September's Step-Up!!!

Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    Options
    Things have gone really well this month (even though there are still 3 days). I have gone slightly over my food budget (£60 per week for 2 adults, 4 children - 2 of whom are in nappies - a dog, a cat and 2 guinea pigs). This was due to me feeling we weren't eating enough fresh fruit and veg so spending more on this, but still only gone over by about £40 for the month.

Have a budget of £60 and for that I will try and get all the twins winter wardrobe and as many birthday and xmas pressies I can. At almost 2 years old they don't know the difference between new and second-hand and certainly don't mind!!!!

Well done, £280 for 6 people is great. We're only 3 and nearly spend that (hangs head in shame :o). I started going to LIDL more and an Aldi will open soon too so it is coming down. Will use that as motivation to try harder.

Like the second hand attitude towards kids clothing etc. We're the same, DS (2 1/2) has lived in hand me downs from his cousins so far and will for the foreseeable future. The clothes are still in good nick (and will be passed on to number two, no matter if boy or girl, don't worry the girl won't have to wear boys clothes indefinietly ;)). I can't understand when people buy expensive clothes that they then complain about being run down or stained in nursery.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    Thriftlass - i find aldi cheaper than lidl so hopefully you'll notice a difference, also ive been using aldi nappies, newborn size 1 £1.79 a pack! Not sure if they were on offer at that price but since having baby dragon ive also used pampers and noticed no difference at all except the price obviously

Having a sad night :'( ive lost my spends notepad!
    Have hunted the house down and its no where to be seen, i suspect my lovely daughter may know something about it but shes not here to ask!
    Anyhow ive found myself a new notepad and will pop octobers budget into it..... Thats my job for tonight!
    Still here..... but working on that!
  • Happybeingme
    Options
    Another sfd today
  • Happybeingme
    Options
    Sorry Kat, I won't be able to join the October challenge but I will cheer from the sidelines and sign back up for November (please tell me there's a November challenge!!)

Good luck for next month everyone! :j
  • beckyboo1980_2
    Options
    Thriftlass - i find aldi cheaper than lidl so hopefully you'll notice a difference, also ive been using aldi nappies, newborn size 1 £1.79 a pack! Not sure if they were on offer at that price but since having baby dragon ive also used pampers and noticed no difference at all except the price obviously

Also switched to Aldi nappies = they are my favourite out of all the brands including huggies and pampers!
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2014 #45
    £1197.48/£12,047 - 9.9%
    The Janus Illusion #22
    SFD - 5/20
  • Superdopsa
    Options
    Just a quick check in to say I had an SFD today taking me to 8.

Other totals stand as follows:

Food - £91.11/£100
    Misc - £109.57/£120
    Petrol - £57.42

Check in again over the weekend.
  • LoveaDove
    Options
    O.M.Gee Guys and Girls,

The debt figures are falling and the paid %'s are increasing!!!

Only £800 to go (20%) and I will be debt free- still aiming for end of November! Actually feel a little excited... :j:j

A bad habit I *must* fix for October= if I make extra money, or receive unexpected money I should try resist spending the majority of it! I have been bad the last week with little spends here and there on gifts for people, although I have indulged and got myself a lil self-help book. I must stop trying to justify these spends by the fact I've received 'unexpected money.'

Anywho...if I have 3 sfds in a row now I will be bang on target for this months challenge. I struggled to push for 16 last month, so to get to 18 for me personally, would be a great achievement! :T

Hope you're all enjoying your weekends!
    :coffee:
    *Do More of What Makes You Happy*
  • karmachilovething
    Options
    Checking in for the day: spends today, went to town to restock toiletries, but used the cash back on one of my CC so I think I only 'spent' £1.50ish

But far more exciting than that I went to a dress swap today! Somebody on here was talking about them on this board (sorry can't remember who!) And it inspired me to find on local to me. And I was great! To take things you don't wear and come home with 'new' things to wear. Felt very MSE and I think there will be a few future favorite's that I got!
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Good Morning Chickadees...

I have forced myself out of bed this morning in order to make the most of the time I have before I head to work! Numero Uno on my list is coming here and saying an early morning hello..

Beckyboo you have done so well this month! I remember when you posted ages ago about DH and the job situation and everything else. The money you will save by next year will be fantastic but I am so proud of the overpayments you are making...

Thrifty you clever girl. OH won't know and will just think he is the ultimate saver in the end not realising the subtlety of your "work"...tee hee!

KarmaChi I think I will have to find a local dress swap "Swishing" party soon. I have a bag of clothes ready to go to the charity shop which doesn't make sense if I can get new clothes ( which are desperately needed ) from them instead...

LoveaDove you seem to be well on track to be debt free and get that sticker under your name. Well done!!! And yes it is hard sometimes to justify "new" money that you weren't expecting to go to debts but it will alleviate any stress on you closer to the day when you have less wages to throw at it. Stay strong!!

LSD I hope you find that spends diary.. I know how you feel I hate starting a new one!

Happybeingme..and why not young lady..?

CrazyCatLady - Yikes! good thing you had that insurance. Is it included in your life insurance policy or through work,... am not sure what I would do if I ever lost my job... time to get planning I think...

Right I got some reading to do... then some dishes...#groan... then a spot of lunch and work.. hopefully a little snooze inbetween somehow...:rotfl:
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have you made an October thread yet? Also before I start may you explain the rules to me?
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills