🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have the CPP form to fill in but nowhere have they said which card it relates to. I have no recollection of having bought whatever the protection scheme was - so how do I know what my complaint should be? Pot luck? Fill in all the possible reasons? Anyone able to help?

One of the main reasons is that most people were not aware they were buying this 'service'. It was included automatically when people phoned up to activate their card, which may be why you have no recollection of buying yours.

When I filled in my form, I don't recall if I had to state what bank I was with - I think I just put down my general complaint that it had been added without my knowledge, and they refunded it.
  • dolphingazer
    dolphingazer Posts: 416 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Chuck1234 wrote: »
    The advice from Martin Lewis on how to complete the claim forms is very helpful, but I'm looking for advice in relation to one aspect. Its suggested that you choose to include one reason for the mis-selling but my policy covered me for both cover up to £5K for fraudulent card use prior to notifying CPP and cover up to £100K after notifying CPP, subject to both being reported to CPP within 24 hours of discovery. Should I not just state both reasons as both were included in the policy? Thanks.

I quoted both reasons on my claim form and had mine refunded.
  • pipermick
    Options
    I had CPP Card Protection and IDentity protection. I used Martin's templates to make my claim expecting nothing BUT I got £206 from CP claim and £613 from ID claim... Result, thank you Martin Lewis & your team.:j:T
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Its interesting to know that some have also been refunded from pre 2005 accounts held....
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • k19
    k19 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I've received a cheque from cpp but need advice on whether to accept first offer - any ideas?
  • nannygail
    Options
    My Mother and Father had forms but my dad died in September therefore we put deceased on his form which they returned saying that we can still claim. My Mother has now received a cheque in his name even though they know he has died.

My Mother has spoken to their helpline and they have requested a copy of their will.....

Does anyone think this is correct as I don't think they should be able to request this as it is a very personal document....

Would love any comments
  • AggieAllSaints
    Options
    In my previous thread I said I had received £56.44 from CPP (against payments around £300) but last week I received a second cheque for £358.66 (card claim). The 56.44 I now understand it was for ID claim. I held an ID account for about one year before cancelling it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    nannygail wrote: »
    My Mother has spoken to their helpline and they have requested a copy of their will.....

Does anyone think this is correct as I don't think they should be able to request this as it is a very personal document....
    They can request any information pertinent to the claim. Of course, you are not under any obligation to send it unless you want the money.
  • dolphingazer
    dolphingazer Posts: 416 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    This may be helpful for those wishing to claim pre 2005 CPP. You can download the letter, fill in the appropriate parts of the letter and print it off.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-claim-redress-on-a-mis-sold-credit-card-insurance-policy
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This may be helpful for those wishing to claim pre 2005 CPP. You can download the letter, fill in the appropriate parts of the letter and print it off.
    I'm certain MSE will be pleased that you are linking to Which? when there is a perfectly functional similar template available here on this very site;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection#templateone

:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills