• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    digitaldai wrote: »
    200mb data
    100 mins talk
    250 sms
    +free calls to other talktalk mobiles (my wife!)

I think it may be more both in money paid and what they give you now.

Paying upfront for a years land line rental has become a lot less of a bargain than it was last year looking at it quickly.

when you say paying upfront for a year, i assume your refering to your landline and broadband with talktalk, and not your sim only package with talktalk
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    You could have a look at Vectone.

They do sims (EE network) and landlines. Dunno about broadband.

Vectone customers get 6 months broadband half price broadband at £3.25, their landline 12 months upfront (£107.00) is £8.92 a month and free Vectone - Vectone calls between landline and mobile and vice versa... dunno why MSE doesn't mention it, maybe you now have to pay to advertise as the cheaper providers since moneysupermarket bought MSE?

http://vectonehome.com/

http://vectonehome.com/offers/linerental-offers.aspx

http://vectonehome.com/offers/call-offers.aspx

http://vectonehome.com/offers/broadband-offers.aspx

Vectone only requires one LEAD sim to be topped up monthly for the 6 months half price broadband
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    Vectone customers get 6 months broadband half price broadband at £3.25, their landline 12 months upfront (£107.00) is £8.92 a month and free Vectone - Vectone calls between landline and mobile and vice versa... dunno why MSE doesn't mention it, maybe you now have to pay to advertise as the cheaper providers since moneysupermarket bought MSE?

Vectone only requires one LEAD sim to be topped up monthly for the 6 months half price broadband

I really, really wouldn't touch vectone. I ported my number to them 2 weeks ago and have not been able to receive incoming calls since. I've contacted them almost daily about it, every day they promise it will "definitely" (not "probably") be fixed. The girl hung up on me today when I asked politely about a possible refund.

I'd heard the tales of bad customer service but usually I'm able to find a way past such things. Vectone / Delight Mobile are absolutely impossible when things go wrong.

Seriously, don't ignore the warnings you see. They're not your usual "bad".
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Options
    There are alot of negative comments about Vectone which may well be the reason they are not recommended. Payg seems ok with them but as soon as you start a direct debit there seem to be problems. Have a read first would be my advice.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    And top up vectone using a voucher rather than credit card. The 'do not auto topup' has been known to be ignored, reportedly.

I've now blocked then from my credit card.
  • bungrefurb
    Options
    I think I've managed to get a decent deal from EE - 30 day rolling contract for 11.99 per month which includes Unlimited texts/calls and 2gb of data.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    MFiT-T2 Questee number 146
  • wallofbeans
    wallofbeans Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Now that I know how much tax I've got to pay... It's time to get my mobile costs in order...

I'm looking for a sim only deal. I've got my iPhone 5s now out of contract and unlocked.. I don't need 4G as I don't think it's worth bothering with until it actually works well.. but it might be nice..

I do more texting than anything else, with at least 300 mins of voice calls and reasonable amount of data I'd guess..

I was looking at the Three deals and was considering trying the 4GB data, 600 mins, on 1 month contract for £18 a month first and then if it's any good then go to the same deal on a 12 month contract for £15.

Although, I've heard negative things about Three's coverage so was also looking at a GiffGaff £18 a month 3G deal or similar £18 a month 4G deal. How does GiffGaff work though? Is it a monthly rolling contract? Can I get a better deal if I sign up for 12 months or more? Everybody else seems to do that except them... Are they any better than Three?

I also noticed the £18 4G deal is going up to £20 in April. But if I start using it before then will it remain £18 or will I just get a couple of months at £18 and then it'll revert to £20.

I'm currently with Virgin Mobile and not that impressed.

Any advice out there?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 January 2015 at 9:48PM
    Options
    Giffgaff is PAYG with bundles ('goodybags). No contract, no deals. The price can change.

Check Lycamobile as well. They use the same O2 and have £15 bundle that can suit you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure