🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

International calls from mobiles: Grab them for free article discussion

Options
articlealert.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

International Calls From Mobiles: Grab them for free Article

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply

Comments

• olykun
    olykun Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    With my O2 inclusive minutes I can still call 0870 numbers as I took my contracts out before 27th April 2007.

For Orange contracts if you took your contract out before 1st March 2007 then its still free to call 07744 international calls.

Just don't upgrade, or change your contract and it should remain free on into the future...
  • billy3240
    Options
    I use https://www.voipstunt.com

Great software - much clearer calls than Skype. Free to any landline in the UK plus most places in the world. The ones that are not free are much cheaper than Skype - it even shows what Skype would have cost when you make a call.

The best thing is though is that you can register your phone and a mobile (or more). Once registered simply call the number given (depending on where you are in the world) and then dial your number as usual. You are then notified of the cost and then put through - it allows VERY cheap, quick calls to anywhere in the world from your mobile.

I know it's not free but it's great quality calls and very easy to use.

Hope this helps
  • snakebite4u1
    Options
    Slight concern bout this website, as you don`t actually get free calls, abroad.Only if both parties have inclusive minutes and you follow the instructions in the " don`t click here " section.
    Check the " rates " section as this is the amount u will have to pay Rebtel / minute, even if u use ur free inclusive minutes...
  • Former_MSE_Archna
    Options
    Slight concern bout this website, as you don`t actually get free calls, abroad.Only if both parties have inclusive minutes and you follow the instructions in the " don`t click here " section.
    Check the " rates " section as this is the amount u will have to pay Rebtel / minute, even if u use ur free inclusive minutes...

Hi Snakebite,

You do get free calls but you have to make sure you use the call back system as described in the article. I've amended the text slightly to make this clearer in the article.
  • adewton
    adewton Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with snakebite4u1. Many developing countries don't have inclusive minutes as we do. They rely on us calling from abroad. If they have to pay, it defeats the whole process.
    :jDON'T STEAL!!! Government HATES competition!:D Pay your tax and make voluntary contributions to the government! :A:T
  • wdycai
    wdycai Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    May be i am just being stupid, but i dont get this.
    If i am using my inclusive mins, why will someone have to call me back? and will they be charged for the phone call they make?

Elf wrote: »
    I've just had a text on my Orange phone saying:

There was no company name etc - any way to trace this? Anyone know if it's not a scam?

anyone want to risk a try?? Would be brilliant if it works.

Thanks
    Nothing ever lasts forever...
  • yaoyao98
    yaoyao98 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I have an Orange contract phone and upgraded on 5th Feb 2007 with 400 x-net free minutes. Orange changed its charging policy on 8th June withoput any advance notice to customers. Orange announces that 07744 services for customers connecting or upgrading to a Dolphin, Canary, Racoon or Panther Animal Package via Orange direct between 1 March 2007 and 31 July 2007 will be charged at a flat rate of 20p/min. My understanding to this change is that If you are an Orange contract customer and are on a tariff plan signed before 1st March 2007, you can make FREE international calls using your cross network minutes because calls to 07744 access numbers are still included in your bundle of cross network minutes. To my great surprise when I called Orange customer service I was told that all Orange customers will be charged to dial 07744/07755 numbers regardless the date you signed up. This is very disappointing and confusion. Anyone with the same situation can give any advance thought. On the free-international-calls.co.uk website make suggestions that maybe Orange violated customers' rights and customers can either ask Orange to terminate the contract because of the introduced charges without advance notice or directly complain to Ofcom. Any commercial legal expertise out there can shade some light on this issue.

Thanks a lot
  • littlejaffa
    littlejaffa Posts: 2,251 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Am i right in thinking if i use the Rebtel thingy

Pay as you go mobile to mobile (ie uk to usa) both mobiles are charged at local rate calls?

If I get the local number for a mobile in the usa, and call it from a landline (that has free local evening & weekend calls) then the only cost will be the usa mobile at local rate?

Annnd if i do it with two landlines, each having free local calls, the whole things free forever?

( i don't have free mobile minutes )

is this even possible?
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
    Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    seems its not completely free this rebtel biz..
  • tartcart
    Options
    I have just upgraded with 02, so free international calls from my mobile are gone, but I found this company called noodle Oodles which has a 077000xxxxx which you use just the same as you did with Simply Fone. Does anyone know if that number is included in inclusive minuites?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport