September's Step-Up!!!

Options

Comments

• Superdopsa
    Options
    Evening all. Hope everyone has a good weekend? Have had a spendy weekend. Yesterday I had to get my windscreen fixed as it had a chip in it so that cost me £25. I then spent £1.49 on a small gift for one of my nephews - when I saw him last weekend I promised to get it for him.

Today I had a small spend on (mainly fresh) food just to keep me going until I go shopping on Tuesday when I have been paid.

My totals are as follows:

Food - £101.85/£100
    Misc - £136.06/£120
    Petrol - £57.42/£70

Fingers crossed I can have a SFD tomorrow. My bus ticket will last me for tomorrow, and I will postpone paying my tea boat money until Tuesday, and that will be my first spend day of the month - I go to craft club on Tuesday which will cost me £2, and I will also put some petrol in the car and go to the supermarket, and hopefully that will be my only spends until the weekend, as I have not done too well on the SFDs this month and want to improve for next month.

Check in again tomorrow.
  • Superdopsa
    Options
    And I need to work on my budgets tomorrow, and make sure I am better organised for October.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSK I'm in for October :) already turned down one meal out so off to a good start :)

Was hoping the AFD were going to feature again in the October challenge as wanted an excuse to not drink at an evening out I've got planned :(
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Ha ha Fmess yes you are.. I am so stupid considering I wrote your name down there, double checked before I asked you and still missed it... dopey doodle!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Well hello there everybody and Happy Payday to those getting a boost in their account this morning... I paid off £1300 last night with another £140 due from Mumsy on the 8th... I finished a shift last night and got home and out of the shower in time for a midnight check on the funds and hey presto there is was..

Getting up at 0500 wasn't fun though...

So I am updating my signature ready to go for October for the full amount to be paid off cause it's just good to lok at it everytime I log in...

Right more soon...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • hotmama
    hotmama Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 September 2013 at 8:06AM
    Options
    Morning all,
    I have found logging in daily quite challenging at times usually due to being knackered. However this thread has helped Me improve my debt free mindset. I nearly achieved NSD target and was very proud when i did manage a NSD particularly the planned ones as i felt like I had been super sensible.
    Slightly over budget in food- winging kids are hard to ignore. We tried a lidl shop on sat and i wasn't impressed with value for money. thinking I may revert back to A and buy less. We shipped at Aldi a few weeks back. We were impressed with price but not quality so much- bony mackerel. We are trying to save wherever possible.
    Slightly over on petrol albeit I filled tank on sat so should see me through 1 st week of oct. Charity donation given in local supermarket.
    I'm up for Oct challenge- budget crunching today.
  • cottage_retreatist
    Options
    Morning all! :beer:
    Yay! Payday!!!!! :j:j

Need to finalise all my budgets for the month but deffo went over on food - principally I think because I under-budgeted in the first place (realistically). But if I can keep it up I can make 18 NSDs by not spending any money today! . . . . I'm sure I can do it!!

This has been so helpful this month so thank you to everyone (especially NSK) - I have been keeping the OH appraised of the NSD target and even he this last week of the month has started saying 'is this a NSD' or 'oh no, lets not cause it's a NSD' - which is AWESOME!!!

NSK - you have achieved something I have not managed for 8 years with my OH - thinking before he spends money!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :j:j

It's definitely made me think where I overspend and equally as important where I underspend to my own detriment so in October hopefully I'll manage the balance better for everyone's sake!

I can't wait! Thank you all sooooo much!

PS - totally failed on the No Alcohol over the weekend - got smashed on Saturday in the style of a 18 year old fresher on OH's whiskey!! OH bought me a Maccy Ds yesterday and we just laid on the sofa all day watching alien programmes on Discovery!!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

which means budgets for October must be done tonight!
    doh!! :eek:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

xx
    Debts @ LBM (May 2013): £25,250.27 | Debt Free: May 2015 :j:j
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    Last day and im really not sure how weve done this month, cant wait to start fresh tomorrow, did do my budget, but it needs tweaking as there have been a few bits come out today which wernt showing friday, petrol and food etc that dh has bought. He's back in work tomorrow so ill get back to normal, me buyi g and budgeting.

So goodbye september, i shall hopefully see u again next year when i'll be celebrating the big 30!!! Eek!

Im off to find an easy recipe for tomato soup now, been given a fridge full by dh's aunt :) lovely of her but i hate tomatoes!! So going to freeze soup for dd and dh
    Still here..... but working on that!
  • karmachilovething
    Options
    KarmaChi I think I will have to find a local dress swap "Swishing" party soon. I have a bag of clothes ready to go to the charity shop which doesn't make sense if I can get new clothes ( which are desperately needed ) from them instead...

I can't recommend it highly enough Kat. It does nothing to reduce the size of your wardrobe (for the complusive de-clutterers) but it is a great way to get some things you want for some things you didn't.

I'm going to be crunching some numbers for October today. I was paid last Thursday, but have mostly left it alone (rather than the old KC who would have blown a whole load over the weekend). I think I want to push for dipping below the £7K mark this month, which should be possible.

I agree with cottage-retreatist, the SFDs are key in changing your habits and views on spending. It's made it so much easier to see when I don't need something, but I'm spending out of habit.
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2013 at 1:45PM
    Options
    Good morning. I had my payday on Saturday so i kind of started October already making it an extra long month. Here are my final numbers for September.

SFD 20/20 :T
    lunches 20/21
    exersice 21/21
    food 241/200 :mad:
    HH 159/140
    contingency 545/300 This includes driving licence and all the building work in the garden.

So far I already spend for October

food 63/220 (it's a long month hence the 220, going away next weekend too so we'll prob spend a bit more on groceries there then if we'd be at home)
    HH 115/120 (that's nappies, a rake and a whirligig, couldn't resist to finally have fresh smelling clothing again after not being able to dry them outside for a year. But that should that budget be done.

Also put £150 each into savings for xmas and the MOT/service. I also kept £80 in the contingency account as we got three kids birthdays and a halloween party.

EDIT:

Think I will also join one of those flylady threads this month. Had Sat afternoon and Sun morning to myself in the house and a list of at least 20 things to do (mopping floors, cleaning bathroom, etc that needed doing). Once done I could've written another list with 20 things on. So I think I need to get the flylady approach and do one room or area a night to not feel overwhelmed but feel my house is in order and clean.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure