PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Potato Wedges? - All you ever wanted to know about how make potato wedges

Options

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do the same as you but I use Cajun seasoning instead. Swartz do a jar of it for £1.48 which is much cheaper than thier wedges seasoning sachets.

LMS xx

In the carribbean section of your supermarkets ( ore ethnic shops if you have llcally) they do bags of "all purpose seasoning" Its about a quid for a big bag, and Ive had mine for almost 2 years and use it at least 2 times a week :T its supposed to be for coating chicken, but I often use a bit of this and paprika and a touch of garlic salt and mix with oil, then coat wedges with this YUM
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • saving-grace
    Options
    I do the same as you but I use Cajun seasoning instead. Swartz do a jar of it for £1.48 which is much cheaper than thier wedges seasoning sachets.

LMS xx

I use Schwartz Cajun seasoning on my wedges too but mine is in a giant jar (550g!) from Costco. I think it cost £3.49.
  • mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I parboil mine in the microwave, pour some olive oil on and coat the potato wedges in semolina, makes them crunchy on the outside, Had them for tea last night, the family all loves them, I can never make enough
  • cprtknight4
    Options
    hi can anyone help,

want to make homemade wedges but not sure what spices/herbs i need.

kind regards
  • soappie
    soappie Posts: 6,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could try ground pepper, ground garlic and salt. If you want it to be a little perkier, you could add a touch of ground chilli. Stick all the spices together in a large plastic bag (freezer type) and then add the wedges a few at a time and toss them around to get them evenly coated
    I am the leading lady in the movie of my life
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya :)

We have a thread with "all you ever wanted to know about wedges" :) so I'll add your post onto the end of it as soon as I find it.

You'll need to read it from the beginning to catch up with us all :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • kazd
    kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    You can buy Seasonall from Schwartz in Tesco but I bought my very large pot from Costco (UK)
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

What do you all use for your potato wedges coating? I could do with a different taste for mine!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • JoJoB
    JoJoB Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I just use olive oil and loads of rosemary and some black pepper.

Keep meaning to get some cajun spices or something similar to try though.
    2015 wins: Jan: Leeds Castle tickets; Feb: Kindle Fire, Years supply Ricola March: £50 Sports Direct voucher April: DSLR camera June: £500 Bingo July: £50 co-op voucher
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use sunflower oil and cajun spice. Or I dice them and use olive oil, garlic and rosemary.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure