Are XLN any good

Options

Comments

• zaman_2
    Options
    XLN IS very !!!! company, i lost all my business becaus of them
    evian wrote: »
    It seems strange that all the people praising XLN telecom only have one post!

I am using XLN Telecom and can easily say that they are the worst ISP provider I have were used. They make BT look amazing! If you are worried about my low post and want to discount it then I'd advise you read my review and just google the company and you will see that complaints and bad reviews are the only thing they excel in! Read other reviews and all you will see is that this company is awful at best and provides the worst level of service

Check out the reviews at Ciao and the Reviewcentre.

AVOID this company!
  • zaman_2
    Options
    who ever thinking to go with XLN dont bother. You will regret it they very rubbish. No customer services what so ever. They are liers. They messed me around and due to them lost all the business. I was promised they will look after me as i had lost over 5k business and guess what, got a call from the manager and i was told they are compensating me with one month line rental. what a rubbish
  • zaman_2
    Options
    dont bother she wll regret it they very unprofessional
    zaman wrote: »
    Dont bother with this company they are rubbish and have no clue what they talking about go with BT or Virgin media or any other company
    They mess you around
  • sallybolton883
    Options
    I had a really bad experience with XLN, but I moved to a new telecom called Commstel with a 30 day rolling contract and they value me as a person not a number. And what's more, they don't have these ridiculous charges.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a really bad experience with XLN, but I moved to a new telecom called Commstel with a 30 day rolling contract and they value me as a person not a number. And what's more, they don't have these ridiculous charges.

And your connection with this company is?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • dmn001
    dmn001 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just got a sales call from them and we are on the tps list. when stated the caller lied about not knowing what it was "oh sorry, thought it was an opt in list for marketing calls" i replied it was an opt out list and then they hung up.

just want to point out its a legal requirement to not cold call people on this list and that a company can be fined for not complying.
  • plucker
    plucker Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i signed up to this company last year. ..... They are now trying to take me to court for cancellation of the contract but i have informed the debt collectors that i am content to go to court over this. If you have any sense you will not sign up to this company as they are useless!!!!!

Well, we all are in the same boat - a sinking one! :eek:

We have been with them for quite a few years and on/off ok, then we decided to move one account [business - we are very small!] well within their terms.

We sent an email on the 25th [after we emailed with a guy there and 'cleared' a few points].

We sent a copy to him, me, and other bodies just to make it official!

Then on the 29th we received the £. 299 cancellation Proforma Invoice!

1. We sent it 50 days before the end of contract

2. they show it in our Communications Page [XLN] on the 29th !

3. you can only read XLN communications - not ours!

4. the guy I emailed with, has the possibility to move [or not!] communications in that page

5. I emailed XLN guy and he said there must be a mistake and I am still waiting to hear from him

6. new provider placed an order [to move with them] on the correct date - which is the first day after the last day of contract with XLN as the XLN GUY SAID!

It is ridiculous and I will also move away with the home account when it ends and will send this communications this time, MONTHS before.

Still, it is unlawful to ask this amount after we have done as they ask in the [not very understandable contract]

If any of you are a small business, here are a few links:
    [FONT=&quot]
    Sorry - not allowed - MSE saying I am new and I am not!

I am now starting to feel sick and I am not joking!

M
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • saz5856
    Options
    Ive just had a business cold call from them even tho we are corporate TPS registered. When i informed them of this i was sworn at told i was stupid and arrogant and he would cut my telephone line off imediately but then told me he would call everyday!

Avoid like the plague!
  • kaspersky
    Options
    Thanks for that information Lanc.
    However, first time posters praising companies in threads full of the opposite opinion are rarely believed.
  • arthena
    arthena Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Any updates on XLN Telecom as I am about to move my company accross to them.

Thanks

Arthena
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family