P.I.P. timescales...

Options

Comments

• Mummy678
    Options
    Hi I have been reading this thread since January I applied for pip on the 9th of jan had my assesment on the 30th May capita sent report of on the 16th June dwp received it on 23rd so now it a waiting game I can't believe how long so many of u have been waiting I hope everyone gets the decisions soon x
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    BethcMac64 wrote: »
    OMG, just took a call from a lady in DWP, she informed me that a decision was made yesterday got Standard rate for Daily Living Component and High rate for Mobility. She said a letter will be sent to me and she agreed that another Assessment for ESA at this stage is too soon and has someone looking into that because she thinks my assessments have been a bit excessive almost 4 in less than 2 years between PIP and ESA. It hasn't sunk in yet, is this really over, oh I so hope so.
    :j

That's great to hear. Really happy for you - did you get what you hoped for? Here's hoping for good news this week for the others amongst us that have been waiting for ever. x
  • lauriee
    lauriee Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Mummy2011 wrote: »
    Thank you for your advise.
    I thought I would call today to check if it had been received ,not expecting much of an answer after yesterday & the script reading.
    Well I was told that it was received by the DWP on the 25th June & today they are saying a decision would take between 2-3 weeks , so my fingers are crossed very tightly. :)

ah great news that it is now with DWP least you know and had it confirmed, mine was couriered to them on the 19th so Friday coming will be 2 weeks with them, hopefully wont be much longer and we will all hear something
  • lauriee
    lauriee Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    OMG, just took a call from a lady in DWP, she informed me that a decision was made yesterday got Standard rate for Daily Living Component and High rate for Mobility. She said a letter will be sent to me and she agreed that another Assessment for ESA at this stage is too soon and has someone looking into that because she thinks my assessments have been a bit excessive almost 4 in less than 2 years between PIP and ESA. It hasn't sunk in yet, is this really over, oh I so hope so.:j

Fab news was the award what you was expecting? least you can put all this fiasco behind you for now hope he sort out the assessment nonsense for you too does seem very excessive
  • Sunshinesusie3
    Options
    OMG, just took a call from a lady in DWP, she informed me that a decision was made yesterday got Standard rate for Daily Living Component and High rate for Mobility. She said a letter will be sent to me and she agreed that another Assessment for ESA at this stage is too soon and has someone looking into that because she thinks my assessments have been a bit excessive almost 4 in less than 2 years between PIP and ESA. It hasn't sunk in yet, is this really over, oh I so hope so.:j

That's brilliant news. The feeling is great isn't it? Like a massive weight off your shoulders, made even more special by not having anymore assessments.

I found out today that my arrears have to be authorised by a manager, still waiting for a call back to say when that may be. I'm in another queue it seems. Anybody with arrears for enhanced care and mobility award of more than35 weeks in the queue with me. I imagine I'm going through with the glut of decisions being made for claims of 9 months or more. Hoping decision made soon so I can get that buzzy feeling back. And do some essential bill paying and shopping.

Good news is that ESA assessment not due til Feb next year.
  • geordie_girl_2
    Options

Fantastic news, really pleased for you.I hope we all get decisions soon.
  • sunflower_2
    sunflower_2 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options

excellent news :beer:

i hope the award was what you were expecting
  • dialysis
    dialysis Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    Options
    Is it a mandatory reconsideration decision you're waiting for? If so depressingly there seems to be very little you, or anybody on your behalf can do to speed things up. There's no time scales that they have to conform to. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the problem is lack of staffing as decision makers are moved from MR teams to PIP claims to clear the backlog but if this is true all they're doing is creating another problem further down the line.

I feel your pain and hope tomorrow can be a better day for you and all of us.
    Hiya hunni No it is what they call an unplanned intervention which could take weeks yet.:(
  • dialysis
    Options
    Oh Beth so pleased for you hunni :T:j:beer::Athank god its finally over for you xxx
  • dialysis
    Options
    Did you see my news honey?:rotfl:
    Just now hun so pleased for you really am xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income