How many times would you wear a pair of trousers....

Options

Comments

• daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, missed this while posting.

Great minds ;)
  • Prothet_of_Doom
    Options
    Jeans ? 10 to 15 days. They start to look a weird shape, and washing them makes them tight again.
    Suit ? 20 times (have you seen the cost of dry cleaning)
    Work smart ? 10 days
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have to say, I wear my jeans for weeks on end...they don't smell, they're not dirty, they cause me no issues. When I spill something down them or otherwise mess them up they'll get washed...

Anything I wear on my top, however, shirts, tees etc get a max of 2 or 3 days' wear before they're washed - less in the summer.
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    People saying a long time - what about t shirts?

I would only wear a top or t shirt once before washing!
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    I tend to only wear t-shirts once, but do sometimes stick them on again if I'd only worn it for a couple of hours.

Jeans I wash less often, and the starchier the denim the less often I wear them (so my skinny jeans have a cotton mix so get washed more often). Hoodies I only wash when they are filthy (I only wear them about the house)

OH would never wash his jeans or hoodies if he could get away with it. I lose track of which he wears so just periodically (6 monthly-ish) bung them all in the wash when he's not in the house :D Mind you I don't think he'd ever wash bedding or towels either.
  • fashionlover10
    Options
    I probably wear my jeans for about 10 days before washing them. I wear jeans so often I think they'd be seriously worn out if I washed them every day.

I don't really wear normal trousers apart from my work ones which I wash every other day.

OH's on the other hand get washed as and when he bothers to put them in the washing basket :rotfl:
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I don't have any jeans but will wear my trousers for 7 days before washing. My husband rarely changes his, I put them in the wash and he then wonders why.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jeans, after 3 or 4 wears unless visibly dirty.
    Tops, every 2 wears unless worn on a night out, in which case they go straight in the wash.
    Knickers, washed after one wear and changed every day ( who doesn't?).
    Bras, every 2 or 3 wears, and the more "delicate" ones get hand-washed.
  • Spirit_2
    Spirit_2 Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think the look of the garment influences my laundry regime as much as anything else. Frequency of changes of clothes and function are other factors. One or two showers a day deals with hygiene element more than the laundry.

Work type suits - usually dress & jacket - dry clean only - as much as it can take before looking 'lived in'. Perhaps half a dozen times.

In summer I wear a lot of linen dresses/tops/skirts/trousers - worn once then wash or it looks a mess.

Casual clothes - tops/jeans/skirts a couple of evenings if worn after work or one whole day. May wear jeans two days running but nothing else.

Undies change once or twice a day.

Anything worn when cleaning out the chickens gets taken off immediately afterwards and washed straight away.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jeans 2-3 times max - besides the barfness of wearing something that's been around ladybits for any longer than that, they don't feel comfortable.

Same for work trousers

Linen trousers just once, they look terrible by the end of the day

Skirts 2-3 max, I don't wear them often and always seem to spill something down me.

Tops/t-shirts only once, can't imagime putting a dirty top on a nice clean body

Cardies/Jumpers 3-4 times, unless I've been mucky.

Undies, goes without saying
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure