P.I.P. timescales...

Options

Comments

• dialysis
    dialysis Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am well and truly at my lowest point now, been in severe pain all day I have severe ME and Fibromyalgia and been waiting for my five day call back for 15 days now oh and my 24 hour urgent call back that never came and my afternoon call back today which never came and now told they will ring me back sometime but there is nothing else they can do at the call centre but put another 5 day call back through. Came off phone in floods of tears after the day I have had, yet another night of bed at 6pm. Just about had enough of the whole bloody PIP thing wish I never applied now good job they haven't rung back in the last 15 minutes they would have been told to do one. Seriously so fed up and hurting
  • Sunshinesusie3
    Options
    So sorry ,you really are having a awful time.If you are having no respose from your MP you could try your local CAB office.
    Thanks for suggestion but from what I've read on Rightsnet forum benefit and welfare rights advisers are having just as much difficulty. I only contacted MP on Friday afternoon so still time and based on what they did last time they seem to try to sort things out before contacting me.
  • BethcMac64
    BethcMac64 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    dialysis wrote: »
    Well I am well and truly at my lowest point now, been in severe pain all day I have severe ME and Fibromyalgia and been waiting for my five day call back for 15 days now oh and my 24 hour urgent call back that never came and my afternoon call back today which never came and now told they will ring me back sometime but there is nothing else they can do at the call centre but put another 5 day call back through. Came off phone in floods of tears after the day I have had, yet another night of bed at 6pm. Just about had enough of the whole bloody PIP thing wish I never applied now good job they haven't rung back in the last 15 minutes they would have been told to do one. Seriously so fed up and hurting
    Snap honey, I'm in severe pain every day with degenerative disc disease, arthritis and heart problems which are still under investigation and let's not even talk of the depression, hyper vigilance, OCD, anxiety and panic attacks!! I've been in tears too all day following calls to both Atos and DWP and I'm at the end of my rope. I've been in the support group ESA since Nov 2011 and only applied for PIP Oct last year, had my assessment end of April report was done and sent to DWP 2 June then they made queries to Atos so another supplementary report done and sent to DWP 24 June then on Sat I got a letter telling me I'm to attend another assessment on 17 July but didn't say what it was in relation to, ESA OR PIP. I got in a right state and had a bit of a melt down on Sat which was the worst ever. Today rang Atos, spoke to Mr Nasty who confirmed it is for ESA. Asked if I could move the date because of everything going on at the moment health, PIP process and now facing homelessness because of a selfish joint tenant who happens to be my own brother that I took in, he was not interested whatsoever and got very loud with me so I asked where was the pre-assessment questionnaire as I haven't had one for this assessment and they are supposed to determine whether or not you need an assessment from the completed questionnaire. So he they will probably use the last one I completed which was for my PIP claim. In the end we were getting into an argument so I ended the call. The thing is if they can use a questionnaire for this next assessment then why the hell can they not use the report that was completed just recently too? This is one of the questions I have put in my complaint to DWP. I have no issue with attending the assessment allbeit my 4th assessment in less than 2 years but so be it, but all I wanted to do was move it to a later date because I'm struggling to get through the day at the moment with all the other issues going on right now. So that's why I raised a complaint with DWP via my MP who is the only one who seems to help me.

So you have my sympathy (dialysis 65910862) I know exactly how you're feeling today, you are not alone.
  • Sunshinesusie3
    Options
    dialysis wrote: »

Is it a mandatory reconsideration decision you're waiting for? If so depressingly there seems to be very little you, or anybody on your behalf can do to speed things up. There's no time scales that they have to conform to. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the problem is lack of staffing as decision makers are moved from MR teams to PIP claims to clear the backlog but if this is true all they're doing is creating another problem further down the line.

I feel your pain and hope tomorrow can be a better day for you and all of us.
  • Caza143
    Caza143 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    My claim is 41 weeks today only had medical 1week ago it's with audit now and know my file had been opened today. I took advise from here and asked timescales today audit is taking 4-6weeks but she said there really quick ATM and dm takes approx 4 weeks
    The lady at atos today said it will be ready when it's ready charming
    When I spoke to pip I said I heard some timescales are really bad she says everyone says that but there not
    The audit letter says they only have it a couple oh days somehow I don't see thar
  • fairy_dust_2
    Options
    Hi fairy dust, I don't undersatand it either.When i looked at past posts in the forum the majority seem to have had the decision in 5 weeks. Have you contacted your MP.I did and received a letter last week. They have written to IDS and are waiting his reply.

I thought because of the past post's that at 5 weeks we would reach the end too :( Not got my mp involved yet I really think I need to though im just not good on the phone. I really hope you get a favourable decision soon!! 9 weeks is ridiculous let alone the long wait to get to the stage your at and I cant believe they haven't called you back yet its disgraceful. Just adds to the stress your already under! I know its made me worse. I really hope your mp can speed things up for you :)
  • Caza143
    Caza143 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    kittykat17 wrote: »
    Just made my weekly call to the DWP to see if my decision had been made - only a week since it was passed to the DM but I live in hope!! Spoke to Simon who told me that although my file had been passed to a Case Manager it was still in the 'pile'. He did say, however, that they have now been instructed to clear the backlog of claims over 9 months as quickly as possible and that these take precedence. He told me to call back at the end of the week. Here's hoping.

Currently 51 weeks (on Weds) since originally claimed!
    Su

I can't believe your still waiting I've been following you're story I also live in Newcastle I am about three weeks behind you. Fingers crossed you get good news son xx
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Caza143 wrote: »
    I can't believe your still waiting I've been following you're story I also live in Newcastle I am about three weeks behind you. Fingers crossed you get good news son xx

Thanks and the same to you.
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Geordie girl & BethcMac64, so sorry to hear what you're going through. Sending hugs and best wishes and prayers for you both to get favourable responses quickly. xx
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fairy_dust wrote: »
    I thought because of the past post's that at 5 weeks we would reach the end too :( Not got my mp involved yet I really think I need to though im just not good on the phone. I really hope you get a favourable decision soon!! 9 weeks is ridiculous let alone the long wait to get to the stage your at and I cant believe they haven't called you back yet its disgraceful. Just adds to the stress your already under! I know its made me worse. I really hope your mp can speed things up for you :)

If it helps fairy_dust, I'm awful on the phone due to anxiety and other issues and I sent my MP an email which he responded quickly to and indicated he was more than happy to communicate with me in writing of some description whether e- or snail mail. Good luck x
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure