes paprika then roast in a hot ove turning 1-2 times until soft and brown.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • carolinosourus
    Options
    I don't par-boil mine, just cut reasonably large potatoes in half long-ways then cut each half into wedges, coat in olive oil then stick them in the oven for about 30 mins. I also leave the skin on, they're slightly healthier that way and more rustic!
    :D**Thanks to everyone on here for hints, tips and advice!**:D
    MSEers are often quicker than google

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - G. Orwell
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    I shuld say cutting baby new potatoes in half and roasting in a similar way is fab.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    As this has fallen from the front page of OS, I'll add it to the existing thread to keep recipe ideas together :D

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family