Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• daj199
    Options
    Hi all - I've read the main article on MSE about CPP redress and would be grateful for any advice on my circumstance. My father was sold CPP identity protection via Tesco Personal Finance, starting in 2008. He had a Tesco credit card - I'm not sure if Tesco finance actually sold him the policy, or if CPP sold it to him. My father passed away in July this year, after being ill for several years prior. My father still had the policy up to July this year, when it was up for renewal - I cancelled it then. I'm responsible for sorting my late father's affairs and in the process of doing that, I found a letter about the CPP redress scheme and that my father may have been entitled to claim - I know now that the closing date was February 2015 to apply. My father was not well enough to apply by that date, and I've only found out he could have applied since he passed away this July.

Anyway, I've found the template letter that I can modify on the MSE article. Two issues that I'd be grateful for any advice on:
    - Should I write to CPP or Tesco Personal Finance or both? It says on the letters from CPP that the identity protection policy was in association with Tesco Personal Finance.
    - I know that I was not refunded after putting the details in writing to CPP / Tesco finance, I would then escalate the case to the Financial Ombudsman. My question is - is it worth the effort and time to do this, given that it is after the scheme closing date (even with the mitigating circumstance about my fathers illness / death)? I'm looking at about £500 my father has spent on CPP identity protection since 2008 - if I can get all or most of that back, I'd probably be willing to try.

Grateful for any advice or thoughts on my case.
    Thanks
    Dave
  • daj199
    Options
    Grateful if anyone can help with my CPP query just above.
    Many thanks
    Dave
  • KizzieKadium
    Options
    Hi,
    I just reclaimed CPP via Barclaycard (for what was initially a Morgan Stanley Card that they later sold to Barclaycard) so I'd imagine it's fine for you to go via Tesco. I don't know about the taking it further part, but for what it's worth, mine was repaid and it was for a policy dating back to about 2001, that I had no current record of, beyond a vague date and memory of the amounts! Good luck.
  • TinaMa
    Options
    Hi, I am having the same issue with expired cheque from CPP and wonder if anyone managed to get their money back in this situation.
    I have contacted CPP and they said the expiry and no re-issue decision was laid out by the FCA and the High Court and there is nothing to be done. FOS said that is not under their jurisdiction and the FCA said call CPP and the FOS so you can see why I am totally frustrated by this.
    I have raised the point with both CPP and FCA that they did highlight the cheque expiry in the letter that came with the cheque. CPP said the communication was approved by the FCA and had a link to terms and conditions of the scheme.
    Thanks
  • TinaMa
    Options
    Hi, I am having the same issue with expired cheque from CPP and wonder if anyone managed to get their money back in this situation.
    I have contacted CPP and they said the expiry and no re-issue decision was laid out by the FCA and the High Court and there is nothing to be done. FOS said that is not under their jurisdiction and the FCA said call CPP and the FOS so you can see why I am totally frustrated by this.
    I have raised the point with both CPP and FCA that they did highlight the cheque expiry in the letter that came with the cheque. CPP said the communication was approved by the FCA and had a link to terms and conditions of the scheme.
    I posted this originally on a wrong thread!
    thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TinaMa wrote: »
    By contacting CPP, FOS and the FCA you appear to have already exhausted all the avenues available to you.
    Any compelling reason why you didn't cash the cheque earlier?

The CPP refund scheme ended more than eighteen months ago.
  • SHill
    SHill Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    My father has not received a cheque yet.
    I'm not sure what I can do.
    He has been unwell the past 2 years and he relinquishing some financial controls to my sister and me. Can anyone offer some advice paper has gone through to CCP but nothing has come back....
    Looking for straight talking clear advice...
  • dlh67
    Options
    I received a letter about CPP used your site to complete it as I did not even know I had the product. I sent the original form back and received a cheque. Thank you as I was going to throw it in the bin as I thought it was junk mail.
  • Capwilko33
    Options
    Thanks to watching money saving expert I rang up about received the letter to make a claim for it being mis-sold and when I received the form I completed it and sent it in.

The result, I received a cheque for £432.13 from AI Scheme Limited. The success did not stop there because 5 weeks later I received a letter from Lloyds Bank saying that the AI Scheme was only able to refund from 15th January 2005 and because I had it from the 14th July 1998 they had sent me a further cheque for the refund of premiums of £176.82.

This making a total of £608.95 from completing the form as suggested by MSE.

Big thank you.
  • Janineclare
    Options
    Not sure if this is the right place to post however I have A CPP policy which I have had for years and which I purchased directly with them (not through a bank or credit card). I've never received a letter re refund of fees or anything similar so I am not sure what to do now? Can someone help me please?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport