September's Step-Up!!!

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! Has he not come looking for them yet?? I love the fact you are so deviousf or the greater good. Bless his cottons I am not sure he knows what he is up against... ha ha haaaa! This is so cool... I am so head strong and single minded in my cause I am so glad someone else is almost as crazy...(although Siouxsie32 is right there with me..)...

So you clearly have the gall and determination to get on board.. and OH "might" just check in as a debt buster some day .. although please update with the realisation moment of his CC's..

I must admit.. with my work and sometimes the extent of my shifts and doing nights I have always said that my bedroom has to be the most comfortable environment and where I spend money (good pillows).. Your request for blackout blinds is as bad as mine for new pj's.. that match... with cats on them....lol!!

But maybe you need to choose something nice that's just for you....

..................Nahhhhhhh get the blinds. One less thing you have to buy...your reward is the saved money going towards debt.....ha ha!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Pinkylds
    Options
    I've failed this months challenge dramatically as I'd not planned for anything and been so disorganised its unbelievable.

I will be fully in for October's challenge as doing my food planning and spend planning this weekend as I've several birthdays next month to deal with.
    Sealed pot challenge - #158
  • thriftylass
    Options
    The neighbour will finish our garden wall tomorrow and OH wanted us all to go to FIL from Sat to Sun. But I think I'll not go to get some me time, continue painting the doors and have some strange leftover food combo for dinner that would otherwise not pass inspection.

My OH doesn't know about any of this here. Even when we had debt (luckily not too much). But the direct approach doesn't work with him, he just sticks his head in the sand and thinks I'm nagging. Whereas with subtlety I managed to change him quite a bit without him noticing :p. He now notices special offers in shops (only if we need them) and doesn't mind shop brands, even intends to scale down the wedding due to number two being on it's way (before it was like you only have a party like this once, let's do it big), he's shopping around for insurance deals etc, etc. He still has a lot to learn ;) but we're getting there. Our chistmas presents to each other are now usually house hold items, kitchen gadgets or other useful items :rotfl:. This year I'd like a whirligig (rotary clothes airer).
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Pinkylds wrote: »
    I've failed this months challenge dramatically as I'd not planned for anything and been so disorganised its unbelievable.

How come...? Spill the beans.. I wanna know what didn't work for you... it helps me develope as a challenger..:).. hope you are okay though. Great to hear you are on board for October...:T
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • karmachilovething
    Options
    My mum asked me the other day what I wanted for Xmas and I asked the OH if I can ask her to go half's on some blackout curtains for the bedroom!!! :rotfl::rotfl: he said I need to ask her for something nice for myself so am racking my brain at the moment!!!!!

Promise of a good night's sleep sounds like an excellent treat for self! I always ask for things I know I will use every week/day for the coming months. Best Christmas present from a couple of years ago: a DAB radio, I use it everyday.

Having said that also like consumables that I would never dare spend money on myself but love to have: fancy candles or posh make up for example
    Morning Chickadees... am working on Octobers Challenge today so watch this space... Whoop Whoop!

Yeah!! OCTOBER challenge! Bring it on!!

Forgot to check in yesterday (I think), but was another SFD, 16/18 so in with a good shot of making the total this month. Today is a spendy day: paid my garage bill (£160, not bad not good, could have been worse) and going to stock up on herbal teabags at lunchtime.

Happy Friday All!
    KC
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • beckyboo1980_2
    Options
    Anyone else liking the grey, dull, cold weather. Makes me feel all cosy inside and wanting to snuggle up on the couch with a cuppa, some chocolate and think of christmas. I think I start early with the christmas spirit this year as it always seems such a waste of resources as it only really lasts 3 days ;)

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!
    I completely agree!!! Love having the excuse to stay in my pjs and not go out and as for xmas - well my aspiration in life is to one day be the Christmas fairy!!!!!!:rotfl:
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2014 #45
    £1197.48/£12,047 - 9.9%
    The Janus Illusion #22
    SFD - 5/20
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 September 2013 at 2:12PM
    Options
    And we are off..

The October Awakening.

..http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4777493

I will be taking a litle more interest in people this month ..so watch out..lol!
  • CrazyCatLady1_3
    Options
    Hi everybody,

My apologies for not being on for ages, I've no excuse, just been on a bit of a downer :( Anyway feeling a bit better now, on SFD 15 and have been careful what I've spent. I did buy a Christmas present for my little sunshine K, a lovely wee pink and purple trike in tip top condition for a fiver off ebay, and no postage as person lived nearby.
    Total debt - £16,687.86 approx. - Paid so far - £13,156.30 - £350. a month to DMP - DFD 17/01/2019 But I WILL make it sooner!!
  • CrazyCatLady1_3
    CrazyCatLady1_3 Posts: 106 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2013 at 3:53PM
    Options
    Also, on mortgages Kat - I bought my house back in 2003, but after having a stroke in 2005 at the age of 38, (which left me unable to work) my mortgage was paid off completely by critical illness insurance. So although i do have debt, at least i don't have a mortgage to worry about :)
    Total debt - £16,687.86 approx. - Paid so far - £13,156.30 - £350. a month to DMP - DFD 17/01/2019 But I WILL make it sooner!!
  • beckyboo1980_2
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.
    Just finding it impossible to check in every day. Seem to get about 2 chances a week to sit down, catch up on how everyone is doing and then check in myself.
    Things have gone really well this month (even though there are still 3 days). I have gone slightly over my food budget (£60 per week for 2 adults, 4 children - 2 of whom are in nappies - a dog, a cat and 2 guinea pigs). This was due to me feeling we weren't eating enough fresh fruit and veg so spending more on this, but still only gone over by about £40 for the month. Have started shopping almost exclusively at Aldi and this has made a huge difference to the food bill. I don't seem to manage the number of SFDs I would like but the extra days I do spend are very LSDs, usually just topping up on fresh milk for the twins.
    Hubby and I both got paid this week and this month we will manage to pay £600 off ccs and the usual £350 off the loans. That keeps us on track to be debt free by next December. Really pleased because have also managed to put away £150 from last months and this months wages ready for Christmas. Fully planning to have a thrifty Christmas, but still quite expensive with such a big immediate family. Don't buy for adults - just the children, but its all the extras that cost too - extra travelling to see family etc... Determined not to put anything on the CC this xmas though!

In answer to NSKs earlier question about mortgage, we currently pay almost £750 a month but that is on interest only. That's one of the first things we want to change once we are debt free is switch back to repayment and overpay as much as possible.

NSKs other question about paying for childcare is the other thing that cripples us each month. Have to pay for 22 month old twins and afterschool childminder for daughter who is 8. I use the childcare voucher scheme but Mr Boos employers are STILL getting registered. When I went back after having the twins, I dropped down to 4 days a week, as worked out it meant I didn't actually lose a 5th of my wages. When hubby got his new job he also negotiated that he could work from home 1 day a week so we use a childminder three days a week. Costs us approx £200 per week :eek: - can't wait for the boys to get their free pre-school places when they turn 3!!!! This will also coincide with our debt free date so we will go from one month paying out approx.£950 per month to debts and £800 to childminder to no debt repayments and childcare coming down to about half of that amount - can't wait!!!:T:T:T
    Have a reasonably thrifty weekend planned. Only planned spend is for NCT nearly new sale tomorrow. Have a budget of £60 and for that I will try and get all the twins winter wardrobe and as many birthday and xmas pressies I can. At almost 2 years old they don't know the difference between new and second-hand and certainly don't mind!!!! Money is also coing out my xmas pot so all saved for in advance - excuse me while I polish my halo!!!
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    Beckyboo
    XXX
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2014 #45
    £1197.48/£12,047 - 9.9%
    The Janus Illusion #22
    SFD - 5/20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing